• Hey folks,

I already posted this on what's left of Guru, but no replies. So hopefully here it will get some action.

Anyway, I've been away from the game since 2011-12 ish, and was wondering about the current state of the economy. Even as a former Price Check Guru, I find it a bit difficult to get a handle on. Prices for a lot of stuff seem to have gone in the toilet, which is understandable given the declining population. However, other things seem to be about the same - mainly armbraces and ecto, and high-end OS stuff.

So here's where the PC comes in. I'm making some assumptions based on the Buy and Sell threads I've looked through. Opinions would be great.

q9 15^50 OS melee weapons - even formerly in-demand Canthan skins like Katana, Jitte, Shinobi or Dragon Kamas - seem to have dropped a lot?

q9 +5en OS melee weapons have gone up in value? For instance, there's a post in the PC forum here on Legacy estimating a q9 +5en Shinobi @ 500e. Am I in the twilight zone? :p

q9 OS staves seem all over the place. 20/20 versions of core skins have always been common, so it's no surprise that the demand for those is low. But I've also seen the double dragon Jeweled Staff q9 20/20 going for 50e+. When I last played, those were around 12-15e or so. What the hell? And I'm assuming that Canthan staves have mostly stayed around the same price-wise?

The OS version of the Icy Dragon sword seems to have gone through the roof. They used to be less than 100k iirc, but are now much more. Is that correct?

What's the current state of inscribable weapons? Is there anything that sells (other than BDS) or is it all vendor/salvage trash?

Are there any birthday minis or tonics that are worth anything, or are they all less than 40k? What about stuff like EL Kuuna that were formerly in high demand?

And lastly, what's driving the demand for ecto and arms? Surely most people that wanted or needed Tormented weapons and Obsidian armor for the HoM got them ages ago.

Thanks for any opinions.

Edited once, last by jimbo32 (September 21, 2016 at 7:34 PM).

• The prices change almost day to day, depending on who's on and what time you're on. lol

It's all into supply and demand, some people sell high, some sell low.

q9 OS 15^50 right now is mostly a collector's item because most content of the game is cleared with caster build equipments, hence why q9 OS +5e are sellers.

If you have any OS q8 +5e's you're in luck they sell for a crap ton.

For OS staves, it really depends these days, the best sellers are Channeling and Earth either 20/10 or 20/20, just because of how common SoS builds are for all classes and Earth Magic for most solo builds.

Currently the market revolves around

Eternal Blade q9 - 1200/1400e
    Crystalline Sword q9 - 600/800e
    BDS - a q9 CHANNELING 1500/1700e
    Frog Scepter a q9 DOMINATION 1200/1400e
    Celestial Compass q9 DOMINATION 300/350e
    Silverwing / Dryad Bow 500e ea
    Eaglecrest Axe 500e - 700e
    DSR - 100-120e
    Obsidian Edge 100-150e
    Envoy Weapons 300-400e

There are noteable skins but they are not as expensive as the ones mentioned.

Regarding ectos/arms, it's basically the main currency these days, ectos are cheaper and there's a good supply in the market. Armbraces usually for higher end trades.

Exlusive minis like Panda, Zippy, Polar Bear, Yeti, Kanaxai, IG, MKG and very rare tonics all go for high armbrace prices.

What also drives the markets are consets and p-cons. People buy them left and right for speed clears or just general quality of life.

If you're in the market for OS items, it'll be tough to find sellers or them to be cheap especially the really good rare q9 ones. There are still players that have them and sell.

• Mods or huge traders should made a price check list like i saw on guru, especially for bds, froggy, eblade, factions skins, shields etc
    Even if estimations are not "off top the market", it can give a huge help for ppl :)

• So are q9 +5en Shinobi's actually *selling* for 500e+? I've seen a couple priced like that, but no buyers.

And man, it's such a shame that all the botting and RMT's have hosed the economy so much. Those insc skins you mention are around 7-10x more expensive than they were when I played last. Supply and demand has nothing to do with it.

• So are q9 +5en Shinobi's actually *selling* for 500e+? I've seen a couple priced like that, but no buyers.

And man, it's such a shame that all the botting and RMT's have hosed the economy so much. Those insc skins you mention are around 7-10x more expensive than they were when I played last. Supply and demand has nothing to do with it.

Those powertraders selling the shinobis at that price are usually idiots. They just try to take advantage of the dead market.

Prices have inflated for sure, given the price of ecto has gotten cheaper, there's also a smaller playerbase that farms certain skins hence why the prices have spiked.

For example, good luck finding a q9 e-blade these days. No one sells them, and if they do are usually scalpers who've tried to buy em for way less than what they are selling for.

Q9 Crysta on the other hand, is way too available because of HA being sync-farmed.

Some prices have stayed with-in range, it's only the high demand items that have spiked left and right. The game is old so there's nothing that we can do with how the economy is shaping up.