Hello fellow Guild Wars enthusiasts!
I posted this in the Guild Wars Reddit exactly one month ago. However - assuming that not everyone who enjoys Guild Wars is also a Reddit user - some of you might not have seen it. So I thought it might help the community if i post it here as well (I edited this post slightly since the tool has evolved since the original Reddit post):
A friend and me started playing GW again roughly a year ago. Soon enough, I felt the urge to create builds outside of the game on my mobile phone... And was kind of surprised that I could not really find a satisfying solution to simply create builds on mobile on the go - so, every now and then, I was thinking "why not just create it on my own?". The main problem was that the skill database is huge, and there was no way to manually type 1300+ skills into a database. Fellow Redditor u/xBlankk, who had a similar idea a couple of years ago, then pointed me to a skill database online, and from there the idea kind of got stuck in my head...
So here we are today, and I can (somewhat proudly) present to you the first version of my online GW Build Creator: https://guildwars.magical.ch/
Now, please keep in mind that I put this thing together alone, it is essentially a one man show, and I am not a professional programmer, so you will encounter bugs which I and my buddy u/BULALA_ did not discover by now. However, I do think it is good enough for a "release".
What can you do with it?
- choose primary and secondary profession and browse the corresponding skills
- assign attribute points, runes and a head-piece (the rank-changes are reflected in the skill descriptions)
- edit your character level, also select if you finished one or both attribute quests
- put skills in the skill bar (well, that was the whole point huh )
- reorganize and/or remove the skills in the skill bar
- load builds from existing buildcodes
- generate buildcodes to load and use the build in the game
- search the skills by keywords
- filter skills by campaign and title track skills, it also has a pre-searing skills filter option
- display build statistics
- install the tool as a web app on your mobile device
What can't you do with it?
- You cannot save builds on the website (might add this later if demand is here)
- You cannot search for builds (as no builds are saved on the website)
- You cannot create illegal builds, such as mixing luxon and kurzick skills, insert more than one elite, or insert more than three pve-only skills (if you can, it's a bug -> please report it)
How to use it?
And, uuhm, yeah, that's about it! Hope it closes a gap for your GW desires as it does for me and my friend, and if not, well then, i still wish "good game" to you and everyone!
TL/DR: Want to create builds while on the go? Try this tool i fiddled together: https://guildwars.magical.ch/