Posts by Keit

Today Guild Wars treated me to two things that never happened to me before. 😊

First, I got a bug in Bogroot Growths that was described in wiki. That was very strange. I wonder how often people see this bug. Well, I guess if you speed clear this dungeon like crazy, than often enough, but still. Just curious. 😎

Another thing that I never saw before was catching the last second of Dhuum's kill before he disappeared. I did a screenshot, and it caught the corpse.

yeah, I dont literally mean 99% of gw is exploiting and leeching,but majority of players do. Ofcourse its a fictional %,but so many people are still doing it.

I think things should be put in perspective. In my opinion the way things happen in GW may reflect (to a degree) how things happen in real life. There are various socio-economic layers, interests, needs or ideals. And your interaction with the society and your experiences will be determent by your "belonging" to a specific social group. Or you wanting to belong to a specific group. There is much more can be said about it, but you get the point.

And so to move along the analogy, if for example your goal is to make a collection of old classic cars or other high value products, like Hermes bags, you both will require the means for it, but you also will be interacting with certain people who also have the means or similar interests. That's all fine and is your choice, but it also means that since you will be interacting more than usual with a specific group of people, it will inadvertently influence and skew your perception if you will chose to apply your experiences with this particular group to the rest of the society at large.

Coming back to the game. So you have a specific layer of people who buy or sell high quality or rare items. They are like the 1% in real life. They have everything they want, and they can determine how much it will cost. In the game their percentage is much higher than 1%, but the same principle applies. They are in control and you can either play their game or not. It doesn't mean that you can't enjoy the game. Even with botters. A casual player who never trades or collects may never interact with such people, or need their "services" or items and what not. And so their experiences and perception of the GW society will be different.

One may say that the economy still sucks and now everything is so pricey that newbies may have a hard time affording basic weapons or runes for their heroes. Well, that's also not entirely true. If these newbies would communicate with their guildies or elsewhere, they would get information that it's enough to collect Nick items for couple of weeks and then sell them to get enough funds to cover all their basic needs. That's it. And then you can just go on, enoy the game and interact with other players who have similar interests. And there are many players like this. I don't know exactly how much, but enough to simply play and enjoy.

It means that the idea of "GW economy is deeply broken" or "most of the players are as******" depends on what you plan on doing and with what kind of people you will be interacting as a result. It may suck, but that's how it is, either in real or ingame life. It may be frustrating, but another thing to ask you is why would you want to collect specifically q8 or q7 items? Probably because it is rare and because having it provides you with a certain status. Well, that's exactly like collecting old classic cars. By interacting with this specific socio-economic layer you are in a way agreeing to the rules of the game. If you love collecting, there are many other ways to collect without communicating at all with the "greedy and exploiting". it just that it probably won't be that prestigious. fwiw.

I keep eyes open for a q7 duo mod Wand for ya ;)

Very much appreciated 😊🙏

I think odd gold values can only occur on white/blue items since on purple they are multiples of 2 and on gold multiples of 4. the only exception is as in your picture if combined with "Show me the money!"

Interesting! It does make me wonder why these specific rules. Did anyone ever did a research on gold value, and if they did, where it can be found?

yeah was tginking about which one would be the best possible (best by means of many primes) it would have to be an insc staff which could have 14 primes. alternatively you could take one any rarity with an isv insc for a prime value still to get a total of 13 primes on an item - meaning a prime number of primes. in gold rarity that'd be extra prime.

The thing is that I never saw a staff that has a lot of odd numbers, not to mention all of them, but the research is still ongoing! It would be cool to see something like this indeed!

maybe there are some cool collector weps or quest rewards...?

Oh, what a good idea! Haven't thought of that one. 😁👍

I took a quick glance and found these ones. Maybe there are more.

I guess there are going to be new additions to the collection even before the beginning of the new year. Thank you for the idea 🌺

Awesome collection! Love it!

Thank you! Hopefully next year there will be much more interesting combinations. 😊

This collection is an example of the saying that collector items sometimes may have value only to the collector 😁

They are all merch food, and they are imperfect, but all the numbers on these items are primes.

I started on this collection a year ago. I wanted to collect something fun, but since I am only a casual and occasional player that doesn't have a ton of funds, just a decent amount that is enough for my needs, it had to be something affordable and realistic.

This is how the idea of looking for items with only prime values was born. I decided to see if it's possible and how often I will find such items. So it was also a research of sorts. I didn't go looking for the items. I didn't farm for them on purpose. Otherwise I probably would find much more.

I found all the items "naturally", either during a regular gameplay or by farming for Nick items. It is farming, but with a different purpose.😋 It also added a fun component of anticipation in the low areas, where usually nothing of the value would drop.

Anyways, I did notice several curious things. First, the collection doesn't have scythe or staff items. In scythe or staff I couldn't find combination of all odd numbers, not to mention all primes. Not sure about scythe, but it is probably impossible in a staff. I wonder why, though. Maybe I am wrong.

Another interesting thing is, and this is something that you probably noticed, that in most cases the gold value is even. Odd gold values are less common. But not all odd numbers are obviously primes. Here's the list of primes if you are curious. I cut the numbers starting from 700, because they are no items like this in the game. Or I am not going to find items like this, to be exact 😁

And here's the collection. This is the result of a one year casual play. Next year I plan on taking my NF character around Prophecies NM, so will see what kind of items will be found in the process.

