Posts by Langlar

Hey The wolf Auuu and Tad Strange,

Ill try and be on tomorrow (sunday 6th) in the afternoon/evening (european time zone) to give you the things you would like. If you can't be online then we can arrange another time. I'm not too active at the moment, but Ill try and catch you both!

- Louise

Hey all,

Since I realized I have too many things I want to start giving some stuff away:

Undedicated minipets:

Gold

- Prince Rurik

Dedicated minipets:

White

- Jungle troll (1x)

- Necrid Horseman (2x)

- Siege Turtle (1x)

- Temple Guardian (1x)

- Fire Imp (2x)

- Heket Warrior (1x)

- Juggernaut (2x)

- Harpy Ranger (1x)

- Thorn Wolf (1x)

- Wind Rider (1x)

- Abyssal (1x)

- Forest Minotaur (1x)

- Irukandji (1x)

- Mursaat (1x)

- Roaring Ether (1x)

- Desert Griffon (2x)

- Kveldulf (1x)

- Terrorweb Dryder (2x)

- Cobalt Scabara (1x)

- Scourge Manta (1x)

- Shard Wolf (1x)

Purple

- Burning Titan (1x)

- Charr Shaman (2x)

- Elf (1x)

- Koss (1x)

- Ooze (1x)

- Jora (1x)

- Nian (1x)

- Candysmith Marley (1x)

- Oola (1x)

Gold

- Prince Rurik (2x)

- Lich (1x)

- Black Beast of Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh (1x)

- Zhu Hanuku (1x)

- Celestial Rat (1x)

- Celestial Pig (1x)

Misc.:

60 Red Gift Bags (will give away 2x30 to 2 people)

30 Trick or Treat bags

13 Sparklers

10 Shamrock Ale

5 Blessings of War (1 each)

I'll edit this thread whenever I have more to give away.

I will try and be online whenever I can. Please leave your IGN here along with what you would like to receive. First come first serve!

- Louise

ign. Leila Of Langlar

From an old retired PvPer that still loves to the bone this game, I must say, even though it's an honorable idea (and I have seen this project develop since the downfall of the old QQ forum) this idea and "generosity" per se came way to late to the game.

Sure it makes a difference for residual community. But if that generosity didn't came so late, let's say on 2008-2009, the community wouldn't fall this short and the game would still be pumping.

For whatever the reason the only community that seems to have done that from the scratch was the French. Sacre bleu!

You are right, we started way too late with this. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do about that now. Everyone here wishes the game is the way it was all those years ago, and it isn't just the GvG community suffering, the PvE community is also still slowly losing players.

I guess everyone would love it if arenanet would come and take care of all the spammers in kamadan and the people syncing guilds on the GvG ladder and the Automated Tournaments and all the other small things that need fixing (the observer mode that keeps breaking down for example).

Unfortunately, we have to make do with what we have! On that note, I would like to invite interested people to join us for our scrims tomorrow.

"Teaching Sunday:

We will be starting after the C-AT ends, keep an eye out on Tolkano (Tournament guy in the guildhall) if its a 3 or 4 round AT.
    When: Sunday, Jan 8th around 9:00PM CET/8:00PM GMT/3:00PM EST/12:00PM PST (Google 'CET to my time' to be sure)
    Meet: Guildhall SqrL (PM Leila of Langlar or Wong Tai Li for a guest invite)
    Builds: TBA, potentially decided by the Team leader (Banned: Wastrels / Zurrie Dervs)
    Flux: No flux this month to worry about!
    Map: TBA
    Organisers: Wong Tai Li, Leila of Langlar and Strange Shisha"

Hope to see you all there!
    Louise

Hello all,

I am posting here on behalf of both the GvG community as well as the GvG teaching scrims team. Since the amount of people who play GvG has been slowly going down in the last few years, we decided we have to do something to stop this from continuing. This is the reason we are reaching out to the other side of the guild wars community: the PvEers and the more casual PvPers. We know that there is a lot of skepticism and distrust aimed towards the GvG crowd which is mainly due to excessive amount of flaming, trolling and other things by the PvPers aimed at the ones who have less skill. We realize that this might be stopping many from even trying to get into GvG and we would like to change this.

Because of the current gap in experience between the GvG players that are playing now and potentially new players, we started with a Teaching project in October 2015. At least once a week many of the GvG players gather around in a guildhall and play friendly scrimmages against each other and giving players with less experience priority in the teams. During these scrimmages, we try to go over many different aspects of GvG, from simple basics to advanced tactics. We have been keeping this project going for well over a year now and many players that started with us last year have now continued forwards into their own guilds and have also started helping out with organizing these scrimmages.

I have been reading threads and posts on both forums and facebook of people asking if the GvG scene is still active, where the answer then almost always given is: No. We would like to change this answer into: Yes. Sure, there aren’t many players left. It has been many years since the monthly tournaments (mATs) had over 30 different guilds playing and we now struggle to even have mATs with 16 teams. However, there is still a good competition going. If you look on observer mode, you will see random guilds with no actual players syncing champion points on ladder. This has stopped the GvG guilds from being able to use the ladder properly since the chances that they will face these sync guilds is greater than that they would face a normal guild. Along with the fact that you need to have played a certain amount of other teams until you can face the same team again it unfortunately means normal ladder GvG is dead.
    However, the Automated Tournaments (ATs) are still ongoing, mainly the one in the evening for European players and these matches can be seen on observe. What you cannot see on observe mode however, is the number of scrimmages being played between the GvG guilds during waiting times or even well after the AT is over, since these never show up on the there. These matches are often streamed and recorded by players and posted on the teamquitter forum for all to watch. GvG is still very much alive.

What we would like to achieve with this post is to convince players that have been thinking about wanting to try GvG to join us in our weekly scrimmages. Besides the teaching scrims, we are also currently setting up a mentor program, where we try to link newer players to more experienced ones to help out with both the whole learning experience as well as hopefully accelerate the integration process into the GvG community, since that is always easier when you get to know more people. We are also setting up a whole new section on the Teamquitter forum, fully dedicated to the teaching program where everyone who is even remotely interested in GvG can post anything they would like GvG related, ranging from discussions about specific tactics to basic questions about armor. This section will be by invitation only, so we can easily moderate who is allowed access and thus keep out all the trolls.

What to do if you are interested? You can either post here, post on the teamquitter forum in either the teaching scrimmage thread or the Mentor system thread, or if you do not like posting anything, you can always PM the following players with any questions you might have:

Leila Of Langlar
    Wong Tai Li
    Ska La

Thank you for reading this long post and I hope to see many new players joining us for future scrimmages.

Louise (Leila Of Langlar)