Guild Wars Virtual Identity Survey

• Hey all,

I wanted to share with you that I just had a really interesting interview with someone who is studying a PhD in Psychology and who is researching people's virtual identity in video games. They are trying to learn whether people tend to create characters that represent themselves, an idealized version of themselves, or someone completely different. It was a genuinely really interesting and fun interview and I just wanted to pass the message on to see if anyone else would like to take part in the study. The interviewer currently has 79 out of 200 participants that he needs for his research so I thought why not ask the great GW community to see if anyone else would be interested in taking part. I have done a PhD myself and I know how difficult it is, so any help for this guy in his research would be great!!

Here is the link for more information. You just fill out a quick survey and then the researcher will ask you to have a short interview. I just did my interview a few minutes ago and it lasted just over an hour: https://ubpsychology.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cSlw8tHptYaxoIl

The research is being conducted at the University of Barcelona. It's really interesting to discover what identity your virtual Guild Wars character represents. It turns out I view my character as someone who is quite different to myself in reality!

Dr_Devilish

• Personally I don't try to recreate myself generally in most games. I did make a first main character to kinda represent me, but all the others where not me. And appart for my main in Guild Wars, I usually like to imagine characters. - maybe it's related to my interest in theatre.

I did - unconsciously ... made my ex girlfriend as one of my Guild Wars characters - and realized it later on.
    I mean she was short, red hair... at least that's what I suspect, I know I wasn't thinking of it at the time, but I had broken up recently and it was my first true love. Because I never viewed the character as her I just brushed it off and see the character as their own.

thanks for the link to the study. I'm definitely interested in seeing the results. - unsure if I'll participate.

Wondering is MMORPG really will stand for; Multiple Men Online Role Playing Girls after this survey.