The basis to evaluate OS weapons

• Hello all,

I'm starting to collect a lot of OS items, but many of them have no value and I would only like to keep what is worth more than a good ten ectos.

What are the basics? I don't want to price check every 2 items! I guess all the base skins are worth less than 10 ectos if they are not Q9 with max upgrades right? Then on less common skins we can hope to find value in Req 10/11+?

Can a medium rare skin like an echovald shield have the value in req 9 if it has only one upgrade?

Does some amelioration kill the value of an item like 15% vs exed foes? For example I have a Rq 9 celestial hammer with a +15% while in stance, less worthy than while hp is > to 50% i assume but does it still have some value?

Thank you,

• basics - considering OS items that still can drop, being max damage, excluding specific collector likes and postnerf max for lower reqs than q9.

- Single mod shields, wands and foci are worthless.

- dual mod shields, wands, foci can have no worth (mods are too much off or useless) to enormous worth. Ignore the reqs here first of all!! Mods > reqs in this domain!

Here it becomes a bit complicated as of the massive amount of mod combinations. In doubt get a price check here on the forum if the item is dualmod.

- for shields you look after 30hp + x (x being preferably useful creature/dmg type mods like e.g. undead/charr/demons, 1/20% attribute, -2wS, -2wE)/ or 45hp wEnch + x or / 45hp wE + -2wE/ or 45hp wStance + -2wS combination.

But even if it is significantly off on one or even both mods (example +10 demons / 41hp wE Exalted aegis being sold for 100a+) dualmodded items can still have huge value. Once again: get a price check in doubt!

- wands and foci you look after are 20/20, 20/19, 20/10, 10/10 (on lower reqs) and 20 15/-1eregen. 20 here standing for a preferably matching attribute. Single prof (e.g. inscribed chakram) less worth than multi prof (e.g. straw effigy).

- Staves unless they are 20/20 matching or useful attribute combinations are worthless. 20/10 req 9 staves can have double digit ecto value. 20/20- single profession drops (holy branch, inscribed staff etc) are usually way less valuable than multi-prof items (bo-staff, zodiac staff, celestial staff etc.)

- martials usually dont have value unless they are req 8 (swords, in the following not respected as they have always value) or req9 dual vamp/dual zeal/+5e (latter on sword & axe). This can vary with the skin.

Some rare skins can be valuable still with 15/50, but usually martials with 15/50 are definetly merch-food unless req 9.

- 15ench / 15 stance / 15 hex and such martials usually dont have value ( = value <10e) anymore. No matter which req (9-13) and skin (very few examples left) you dont want these. In the time trying to sell these items you could generate more value by simply doing other activities instead.

Edited 4 times, last by Hate Core (September 11, 2022 at 10:54 PM).