Campaign-based books do not get chapters

• I am looking for advice: When I do missions, no chapters are created in the books. I always have only 1 book of each type in the inventory. The last time I tried, I put the corresponding book first in the inventory before entering the mission. What am I doing wrong?

Consulting Wiki didn't help either

Alliance Battle does not determine who is right — only who is left.

• I'm not sure if you're trying to convey anything with the images, but just in case, you know there's a difference between the regular and hard mode versions of the books? Doing, for example, The Wilds in hard mode won't add an entry to the normal mode Flameseeker Prophecies.

Have you tried talking to the NPC's that will retroactively fill in pages?

Are you aware the early missions (eg the two shing jea island missions) don't appear in any book in normal mode and appear in the Young Heroes of Tyria in hard mode?

It would help if you told/showed us specifically what you've got and what you've been doing.

d78dd1d.jpg

• Basically, it looks prettier with pictures. But there are also many types of books in GW, so I wanted to exclude the other types with the pictures.

Yes, I tried to retroactively fill in pages. It didn't work.

Are you aware the early missions (eg the two shing jea island missions) don't appear in any book in normal mode and appear in the Young Heroes of Tyria in hard mode?

Yes, I know.

What am I doing? I try to reach the surviving title with the books.

I didn't get the book Night Falls NM anymore, because it only works up to Sunspear rank 8 and Lightbringer rank 5. This also counts for rank 8 by the Master Dungeon Guide NM, but I haven't reached the ranks there yet.

• When I asked what you've been doing I meant which missions specifically so we can most closely replicate your actions.

I added the books to my inventory in the way you've shown and completed nahpui quarter nm. The book updated as expected.

Are you running toolbox or any other sort of add ons? Not that I'm aware of those causing any such issues, or having the potential to do so.

d78dd1d.jpg

• Sorry, thanks for the clarification (English is not my mother tongue). I made different missions / books and realised, in some case I didn't get the chapter. If I remember correctly, it was The Flameseeker Prophecies and Young Heroes of Tyria.

I know for sure, Shiro's Return never troubled me.

There are no addons installed. Only one thing: I had to switch on an old Windows PC because I have some trouble to start the game in Ubuntu 21 after I updated it from 20.

Yesterday I tried Gates of Kryta HM the third time to have an example, and it wrote the chapter. So today I tried Augury Rock because it can be done quickly, and after the second run through I had the chapter. After, at Divinity Coast, I had the chapter after one attempt.

Either there is a delay for the entries, or it has something to do with the fact that I had already started the two books several times. I only finished 1 or 2 chapters, then I disposed of the books because I needed the space.

I never threw Shiro's Return NM / HM away, because the book is already more than half full.

I will do more missions to test whether the chapters will be entered.