Posts by Ostona

Perhaps you shouldnt PC things you dont know about when in regards of plat wands. Pcing a 20/20 plat fire wand for 300e is just insane. as oofus said and I support him on the PCs. The 20/20 plat wand would go above 200a - 300a. There arent any plat fire wand 20/20 that exists and the plat wand for many is the upper echelon on skins.

the +5e^50 is probably 1 of the better inherent mod on any wands in combination with 20%. 10-15e pc on this wand is just insane.

That's your opinion, and mine above. I'm not gonna enter in your terrain regarding this matter because if I say what I think about the price of virtual items in games and what some people have done spending $15.000 for a skin in a game, this conversation will turn into a discussion that will end bad for both parts, and I don't want to be banned. All I will say is that I am very clear about my position between the real world and virtual world, and you telling me that this item costs $400 according to the price of the Armbraces in RMT websites, I'm sorry to tell you but it's something that is beyond my acceptance of common sense.

I will not start a new collection Mr. Clean(-Value), this month I had to buy 3 new character slots because I have my account full, I don't want more items if they are not for the wiki project xDDDD Anyway because you @ me, I give my opinion.

I always liked this skin (I have a 10/10 of Energy Storage) but I don't know many people using Wands with +5 Energy as Elementalists, the normal thing is 20/20 because as Eles we have a full pool of energy already, and with consets this increases to +100 easily, so the +5 in the end is a bit useless (in my personal opinion). My rating of prices with gold weapons goes more for the utility they can give me than for their rarity of drop, so in my case I say 10-15e for this one (with the exception of some staves that don't exist in other ways, like the Dragon Staff, Bo Staff, Outcast Staff, etc).

If this was a 20/20 of Fire, then I say 300e or so, but a +5 Energy / HSR (20%) I would not pay more than 15e (as I say, in my personal case).

There's some people buying Ancient weapons, keep at least the Scythe and the Axe (even being q10) if you have space, because maybe in a future someone can buy it.

If you will merch the Bronzehead Spear, I buy it for 1e to save it xD

edit: too late, argh > . <

But one question, to do this scam the person who is doing the scam needs to know something about the target. How the scammer knows who and who isn't your friend, or who do you or don't you talk to? Even if you are in a guild of 300 active members, how can the scammer know who your friends are? Because in my case I always speak via whisper, so the only way to know this... you know. I mean, needs to be a connection somehow.

Hey look, my rapture.

gg so far but tbf, you're missing Xan Hei's Resolve

Oh shit, true on both, I forgot to put the unlocked staff from WoC and you sold me The Rapture the other day (I knew that I would forget to mention someone when I put the collection of items, apologies).

Edit: Updated with Xan Hei's Resolve #990

Imagine internet going down during that last screenshot =O this would be a very different post in that case, really awesome collection!

It happened me once, but thanks to the 10 minute reconnection nothing bad happened xD

Finally completed the Elementalist HCT/HSR Dragon Staff collection (now I have to try to find a Fire HCT 20% —to replace the 19%—, and with luck try to replace the ones with q10/11/12 with q9).

I want to give a big thanks to Blind Was My Fury, Mr. Clean(-Value), Purely, Oni of Demonslaying for making this possible (and I don't know if I forgot to mention someone, I have bought so many things this last week that it is impossible for me to remember everyone).

• 10/10
    • 20/20
    • 10/20

It's great that there is a renewed interest in Ancient weapons

In fact I was motivated to do this thanks to your wurm run, but after no luck with the bow/daggers I wanted to try a different map. I saw in the discussion page of the weapon that it drops from two different chests, so I tossed the coin (in my favor, luckily). Days later I saw in Kamadan that there were more people trying to buy the bow, so I decided to make a thread with the run like yours.

If i were you, i would spam in kamadan / on legacy in hope to find some one selling. Also if i were you, i wouldn't be particular about a q9, that reduces your chances to find one.

I have my WTB thread with the Paper Fan there, but no luck yet. And regarding the Q, I don't care. Not even 9% instead 10%. The thing is that I want a focus Paper Fan with HCT and HSR, because there is no other way to get this item this way.

I will try luck with the Naga Spellblades~~

It most probably exist, but is it for sale right now ? I guess not

Are you also really about an OS one or you like it for the skin ?

Cause in kaeing center you can buy inscr purple paper fans with ALL REQS for imperial recommendation, and not many ppl know it i guess ?

Paper fan are rly a rare drop, having a good one is even rarer, having a 10/10 is even rarer, no doubt if a 10/10 is here it would go for money.

