Posts by Izzy

VOD Stream of GW Factions with Bobby (arenanet narrative lead) and Colin Johanson (Arenanet Director):

External Content www.twitch.tv
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also some other devs playing GW Nightfall:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers!

Hello!

Arenanet is making a GW Factions stream on 3rd November 2023. It will be to raise money for extra life, just so people are aware!

Twitch channel of the stream:

GW segment runs from 7 PM - 9 PM PST.

Happy Halloween btw! <3

Happy Halloween!

Song: The Tale Of The Mad King Thorn. The 2nd one is a cover from: SkarProductions.

PD: Spooky plays starts at: 0:38. Surprise at the end! (sorry for the blurry image, was lazy)

External Content youtu.be

Forget is pretty much spot on. I don't think most devs on the team now would even know GW1 existed if it weren't for the "2" on the current game. I remember someone was going to interview one of the devs years ago, but the dev backed out once they learned a lot of questions would be about GW1 because they knew nothing about the game. Bill and Stephen were the last two on the team who could do anything with GW1, I believe, and now they've been gone for a while as well.

That is not true tbh.

There are more devs than Bill and Stephen that worked in Gw1 in Arenanet. In fact the Arenanet Director (Collin Johanson), that came back to Arenanet last year. Was a developer for some features in Prophecies, and properly dev for Factions/Nightfall and Eotn.

Regarding that they dont know anything about Gw1. Like +80% of the maps are maps that are in gw1, and they study them good before doing it in gw2 cos they have the same architecture. Story, characters etc there are constant references, and even characters that somehow survived those 250 years. Even skills, one of the last fractals (dungeon) that they made has a special skill that is Light Of Deldrimor and it works like in Gw1 lol. The game phylosophy overall is the same too (cosmetics, prestige, no vertical progresion, no p2w)

So theres that. Its not like gw2 is my favourite game of all times, but it has become a very good game (was very bad in 2012 for me at least).

PD: They are not doing anything with GW1 cos the game is so outdated and would require like 30 devs to work 2 years on it to put it in a decent spot before doing anything. I think its more posible a remaster than anything else. And they have started working recently on an unnanounced project, so maybe..

I dont get it either. every mmo should have class/profession system so they can play of each other roles

Its' made for casuals and they forgot how gw really works with professions. I really hated the fact when they announced that they wouldnt have a dedicated monk and that made me realize gw2 is for casuals. Gw2 can rot for all I care, when they decided to do a 180.

Classes are not the same, they have unique skills, playstyle, weapons and effects. And in fact there are roles for raids -> healers, tanks, dps, kiters, mesmers with portals and more depending on the raid mechanic.

What they wanna do is provide the ability for more classes to cover different roles in instanced content. Im not gonna say gw2 is perfect, but its x10 time harder to understand and play it at a good level than gw1. So appart of doing story and some random stuff, i dont see the hardcore pve and pvp being casual at all.

A lot of people have a missconception about gw2 based on what the game had when it came out in 2012. But that was long gone, the game has change a lot, with horizontal progression, specializations, raids, more builds/traits and much more.

I don't think the game necessarily needs an update to bring up the population.

IMHO, Prophecies and/or PVP-only should become free to play for new users.

If a.net needs to revamp the monetization, why can't they offer "starter packs" or platinum purchases.

This game has unique mechanics that have yet to be recreated in new games.

I was one of those that defended GW or part of the game to become F2P, and its actually the worst thing that could happen to the game.

You make a game F2P when its in active development and u update the shop with stuff. GW is not in development and the shop doesnt get any microtransaction item, so ur basically gonna flood the game with more bots, and those buying accounts to bot or manipulate the game are gonna do it for free (so less income for Anet), also the ppl getting banned wouldnt buy more accounts. Its absolutly nonsense.

This game needs soooo many updates that you would need like 20 engineers to work for 1 year at least before starting puting content and promotion. Even in Gw2 its hard for them to update to dx11 and change systems, imagine in gw1 that is x10 more obsolote in all means.

Hey! long time no see GW1 community, heres a video with some old stuff i had, tell me if you guys like it! ;) It starts slowly, but get some rythm after.

External Content www.youtube.com

Hey!

External Content www.youtube.com

Hope you like it! ;)

External Content youtu.be

So yes, basically keep saying the community. I can bot to do records, but also flex with 20 bds, os items and so on. But hey, i didn`t farm any of that.

I can get r12 zaishen in some months doing nothing, but you can farm it in 3-4 years.

And please don`t ban my bots, i wanna keep looking "pro". I don`t even understand how you dont get bored, or feel the things you have are useless cos you didn`t farm any of them. Maybe in your case its cos you give the value to the "record", records that are being played by 20 persons in a game. Whos gonna even try to compete with your records? if they have to waste a money they don`t have because they don`t bot. Idk

You're making a point for me. If someone is botting to use the resources they botted how does that affect anyone?

First i have to say i kinda understand your point, but i can answer that question fast.

