I like the way GW2 forgets where they came from .

• They say this is a bad update well a lot of those player weren't around when we had ours and that is a much easier game compared to this one .

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't get it. The arguments often boil down to "every class should be able to do everthing"? What's the point of having different classes then?

I dont get it either. every mmo should have class/profession system so they can play of each other roles

Its' made for casuals and they forgot how gw really works with professions. I really hated the fact when they announced that they wouldnt have a dedicated monk and that made me realize gw2 is for casuals. Gw2 can rot for all I care, when they decided to do a 180.

• I dont get it either. every mmo should have class/profession system so they can play of each other roles

Its' made for casuals and they forgot how gw really works with professions. I really hated the fact when they announced that they wouldnt have a dedicated monk and that made me realize gw2 is for casuals. Gw2 can rot for all I care, when they decided to do a 180.

Classes are not the same, they have unique skills, playstyle, weapons and effects. And in fact there are roles for raids -> healers, tanks, dps, kiters, mesmers with portals and more depending on the raid mechanic.

What they wanna do is provide the ability for more classes to cover different roles in instanced content. Im not gonna say gw2 is perfect, but its x10 time harder to understand and play it at a good level than gw1. So appart of doing story and some random stuff, i dont see the hardcore pve and pvp being casual at all.

A lot of people have a missconception about gw2 based on what the game had when it came out in 2012. But that was long gone, the game has change a lot, with horizontal progression, specializations, raids, more builds/traits and much more.

• Forget is pretty much spot on. I don't think most devs on the team now would even know GW1 existed if it weren't for the "2" on the current game. I remember someone was going to interview one of the devs years ago, but the dev backed out once they learned a lot of questions would be about GW1 because they knew nothing about the game. Bill and Stephen were the last two on the team who could do anything with GW1, I believe, and now they've been gone for a while as well.

• Forget is pretty much spot on. I don't think most devs on the team now would even know GW1 existed if it weren't for the "2" on the current game. I remember someone was going to interview one of the devs years ago, but the dev backed out once they learned a lot of questions would be about GW1 because they knew nothing about the game. Bill and Stephen were the last two on the team who could do anything with GW1, I believe, and now they've been gone for a while as well.

That is not true tbh.

There are more devs than Bill and Stephen that worked in Gw1 in Arenanet. In fact the Arenanet Director (Collin Johanson), that came back to Arenanet last year. Was a developer for some features in Prophecies, and properly dev for Factions/Nightfall and Eotn.

Regarding that they dont know anything about Gw1. Like +80% of the maps are maps that are in gw1, and they study them good before doing it in gw2 cos they have the same architecture. Story, characters etc there are constant references, and even characters that somehow survived those 250 years. Even skills, one of the last fractals (dungeon) that they made has a special skill that is Light Of Deldrimor and it works like in Gw1 lol. The game phylosophy overall is the same too (cosmetics, prestige, no vertical progresion, no p2w)

So theres that. Its not like gw2 is my favourite game of all times, but it has become a very good game (was very bad in 2012 for me at least).

PD: They are not doing anything with GW1 cos the game is so outdated and would require like 30 devs to work 2 years on it to put it in a decent spot before doing anything. I think its more posible a remaster than anything else. And they have started working recently on an unnanounced project, so maybe..