Reapplying Enchantments

• After recently starting to play Assassin again a question came to mind relating to one of the skills I've been using.
    Critical Agility is an enchantment spell which reapplies itself every time you land a critical hit. My question is this; If I enchant myself with a weapon that has 20% increased enchantment and then swap to my dagger set, does the reapplied enchantment have the increased duration that it would have from the 20% enchantment boost or does it reapply with its standard duration?

Always blame the Monk.

• Reapplied enchantments are based on the current weapon you are wielding.

If you cast the enchantment on an ench weapon, its reapplied effect will draw bonuses from your current weapon, not the one that was used for casting it in the first place.

After switching to a regular non-ench weapon, you will still have the skill effect icon from the time that you casted it first, so every reapplying will fill the skill effect icon to the time amount that's calculated from your current modifications put on it, on some occasions not to the fullest (ench mod isn't used anymore, you got weakened so -1 to attributes, or somebody used Atrophy/Wail of Doom on you and got your primary attribute to 0).

Let's say you have 13 in Critical Strikes, then CA will last for 17sec, so 20,4sec with ench mod. So when reapplied with ench weapon, the bar will go up to its fullest which is 20,4, but when reapplied on a non-ench weapon it will go up to 90ish% (the amount of time minus the ench bonus, so the vanilla 17sec).

It may sound all tangled up, so to simplify it:

here is a GIF of reapplying when using enchantment weapon all the time, or not using it at all:

https://gyazo.com/45358b6717c766de3a9ee129d2aa1075 (CA bar goes up to the fullest, when you land a crit)

And here is a GIF of reapplying when CA was first used with an ench mod weapon, and further reapplied with no-ench weapon:

https://gyazo.com/90d0bd6d41ac08855e81ff940551ccdc (CA bar goes up to 90%, so minus the enchantment bonus )

Hope you get it lol.

Edited once, last by negromancer15 (August 20, 2017 at 9:18 AM).