Posts by kriss

Not a dream item but simply bring back the old gw1 community :(

Otherwise...
    Fox's Greed :
    Fox%27s_Greed.jpg
    Energy +12 (requires 9 Divine Favor )
    Halves casting time of Healing Prayers spells (Chance: 20%)
    Halves casting time of Protection Prayers spells (Chance: 20%)

Canthan Targe :
    Canthan_Targe.jpg
    Armor: 14 (Requires 10 Tactics)
    Health +30 (Requires 8 Strength)
    Energy +2 (Requires 8 Swordsmanship)
    Energy +2 (Requires 8 Axe Mastery)

Snake's Envy :
    Snake%27s_Envy.jpg
    Energy +10
    Dark damage 11-22 (req. 9 Curses)
    Halves skill recharge of Death Magic spells (Chance: 20%)
    Halves skill recharge of Blood Magic spells (Chance: 20%)
    Energy +5

check out the minipet guide at the top of this section....most birthday minis are pretty cheap now (less than 10plat) as for the tonics---they did not go over really well so most are worth only a few plat.

why would you advise him to check that topic, you don't even update it, I don't get it lol

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]Pets[/font]

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]Dagnar Stonepate 1-5e[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]White Rabbit 1-5e[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Black Beast of aaargghh 1-5e [/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Lich 1-2e[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Water Djinn 1-5e[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Flame Djinn 1-5e[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Zhu Hanuku 1-5e[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Jora 1-2e[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Candysmith Marley 1-3e[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Burning Titan 1e[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Elf 1e[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Nian 1-2e[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Oola 1-2e[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Koss 1e[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Flowstone Elemental 1-2e[/font]

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]but imo you can find almost every bday minis for 1e each (except asian ones) [/font]

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]Tonics[/font]

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]Keiran Thackeray 10e~[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Ogden Stonehealer 1e[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Livia 1-2e[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Hayda 1e[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Melonni 1e[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Morgahn 1e[/font]

I appreciate the love Hrwakka! It's a nice little axe, I had no use for it so I'm very glad it's gone to a good home!
    I can't compete with the rarity and sheer awesomeness that this thread has to offer however I think I've found my favourite item I own.

http://s378.photobucket.com/user/Ddraeg/media/Sephis.jpg.html[/img]

What makes the item a little more interesting for me is that I carried out a character name change however this item is still customised to the old character name!

His little sister here !

1t0EMoi.jpg

yes, Marty and I mentioned that, but you dont have to kill anything and you can get the worst rewards for them--and you and have an alt do the mission while your carto stays at the beginning...so you ONLY get the minimum reward for finnishing them (you can do almost all of factions without getting any rewards.)

yes but you can't get legendary cartho @lvl2 without using a third party program (= not legit) ;) that was my point

so no point posting stuff like that

you dont have to finish the missions....if they are not timed, you can have an alt do most of the mission and kill off everything, then your carto character just runs around, logs out before the mission is completed and you have carto'd that area.
    Minus the few missions that are required (mentioned earlier) you can pretty much do that for most of the maps.

That was not my point at all... you have to finish some missions to access other missions/storyline.

We have an expert ladies and gentlemen !

Do you really think my character would be named How Did U Do if the first kid using toolbox was able to do it ? :p

chill bob

that was not my intention to offense you, the hard part isn't the cartography, that's pretty easy, it's about skipping xp rewards from missions/quests. Despite this, I know you can skip xp quest rewards with toolbox, so there is probably a way to skip missions/xp mission rewards if it works the same way by sending the right code :) or are you going to say you did that the legit way ? :)

That could be 11 and a half years old, or dropped yesterday....if it's 11 and a half years old, it's pre-nerf. But there is absolutely no way to tell.

But it's merch food really. If it was max damage, you'd have one of the nicest axes in history. But it's not, so you haven't ;)

OS >D

anyway someone pmd me in game few hours ago to buy it for a fair price I think lol

ty for the pc

"In video gaming, a nerf is a change to a game that reduces the power of a weapon or skill in order to maintain game balance. The term is also used as a verb for the act of making such a change. The opposite of nerf is buff (in one of that term's two usages)"

The term 'nerf' applies. The req one needs to get the full power of something is a change in the weapon's power. If an item can only happen at req 9 now that was previously available at req 8 it's power has changed. You can no longer get full power at req 8.

Just my 2¢

Yes but no, making undroppable only a few skins wasn't intended as a nerf from ncsoft. They would have to made undroppable every shields q8 to call it a nerf but that's not the case :)

but meh, I guess we all have our own definition, logic or not

I also think that once an item cannot drop any more, the chance of it happening again has been 'nerfed'. The date the item was removed from the drop table was the day of the nerf, and anything existing before that date automatically became pre-nerf.

Update =/= nerf
    became pre/post update not pre/post nerf
    as an example : if they decide to reintroduce undroppable weapons, will you name them post-buff ? xD that's just a non-sense

As part of this community (guru community), as far as I remember, no one except you name undroppable weapons pre-nerf, maybe I'm wrong. You're right about oldschool but "nerf" is a common word in video games with a specific definition. Oldschool is more a generic word that usually includes any old stuff in video games so of course the definition of oldschool in guild wars evolves because guild wars getting old more and more, QED.

