I need a crash course in Item value..

• I been playing GW on and off over the years ever since prophecies released. Me and a mate have decided to return and play through all campaigns for nostalgia value. I never was very good at pricing things so i need a very rough basic guide. I don’t really know the difference between something valuble and junk.

As far as I’m aware, most drops you get these days are pretty much just down to the value of the mods they have on them? Or do really valuble things still drop? I assume it’s just the pre-nerf stuff that holds any real value (I might be wrong). If so, how do you tell? I’ve got several weapons on my account from 10+ years ago. I’m assuming most are junk but I don’t want to throw any away because I’m just not sure.

I’ve got a lot of green weapons too, are they worth anything these days?

I’ve also got a bunch of jade wind orbs which, supposedly, are quite valuble but it’s finding someone who wants them as they don’t have any use haha.

I could do with just a few basic questions to ask myself to decide whether to merchant something or to hold on to it.

• Wands/offhands/shields/staffs especially from prophs or fact can Be worth loads And loads. Other weapons generally arent valuable. Q9 15^50 or +5e also Have some value for basic guide.

You should Post those old items u got to our Price check section !

• My piece of advice would be:

Dont merch/delet any items you have from old days.

Anything, even weird stuff like old mods have value these days.

Feel free to open à PC thread and ask for help, or catch someone in game and ask his help.

Don't sell anything in hurry.

Gl!

IG: jacke l eventreur

• Get to know who the trustworthy and reputable collectors and traders are by reading the Xunlai section on this website thoroughly.

Asking a non-qualified random what your stuff is worth can easily end up with you selling yourself short and the guy who “advised” you that an item is only 10e may potentially make hundreds of armbraces profit from misleading you. Ask in the price check section - don’t be afraid to put into all up in your thread. Anything of value will attract interest pretty quickly.

Take your time, don’t rush and get a feel for who to trust, and what is generally desirable.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

• Ok great thanks :)

So what about general new loot these days? Purples golds etc? Are they just worth the value of the mods on them or are some of them still worth a lot for rare skins etc?

• Okay.. so I can pretty safely March any blues / purples anyway? Unless they’ve decent mods on? But golds be a bit more careful with? Are there any basic rules like anything over a certain requirement is junk? I’m assuming anything that’s not max dmg and top mods are junk?

• Actualy not.

Purple doesn't change anything when the item is inscriptible (same for blue) , as long as the items has max stats.

It does change when the item is OS, some stats won't be max.

For example purple os weapon will never have 15^50, 14 is max.

But anyway, keep in mind my first message, and DONT merch anything , unless someone you have trust in told you to do so.

Old weapons have value, for the most part (collectors would be glad to buy them, if they need one )

IG: jacke l eventreur

• IG: jacke l eventreur

• Official Post

I am not a collector, but have been modding for the last 10 years---and I am still not sure of what is good and what is not (though I have an idea of some of the better skins to hold on to!).

So your best bet is to read a few of the price checks (which is why we have them) and see if you have similar items, for items that are even close---ask for a price check for yourself, and the checkers here can usually give you a good idea.

• Keep an eye out for seemingly typical merc items with unusual numbers, such as req. 11, +11/11, 111g value things like that. There are collectors for those kind of items. as for what they offer is entirely up to them but it's certainly more than the merc value.

• Okay so here's a bunch of things I picked up in factions yesterday. Mostly from chests. I put a PC post up and was told to merch them all. I mean I guess anything with less than a perfect mod is always gonna be pretty worthless but what makes these worth 200g and something else worth a few ectos? (I'm skint so if it's worth an ecto or two I'd rather sell it for that).

At the moment I can't see it being worth using lock picks as 200g doesn't cover the cost.

I don't really wanna have to PC everything so can I safely say to merch anything that's not got a perfect mod or over a certain requirement?

PC01.jpg