Nope, I have not seen anyone selling them.

I like the skin, I have the 3 Elementalists greens with this skin (The People's Will, The Windcatcher, Chung's Focus), the Ritualist green of Channeling (Quansong's Focus) and a complete 40/40 set of all the elements from Winds of Change in purple color (Fan of Purity). The only missing from my list is the pure Paper Fan focus itself as Energy Storage req. and gold rarity, because The Windcatcher is HSR 10% and +30HP instead 10/10. And the Fan of Purity is a wand, not a focus. So the only possible way to create a focus 10/10 with the Paper Fan skin is having the Paper Fan itself.

It most certainly can drop as I have had 3 decent paper fans in pong mei in the last year. I don't think one is out there for sale right now but wouldn't be surprised that it has dropped since q9 is far easier to get than q8.

Req 10 SR 10/10 fan here

sC2grh3.jpg

That's what I'm talking about. That Soul Reaping one is a miracle. Do you remember where it dropped? I'm planning to try a 1-week-run with lockpicks, but I don't know what chests contain this item.

I believe it "must" exist because I've seen it but with non-perfect stats, but I'm curious if anyone has ever seen a:

Paper Fan

Energy +12 (Requires 9 Energy Storage)

Halves skill recharge of spells (Chance 10%)

Halves casting time of spells (Chance 10%)

I mean, a perfect ES Paper Fan (or from other profession). I saw a q12 and 9% here in this forum, but nothing more.

This is my most desired item to find (more even than the damn Firebrand after +500 runs without luck until I got fed up and I bought it).

Grant West really interesting, I never noticed the HCT on the Envoy Staff (I have the scythe but I never paid attention to the staff).

I created the code for the one above: OAajQyiIiSLg0iykzkIbdDZgXM

(I guess this build is to be used with the stats of the Envoy Staff of your picture, isn't?) EDIT: I'm idiot, the Envoy Staff is for the UW running as you well say, I was thinking in the Rt/E build when I wrote the message and for some reason I have associated one thing with the other > . < (thanks Mr. Clean(-Value) for pointing it XD)

Do you remember the Ranger build? I would like to try it too.

Chest Run [ Nightfall ] Lair of the Forgotten > Poisoned Outcrops (Ancient Flatbow)

Based on my own experience, this chest run is ideal to get the Ancient Flatbow.

The chests also drop the other Ancient weapons randomly (and variations of the same bow), but in particular this flatbow. From 35 runs it dropped me 10 times or so, including the purple Ancient Daggers (uncommon) and purple Ancient Scythe (uncommon).

There are 12 possible spawns of the Locked Chest following the route. Sometimes many may appear, and sometimes only a couple, so the time of running may vary depending your luck based on how the server has loaded the content of the zone.

The Birthday Cupcake is recommended to go faster (but not absolutely necessary), you only need 1 each run to complete the route with the boost of speed always activated.

Any regular build for running is good, so put the one you prefer. I leave the one I use as Elementalist because it works for me, but you can use almost whatever you want.

CampaignNightfall
    Run locationPoisoned Outcrops
    Starting pointLair of the Forgotten
    ModeHard Mode
    Number of chests (type: Locked Chest)12 (total)
    Average time5-10 minutes (depending on how many of the 12 chests appear)
    "Full" or "Partial" map runFull
    Type of dropAncient Flatbow, Ancient Longbow, Ancient Shortbow, Ancient Hornbow, Ancient Recurve Bow, Ancient Daggers, Ancient Scythe
    RarityPurple + Gold
    OS (OldSchool) or InscribableInscribable
    Consumable (optional, not required)Birthday Cupcake
    Build (general use)OgdTkYG/H6u8rSboBaCimE3xlBA

Since the spells are not linked to a staff attribute, these are the staves I use.

Good advice. I have to update my Energy Storage staves with a 10/10 too, I created the post thinking of secondary attributes and I forgot the primary ones.

Regarding the Armor +5, in my 1 vs 1 tests I have never found appreciable differences in damage, the only use I find is for farming or running (vaettir, for example). In this case I think 30~45HP is better (I have some for free if you need).

The other day while I was farming Midshipman Morolah and Spafrod Iceblood to get the Morolah's Staff and Iceblood's Warstaff, I realized that since I started playing GW the unconscious assiduity (started in Nightfall with the inscriptions) was always using staves with +5 Energy (Inscriptions: "Hale and hearty" or "Have faith"), +30HP (Staff Head: Hale) and +45HP enchanted (Staff Wrapping: Devotion). Sometimes I changed my staff wrapping of "Devotion" for "Enchanting", so that the attunements would last me longer. Etcetera.

