Question about Vanquishing/Mission/Dungeon/etc. services

• Hello everyone,

I'd like to know what exactly people do when they offer services (except running of course) alone. When it's groups of people offering a service they often do speed clears, but what if it's just one person? Do they just take their heroes and vanquish the areas/do the missions and dungeons casually? Do the customers mind if it isn't a speed clear?

If so, how many customers is it usually worth having in the group?

I'm specifically asking because I have several characters with ideal hero setups which I am planning to vanquish all areas with and do some missions/dungeons, and if I could take along some people and make money that would be a plus.

Thanks!

• services like missions, vanquishes and dungeons (not all) are not always speed clear-able. People who buy these services know that it takes time to vanquish an area of like 500 foes. Most of the time, service buyers go afk with dual vamp weapons and low hp armor so that the rubber can still revive at a shrine if he fails and the group wipes. I did a lot of services like these.

Most important note here: if you run with a conset, keep the +1hp regen in mind. That's why afk service buyers should always wield a dual vamp and low hp armor.

• Vanquishes are done with a full party, minus the slot for the AFK buyer (with a few possible exceptions in areas where quests can significantly reduce spawns). So this always takes time, there is no way around that. The only increase in speed comes from the use of a conset, which most people offering such services tend to go with, and decent hero setups, of course. If you're vanquishing anyway, this is an option to make some money along the way, if you're confident in your heroes. Assuming people still pay for those services, that is.

For dungeons, every dungeon (except for the solo ones, of course) can be run by a single player with relative ease. In those cases, the runner would usually know the dungeon quite well and solo it without heroes. Some kind of Shadow Form build would be usual here. They'll be slower than the solo records to increase safety, but faster than a player with a hero team killing stuff along the way. For most dungeons, an experienced runner can do it without a conset even. This is not something that you should charge for if you intend to just do the dungeon "normally" with yourself + six heroes, leaving a slot open for another player to leech through.

MIssions are often less "runnable", so here just dropping a hero for a leecher might work out, so long as you know the mission well. Occasionally, you might want your customer to be available to skip cutscenes or somesuch.

For elite areas, these things tend to be group efforts, at least full clears. I doubt anyone will solo all of UW by themselves as a paid service. Four people would probably be the minimum here, and the leecher would need to put in some effort at Dhuum. FoW might be done by 2-3 people? Not so sure here. A run to just the armoursmith is probably fine solo. For Urgoz, maybe 3-4 people could run the whole thing in relative safety and without spending too much on cons, for Deep the minimum amount of players is technically 4, but I doubt anyone who would offer such a run would be going with less than 6. But to be honest, I suspect not many people would run this sort of thing as a service anyway. The golden days of people wanting the statues for their HoM are over :D

• Thanks for the replies!

I didn't want to put dungeons in my question as well, my mistake. I meant only missions and vanquishes, so things people normally don't solo or speed clear (with exceptions).

Maybe it would then be worth it for me to bring along someone to a vanquish or mission I'll do anyway, but the issue is that I also want to cartograph, making things really slow. I guess many people wouldn't care either way since they will afk.

• Cifer August 13, 2021 at 12:01 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Question about Vanquishing/Mission/Dungeon/etc. services” to “CLOSED Question about Vanquishing/Mission/Dungeon/etc. services”.
  • cosyfiep August 31, 2021 at 4:26 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “CLOSED Question about Vanquishing/Mission/Dungeon/etc. services” to “Question about Vanquishing/Mission/Dungeon/etc. services”.