• Am I correct that any chest with the same key value can drop a q8 rarely?
    Such as Elonian Chests in Crystal Desert and Kournan Chests in NF?

I know I once got a q8ar16 plagueborn shield from a canthan chest in undercity, pogmei is a q8 option but are the chances higher than other canthan chests elsewhere or is it just 'better' because it's an easy chest run?

I always thought same named chests mostly had the same 'level', the only real exception being locked chests on shing jea island and istan (starter areas).

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• Actually Surge, Kournan chests drop q8s like does elonian and Canthan, Also maguuma chests drop q8

q8 Drops come from lvl17-21 foes and chests, 300g chests such as maguuma are lvl18, while Kourna, Elonian and Canthan 450g ones are lvl20.

From what ive seen Kournan (NF) chests actually drop alot more often q8 then canthan/tyrian chests, but thats because there are alot more offhand/shield skins to be dropped in the drop tables, and alot less other weapons.

-Pleikki

• Actually Surge, Kournan chests drop q8s like does elonian and Canthan, Also maguuma chests drop q8

q8 Drops come from lvl17-21 foes and chests, 300g chests such as maguuma are lvl18, while Kourna, Elonian and Canthan 450g ones are lvl20.

From what ive seen Kournan (NF) chests actually drop alot more often q8 then canthan/tyrian chests, but thats because there are alot more offhand/shield skins to be dropped in the drop tables, and alot less other weapons.

-Pleikki

Ikki speaks the truth!

Ive personally had the best luck running the singular chest in Shadows Passage for req8. Had like 7-8 drop there since drop nerf, and most of the time they are max dmg (Not sure why).
    Chest running is 100% the way to go, trying to farm for req8 now is just.... pointless xD

• I believe it's better because of the easy and faster run compared to others.
    [hr]
    But I think the higher key value chests do since it has to be in NM. I don't think q8s drop from HM.

I didn't mean those low level areas locked chests drop q8 just that they seem to drop a lower req (ie. q9-11 average) more often than elsewhere (ie q10-12 average) probably due to average foe level. I think it was Luny who pointed it out to me. She was a good source of drop research and statistics to me.

Thanks Pleikki and Kairi for your input, glad I'm not crazy.

(well maybe a little)

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• I think I might try that shadows passage chest. Seems like a great place. In general, I meant this thread as "farming" = chest running because I don't think anybody farms anything like that from killing mobs anymore :P. I appreciate all the feedback though. I'll take it all to heart.

Sup