The Remaining Sins [SOF]

• Hello!

I'm James, fairly active on here and still getting to grips with forum culture. Me and a friend of mine (Simon) have just begun to reform our childhood guild [SOF]. The guild was active mostly in factions with a big focus on getting involved with both the Luxon and Kurzick sides.

We appreciate that the game is pretty exhausted in terms of people paying attention to faction as most of those that remain have their saviors or R4's to go in the HoM but after a great deal of nostalgia we've decided to see if we can breath a bit of life back into what was once a great part of the game.

A little bit of [SOF]'s history:

• Founded way back when in 2007, we started off as a Luxon guild (The Rejected Sins) with a few misfits from one of the major Luxon alliances ([KING]).
    • Shortly after we began hitting faction pretty hard and filled up the guild with a core of 6 officers and a full roster, pumping out faction teams hourly doing AB, Challenge Missions and Vanquishes.
    • The guild then pushed it's way into the #2 alliance at the time and was involved at length with a fight against [any] that were holding the #1 spot and Cavalon for many years.
    • After a hell of a lot of work, the #1 spot was taken and [any] was dethroned. We opted then to make a start on the Kurzick side and ran two guilds in tandem, thus the birth of The Remaining Sins.
    • Again, we followed the same trend and pushed our way into the #2 alliance and began to build a great core which ultimately paved the way with some of the old school factions guilds like [WIN], [EviL], [KING] and others to take House Zu Heltzer.
    • The guilds finalized their efforts by managing to take the record of being the only dual-guilds to hold the #1 guild spot (highest faction on both Kurzick and Luxon) at the same time with 44M and 34M faction respectively.
    • Ironically enough, after years of poaching people from guilds and recruitment as a guild leader gave me a passion and interest for pursuing it as an IRL career, I secured a job as a trainee headhunter (still with the same firm to this day!) and felt that the time was right to step away from GW to focus on my career. I took a step down (as did most of the core team) and we let the guild rest in peace.

So it's been a good few years since we've been really at it and we're both rusty as anything but we've now got some free time to play with again! I know that once upon a time the factions scene was thriving and great fun. We want to see if there's any chance to bring that back into play.

Main activities: JQ/FA (hoping to get in touch with [LGiT] and see if we can coordinate on their great weekend FA initiative!). Vanquishing and general PvE. Our goal is to push onto a Kurzick town and ultimately work our way up the rankings to a more prestigious town like Amatz Basin (or better!).

If you're interested in taking part and want to join in on the fun for your titles or just something to do (maybe even getting more than 3 humans in a JQ match..!) then drop either myself or Simon a PM, it'd be great to hear from you!

My IGN: S O F Sin Reject/Alrea Redemption
    Simon's IGN: Rebels Rising

Thanks for reading :)

IGN: S O F Sin Reject/Alrea Redemption

"Herpa-derpa herpadee derp" James - 2009

Edited once, last by James (July 24, 2017 at 12:45 PM).

• bsoltan April 15, 2021 at 4:24 PM

Closed the thread.