• Hey short question,

i read some posts about stolen accounts (people from top tier accounts like rebel rising and so on) because that happend to me today. Someone (i dont know exactly who) was able to get my storage Account just with the Charactername and my real name...

I know that everything is probably gone and im not gonna whine about it. It sux and next time i use a fake name... thanks to facebook groups the identity behind characters is not a secret - probably shouldnt have postet something when i was younger.

Anyway, my question is if anet punish these people in any way? I mean thats basically identity theft...

• Hello, sorry for your mishap. I can only advise you to try to recover your account with the assistance of Anet. But when it comes to real sanctions for the thief, nothing exists except filing a complaint yourself if you know the name of the person.

Apart from that it is better:

- Use a unique email address for your account.

- Never link this email address to other activities.

- This includes the password used for GW.

- Never link/publish your real name with your account name.

- And most importantly, activate the 2-step protection on your GW account

Years ago I had videos on youtube with a gmail and my real name for my channel, with tens of thousands of views for my videos of GW. I deleted it all ten years ago, in doubt..