Posts by LeviticusLo

Thank you for the responses. I've been searching for these kinds of answers for far too long, haha.

I'm especially excited for that list of mods. A lot of my weapons' skins aren't rare (with a few potential exceptions), so having a list to refer to will be incredibly helpful.

I did notice that Vampiric wasn't listed (aside from OS/pre-nerf weapons with double inherent Vampiric mods). Might I ask why that's the case?

I've been playing this game for years, off and on. I've accumulated tons of weapons, shields, foci(focuses?), and mods, but I don't really understand what has value and what doesn't.

I imagine the majority of them aren't worth using either due to a high requirement or mismatched mods or inherent stats (e.g. Celestial Scepter with 12 Earth Magic requirement, with inherent +4 Energy below 50% and HSR of Smiting Prayers).

Then there's weapons that wouldn't likely ever see the light of day for regular use, but have mods that seem to be valued for that weapon type (e.g. Insightful Zodiac Staff of Fortitude, the 13 Smiting Prayers requirement and HCT for Curses seem useless, but the Insightful Staff Head and Wrapping of Fortitude might have value themselves).

Of course, there's also some weapons with "Measure for Measure" that might be worth salvaging for materials, but the weapon skin or other mods might possibly be more valuable (e.g. Supreme Bludgeoner of Warding with a 10 Hammer Mastery requirement, would the Hammer Haft of Warding be potentially more valuable than the amount of Wood/Iron/Steel from salvaging?)

I've tried searching for answers from price guides, profession guides, even the Kamadan trade chat thing. While some are informative, they all tend to either have a fairly specific focus, be a number of years old, or just difficult to utilize.

-----

I guess I've got 3 specific questions in mind that I keep asking myself with each weapon, but I can't seem to reliably figure out the answers for any of them.

1. Is the weapon itself of value? (Including and/or excluding its mods)

• Is a Scepter of the Forgotten with perfect 'of Quickening' and "Aptitude not Attitude" mods valuable if it has a 13 Spawning Power requirement?
    • Would a Saurian Scythe or Storm Bow be valuable regardless of its requirement or mods?

2. Are the mods of value? (Perfect vs non-Perfect, usefulness for the weapon type and/or profession)

• Is something like +29 Fortitude or +14 "Seize the Day" ever worth keeping or trying to sell to another player?
    • Would a Sword/Axe Grip of Enchanting or Fiery Spear Head have a higher value or desire for different professions?

3. Should the weapon be traded as-is, salvaged for parts or materials, or just sold to a merchant?

• Would an Adept Jeweled Staff of Valor with "Measure for Measure" be more valuable if salvaged for its Adept Staff Head, the materials, or sold to a merchant for the 220g?
    • Is a Perfect Cane of Memory with "Seize the Day" and 9 Domination requirement best as-is or salvaged for its mods?
    • Does an Insightful(+5) Forgotten Staff of Fortitude(+30) with 9 Domination requirement have value if it has an inherent HCT(19%) of Water Magic?

Any advice on how to answer these kinds of questions would be greatly appreciated.