Posts by Aeronwen

lots and lots of Queen.

Good choice - Do you have a favourite?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Oooh I love Speaker for the Dead, it is easily the best of the Ender universe books.

I finished Munich, I have neber been disappointed by Robert Harries yet. I kinda felt my ignorance of the lead up to WW2 though. Now I am on Kasperov's Winter is coming. It is quite dense, gonna take me a long time I think.

black 'cos they are cuter

bonus video

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

salmon or tuna?

Hi Hal,

I agree that 2 never fulfilled it's promise and lacked that indefinable somethign that made the orginal GW so great.

I recently started through again with a new char, I dont get so much time for it thses days but its still teh best game I ever played (except maybe Portal).

jupiter

"Jovian is the adjectival form of Jupiter. The older adjectival form jovial, employed by astrologers in the Middle Ages, has come to mean "happy" or "merry", moods ascribed to Jupiter's astrological influence."

Backgammon or chess?

Prophecies fo' sure! Dem nostalgia feels. I walk through any area in that land and it throws me right back to the good old days. I can still see Droknars Forge swollen with people and mission outposts with LFGs everywhere. The other campaigns captivated me but nothing compared to that first login. First play through. First set of max armour. I guess my opinion has been bent by my love for the original game and the memories I made there.

This

Also pre and spending time opening teh gate with my perma pre LDOA (giving back)

Yeah, Althea's Ashes was the first quest I found really difficult. If I had to pick another it would be Cold One for some reason I found crushing the frost golems really satisfying ^^

As for missions Dunes has a place in my heart because I was stuck there for a while trying to get a group due to the shortage of monks. As I was hanging out in the outpost for a couple of weeks it was the first time I really started talking to the other people in game and making friends (some of whom are still friends today). That is also when I decided to make a second char, a monk, to help out other people at Dunes but somehow she became my perma pre and never got there.

The mission I really love though is Gates of Kryta because Oink!

Oh what a lovely thread, just read through it all :)

Perkunas, though GW is a very special place I am amazed you can be so specific about when you started.

I started because my eldest (who had her own pc from the age of 3) somehow became aware of it and wanted to play. We had played some games v each other on teh home LAN but never an online game before. So although she was far too young we allowed her to get the game and start playing but I had a character on her account just to keep an eye on her and make sure there were no inappropriate interactions with other people. I pretty soon became caught up in playing the game myself and had to get my own copy as I wanted to join a guild and add friends.

My daughter btw is not a gamer, she has no time or interest in games now so my bad parenting didnt seem to have a long lasting effect on her, though it did on me.

So I had my own game just after factions came out but I only had proph until several months after Nightfall when I bought teh other two.

I played through all of GW and achieved almost all my titles with my ranger. I really like being able to pull enemies and direct the fight with her.

What I like about GW though is the fact that you need certain roles in the team. I was never a great monk but the challenges of keeping the team healed were fun. I played with a friend who felt that as warrior his job was to run into the fight and mine as monk was to keep him alive whatever he did - it was amazing training.

Playing as warrior meant making tactical decisions which was also a steep learning curve for me.

I wasn't so experienced as necro and rit but they were fun too.

Hi all :)

I am Aeronwen. I didn't know about this forum until Cosy told me a couple of days ago when I was sad about GW2G closing down too. I moderated on GW1 and 2 mostly in Nolani, Ventari and Guild Recruitment.

I don't play so much any more but recently my daughter and I made new chars in GW and we are going through without heroes as far as we can. I was amazed to find how much I had forgotten about how to play ^^

I had an early LDOA and was a tad irritated when they made it easy, also an early Survivor on my War so again a little irritated when they made that easy too.

Also, hey Ddraeg, pretty sure you tried to teach me to PvP many years ago (I never learned)

Love this song still - and this is a cool take on it