Bots affects you since you come back to the game. You log in and you see everything is overpriced, a bds that costed 100e back in the day, now cost 1.000 ectos. That with every single item. That means that if you don`t run bots or play for a looooot of time and certain things that give some money, your poor af, and your characters are gonna be poor as fuck too. (without even considering buying tons of conset and stuff)

Haven`t you see the ppl doing casual scs (not records) spaming consets like if they were chewing gums? rezoning cos some1 dies, cos some1 forgot quest. Quite some of those ppl have bots running, they dont care wasting 5 conset in a sc when they have 5 bots getting tons of them. If you compare that to a normal player, the difference its hugeeee, the rest of the population can`t play like that. So either you make consets and pcons cost shit with an npc so every1 can spam it like chewing gums, or you keep banning bots. Easy.

And btw do you think that a player that is botting to get resources to do scs and records, its not also gonna use quite a lot of that money to make their characters looks amazing and get rare OS shit? common

PD: How many in your speedclear team has made r12 zaishen, and how many has made it with 0 effort thx to botting? all? xD

To put another example: GvG has less monthly players than FA/AB, however paradoxically it has his own title, special drops from strongboxes and the chance of wining capes for your guild. While in AB/FA people are just left with "fun" and nothing else, idk, i dont see this as positive to the game call me weird.

PD: Sorry for double post xD

PD2: Hunting/competing for something can aslo become fun, aswell as brining more players to the mode or mantaining it alive.

Anet: nothing is gonna happen, we even got a costume away 6 years from the shop and no1 cared.

The thing is that you wouldnt need to be force to get those ranks if you dont like to play AB/FA. The same way i dont enjoy logging an alt and farming codex for 8 years, or afking in nine rings. So the key point its just making r12 count for max koabd and hall of monuments, and having the other as an extra. Have in mind there have been even people moving an AB map on fridays and having idk 24-48 people playing ab for fun, imagine if they updated the rank, or even make new brand FA/AB ranks, as a motivation. The other pvp ranks are already long term goals (if you want to get them).

In conclusion, give the people an objective to keep playing FA/AB apart from "fun" , so games keep happening with some kind of competition/fun. And stop losing players.

I like this debate a lot tbh xD

Lets compare, you have FA, AB, MQSC, Urgoz, Deep, Challenges still active to play and alive at certain days. You can max this titles very fast, and already 90% of the people have them. And on the other hand you have titles like Codex which takes +6 years to get, and theres literally 0 real games. Something is not working here. I dont see why all the titles should be updated with no reason behind it. GvG its imposible to farm the title, unless you have 15 acc and manipulates the game hard and even if you do so youll need x50 times of kurz/lux. RA could take you years and years, how many ra r12 have you seen? 1, 2? and how many of those didnt got ban by a miracle because they farmed pts at dead hours with alts. HA would be the only other title that could be suggested to update, and its not even comparable the amount of ppl that has r12 kurz/lux to r15 ha.

On the other hand you could see the positive effects of having more amount of games and more competitive/fun games. Aswell as not forcing ppl that dont wanna grind the title for Koabd or hall of monuments.

And i mean, i understand your point of you can do your personal records. But seriously whos gonna do that? for something you cannot show to anyone. You could have 10M points or 500M points that no1 is gonna see the difference. I "was thinking on working on my personal kurz record of 20M", im at 19M atm, but i never work on this, i just play casually if the games tends to not be fun, which happens sometimes, i just stop, because there isnt much difference in winning, losing. Barely no1 is working anymore on the titles but just playing a few games for fun and they will soon switch to another game because theres no long term goal.

I guess you could just have a r12 to be max as it is now, I just dont see it, if they would increase the ranks, they would have to increase all other ranks as well.

Theres a big difference between Kurz/Lux title and the rest of the pvp/account titles. It could take you 2 months to max this titles even if you start fresh, while the other titles could take you years of grinding and much more tedious that these ones (you can even max them by playing casually). And and i dont even care about what does count as max or not, okay people wanna have their r12 already as max, sure. But have something as a more long term goal to have an objective and more fun games.

If you tell me the game is still alive in 2035 and there is no new content, but people wanna keep playing and having goals... I wouldnt see whats the problem in updating the account titles that have become really easy to get or that most of the people have them. Even if they dont count as max, but just as an extra thing to do.

[...]

Easy, make r12 kurz/lux count as max title when you get it towards kind of a big deal and Hall Of Monuments. But make r15 posible as an extra for a lot of people that likes to keep playing AB/FA/JQ/MQSC/Deep/Urgoz... that they are quite a lot. There would be even more fun games since people will be more motivated towards it. I dont see how it could harm the game, but make it more fun. Making 10Millions was hard in 2007, making 10M nowadays... its really easy (and if you have been playing 10 years i doubt you dont have it), not even comparable to getting any of the other max pvp ranks.

Global Looking For Group, wasnt that necessary back then when there was 5 district in temple of ages, 2 districts in XXX etc... nowadays that there are not that amount of population, but people still wanting to play would fit much more. You cant just go into one city and wait 3 hours to play something.

GW Vanilla, eeemmm... World of Warcraft have had 15 years of active game development, so there is much more things and some differences between the game we have today and Classic WoW. GW Pretty much stoped development in 2007. The game is already vanilla and could be promoted as its already with some updates.

Shop collector edition codes. The game is 15 years old... do you prefer having people buying these stuff on Amazon, or giving that money to Arenanet via Shop? idk...

PD: And the new pvp mode i suggested is already done. (with unique maps and mechanics that you cant find in any other mode)