The daggers are in the middle, because it was the only gold item that was found. But my favorite is the Smiting Rod. The Holy Grail would be a matching double mod wand, all primes 🦄😁🙏

Hi Keit, I'll do my best to accommodate on Sunday 12 GMT (19 your time). You can add my runner character to your friends list; ign Gale Valen. I'll add your char tomorrow when I log in as well. If all goes according to plan, you'll have all outposts in eotn unlocked in no time 🙂👌

Thank you very much for the offer! I apologize for not updating the thread, since some time has passed and I already got the service. I was contacted in game.

But I will indeed save yor IGN, because I may need running services in the future. Thank you!

And please close the thread.

Hi!

I would like to buy an EOTN tour.

Since the hours are specific, willing to pay more. 3 arms or 300e for the tour. I am on a GMT+7 zone. Would like a tour for IGN Pale Valsharess either on 6 am GMT (13 GMT+7) on Sunday or 12 GMT (19 GMT+7) on Sunday. Will be present, not afk. But if needed, will have vamp weapon.

Thank you!

I am reviving the thread because just stumbled upon a place with something unique. It's not a particularly unknown place, so 10e for the first one who will say where it is, just for the fun of it. 😊

Another angle

I can only share couple of experiments I did and shared on this thread. Maybe you should read other replies there as well, since people shared their own observations about favor.

Anyways, according to the two experiments, at least outwardly there are signs when you are already in the instance that the favor is being activated and that it ends. The statues change form, and you can also get a weapon that you can get only when there is favor. And as you can see in the video, I was in the instance for 2 hours already before the favor was activated.

It doesn't necessarily mean that the appearance of the statues is tied to the drop rate, but it is a pretty solid indication that the game does know how to change things while already in the instance, like dropping Silver Edge that drops only during favor.

If you have an account where you didn't get Silver Edge yet, maybe you can do another experience and wait at the same spot until the favor ends and then try to invoke the Silver Vaettir. But chances are that it won't appear.

gonna love you strikes again

I write in this particular thread, because this player was mentioned here before. I was looking at Kamadan chat when noticed that "Gonna love you" is back again. Maybe he didn't go anywhere, it just that I haven't seen this IGN recently. And then I noticed what he was looking for:

Ok, whatever, I don't have the stuff, but since he was rude to me before, I decided long ago that I am not going to trade with him. anyway. But the stuff he was searching for suddenly made me realize something.

There is a player named Osiris Incarna that awhile ago bought stacks of wood planks from me. Since then he periodically writes to me if I have any wood, I sell it to him and that's it. The conversation is usually cordial, and the usage of "mate" indicates that he is an aussie. Well, maybe. He is also usually online at the similar time zone.

Anyways, for the past period I've been rather busy, so wasn't online that much, or was afk a lot. Couple of times I noticed that he wrote to me, but I was afk. And since I noticed it hours after, I didn't reply. Besides, I didn't have that much wood salvaged anyway. And so yesterday I got online on my alt, and he started posting me with various "omg" and other exclamations, saying that I've been ignoring him for so long and don't want to talk to him. Well, that was a tad confusing to put it mildly. He was behaving in a rather immature way.

I had only 2-3 stacks that he bought, and then he also asked me for Dark remains and Glacial stones. I had only 19 stones, didn't know how much that would cost, named a price based on the Kamadan search, he didn't agree to it and then said that no matter, said that he really has to go and asked me to contact him if I have an wood stacks, even if one or several. That was it.

This was a very unusual exchange. I mean in comparison to the ones we had before. But ok, I thought, no matter, so he is some immature, impatient youngling. Being young isn't a crime after all. 😁 But then today I saw Gonna Love You searched for similar items and decided to search for Osiris on the Kamadan chat. Look what I found.

And then I also saw that at the similar time instead of Gonna Love You, Osiris Incarna started searching for the same items.

I am not saying they are the same person. The spelling of the items he was looking for IS different. but it IS an interesting coincidence. But I have to admit that Gonna Love You was even more immature and impatient. Unless he didn't want to lose a cheap seller. Maybe he adapts himself to whoever he talks to.

Sorry if it was long, and maybe you already know it's the same person. I couldn't find any mention of this IGN on the forum. Just FYI. It is also a curious insight into a human psyche and its possible deviations, if it is indeed the same person. Unless I am wrong. 😅

I decided to try the SWS build for hammer, and wanted to use Desolation maul. I also wanted to get a more exotic armor that would fit the Desolation feel. To be honest, Ancient armor wasn't even on my radar before, because I don't really like Egyptian motifs. But mixing it with Gladiator leggings proved to be intertesting enough! They even have similar design elements, go figure. 😁

Have been doing vanquish and no interesting drops, but was treated to this disturbing piece of lore. Who knew Guild Wars can be that brutal. 😅

You can easily guess where I was doing the vanquish, but just in case here's another hint. Btw, never saw this statue before. That's probably the greatest thing about vanquashes. It takes us places. 😁