We all know that in the past people used to use staves instead wands/focus (because the staff was "more cool ~~" in hand), I remember The Scar Eater as one of the staves most played in its time (but this is from Monk profession, so does not apply to this case, is just an example).

With the rise and popularity of the 40/40 sets, people started to forget about staves, so except for running/farming (and excluding PvP because is another thing), the staff itself as weapon was a bit outcast.

Back to the topic about Morolah and Iceblood, is when I thought: "As Elementalist I've been using a 40/40 set since 2010 at least, without problems, so I don't really need a boost of HP or Enchanting, not even energy, I survive perfectly with the HP I have already, with the energy of my primary attribute at 12 points and with the current longevity of the attunements of the magic attribute itself, so why do I still have my staves with health and energy when what I need is to have more raw power like with the 40/40 set?

I say this because those green staves (Morolah and Iceblood) both have the same stats with an unique difference, one is +30HP and the other is "Enchantments last 20% longer", so I thought that the developers created those two staves with a clear intention regarding the 40% casting time, they are an attempt to work like a 40/40 set (but as a staff, obviously). Knowing that I don't need an Enchantments 20% longer if I'm not running/farming, and the extra HP is not a problem because we casters always attack from afar and the Heroes of our team can heal us quickly, what is the missing thing to finish perfecting a warstaff?

I did a quick search in my vault box and I realized that the Firebrand, Kunvie's Air Staff, Kaolin Water Staff and Arbor's Earth Staff all have a +1 for each attribute, the same staff wrapping of the Phoenix's Retribution (another staff created by the developers with a clear intention, to boost the power of the spirit rituals).

I was thinking about it a few minutes ago while I was buying mods in Kamadan to upgrade the pack of staves that I bought this week here to various members of this forum, and my conclusion is that the "best" warstaff (in my personal opinion) is to create a mix of the things explained above, that is basically one of these 3 options:

dyt3Ocq.png

Inscriptions:

• Don't think twice (Halves casting time of spells 10%)
    • Aptitude not attitude (Halves casting time of spells of item's attribute 20%)

Staff Head

• Swift (Halves casting time of spells 10%)
    • Adept (Halves casting time of spells of item's attribute 20%)

Staff Wrapping

• Mastery (item's attribute +1/20%)

Because the staff is a two-handed weapon, we can't have stats like the 40/40 set of wand + focus, each weapon has its pros and cons, so in my opinion I think this is the best raw power for our staves we can use as spellcasters in general PvE content.

I just saw a few hours ago a post by Cloud Strife from Nov 15th 2020 (source) and I was surprised seeing another person using it, so I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread explaining the benefits instead having to read a giant page from the wiki with merged information.

What do you think? Is there anyone else who uses this?

It seems I'm not the only one using what I call "war staves" with 20% recharge, 40% casting, +1 attribute. People normally put Energy +5 and Health +30 / +45 Ench, but in my case I like to use the weapon as it is, a weapon, to inflict (or help) as much damage as possible. The only difference with your set is that in my case I use a focus instead a shield (but also with the +1). In my case with my Ele I always go with 20 points in attribute (21 with the staff wrapping) to hit as hard as possible with Air Magic on single targets.

From your list, I want all this

5e/ea

Rago's Flame Staff x2

3e/ea

Galigord's Rod

Galigord's Stone Scroll

Rago's Flame Wand

Kaolin Accursed Staff

Grognar's Blade

The Ice Breaker (x2)

1e/ea

Alem's Remedy

Arachni's Longbow

Exalted Aegis (str)

Exalted Aegis (tac)

Reefclaw's Refuge (x2)

Thorgall's Shield

Kole's Torment

Swiftspell's Staff

OS weapons

r9 earth Shadow Staff b/o: 5e

r9 water Cockatrice Staff b/o: 5e

EDIT: trade completed, thank you very much!

For Spirit Spammer my personal (and in my opinion best choice) is to have a staff like the Phoenix Retribution.

It adds Channeling Magic +1 (20% chance) to boost the invocation of spirits with an extra level (increasing the health and damage they do). This staff is very cheap in the market, you can buy one for 2 ectos.

And as Unholy well said, the "casting time" mod in this case is useless, because spirits are not spells, so instead wasting 2 slots of mods with casting time, use a +5 Energy and +30HP (like the Phoenix Retribution). Also, the inherent recharge time of the Phoenix Retribution helps to recharge, for example, Boon of Creation, Painful Bond or Summon Spirits.