Quote from MaxBorken

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]This thread isn't a discussion on what is pre-nerf or not, it's a discussion on the value of stuff....[/font]

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]The community in general decided upon the definition of pre-nerf several years ago, and I created a thread on the old guru site, and again on Legacy.[/font]
    https://guildwarslegacy.com/thread-26.html

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]I even asked the question of why it's called pre-nerf, and when it happened, here:[/font]
    http://archive.guildwarslegacy.com/14%20Trader's%…appen_.001.html
    http://archive.guildwarslegacy.com/14%20Trader's%…appen_.002.html

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]The price check has been given, this thread will[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Be closed.[/font]

Let's discuss about that here then :)

just copy/pasting my last post on the other thread so you know the context (we were talking about undroppable shields and max said undroppable shields are pre-nerf) :
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]"No they aren't pre-nerf at all, pre-nerf are only for the mods and skills (because they got nerfed... QED). We used to use pre-nerf, at the beginning, only for the mods but over time, people use pre-nerf for weapons (and other stuff) that can't drop anymore but that's not the correct use to name these weapons. Making a shield undroppable has nothing related with a nerf. Simply name it an undroppable shield is more appropriate."[/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]- end of copy/paste -[/font]

The community didn't decide upon the definition of pre-nerf in this GWGuru thread, no one was talking about undroppable weapons as pre-nerf before you did, and you're the only one (yes some ppl talk about undroppable weapons, but not as pre-nerf items, or they do but it comes with PRE-NERF mods lol).
    Just check the definition of "nerf" please so you will understand why undroppable weapons aren't. Only mods can be pre-nerf (talking about items only here).

You just made your own definition, and a bad one.

Am I the only one thinking that way ? like the correct way huhhh ?

So surge os crystas, dwarvens serpents swamp clubs etc arent prenerf in ur book? Or q7 and q8 items overall like q7 15^50 hammer? ;) anyway nice shield, same mods sws was sold for around 2.5ke year orso ago sss imo should be the same

Ah just saw its sws, well ye doesnt change my pc anyway, lol

No they aren't pre-nerf at all, pre-nerf are only for the mods and skills (because they got nerfed... QED). We used to use pre-nerf, at the beginning, only for the mods but over time, people use pre-nerf for weapons (and other stuff) that can't drop anymore but that's not the correct use to name these weapons. Making a shield undroppable has nothing related with a nerf. Simply name it an undroppable shield is more appropriate.

hey

Just wanna talk quickly about Master X Master (mxm), the new MOBA by NCsoft. How is it related to guild wars ? the game is a mixture of every NCsoft game backgrounds. There are characters (called Masters) from Guild Wars 1/Guild Wars 2 - recently, there was an event with charrs where the goal was to kill the King Adelbern to unlock the Master Rytlock (character from GW2) in Ascalon catacombs !! - , from Lineage, Blade & Soul, Aion and WildStar. The game is free.

PvP : it's not a classic MOBA (like LoL or Dota), you move with WASD/ZQSD (or with the mouse, both work), you use 2 Masters in the same game (switch mechanic to cancel CC for example, it's like a QSS in LoL but you can swap every 15sec~). There are Titans (I'll let you make some researches xD). PvP is really enjoyable but some Masters need some nerf tho. Ranked not available yet but soon.

PvE : I usually don't like PvE in online video games but I have to admit, I love it in mxm. PvE is basically a hack'n'slash (Diablo-like).

If you are interested you can check some videos and read a more detailed description because I forgot a lot of stuff.

http://www.playmxm.com

The advertising campaign from NCsoft was pretty bad about this game (when I talk to someone about this game, they usually don't know it at all...) so here I am to let you know that this game exists !

Last words : this game is amazing !

Nah Ive 100% seen some. The 14 -5 is the purple one I believe that Gregor has, which is truely an amazing piece.

Only mods I dont think I have ever seen is 15 -1, although Im sure there have been some. And uncond ofc :P

The one gregor has was mine, it was a q12 11^-5energy not 14 :P I've sold it few years ago.

Anet currently doesn't have the tools to remove any more glitched, duped, or pre-nerf items. Those tools died when the game went 99% automated. And was confirmed by Izual. Anybody with equipment that wasn't intended will keep it.

Actually the tool to remove stuff still exist, but as you say, since the system became automated, they just don't use it anymore because no one is in charge. The support team is just a bunch of unqualified people, everybody knows how Anet (and any other video game company) hire support people. Any one can do that.

So yes, they can't remove stuff anymore for years because there is no real support staff (no more GM for example). But of course, they could do that in the paste lol.

Jack what u heard is true. And surge yes im sure. And as said nothing ever was removed from accounts anet doesnt have way or recources track down items, there are tons duped items and minis still excisting.. but ye im sure id have screen somewhere if id bother look but ye.

That's not true btw, someone I know managed to dupe ded panda and he got banned for that but when he got his account back (2 years ago or so), pandas were removed. During the dupe time, I think anet banned accounts and removed some of the duped items (probably not everything, that's why people think anet did not remove anything but they did) since it was easy to remove because of the ID of the item. Nowadays they still can remove stuff, thing is no one is in charge of doing that.

Hi,

I hope you can help me : I can't display the [font="sans-serif"]Marhan's Grotto Ascended Armor. I tried with my elementalist (Elite Stoneforged armor) and my ranger (Elite drakescale armor) but it doesn't give me the possibility to display it :[/font]
    [font="sans-serif"]ePOpCii.jpg[/font]

[font="sans-serif"]Any suggestion is welcome ![/font]

EDIT : nevermind I'm retarded, I figured it out alone lol