Posts by Neutral_CH

Let's say Stephen is kind, but sometimes he makes it worse with maj. I get the impression that he doesn't talk to the community and experienced players before making a decision. After all, we were on this game long before he was, weren't we? As soon as you criticize it, you're put in the negative on reddit. Players applaud, but they don't know what they're talking about..

As for JQ, i did a run yesterday (daily quest + double week) and my RoJ killed as many bots as usual (i block them, because they're stupid and move in a straight line). I didn't see any difference (?)

Joke inside: In the end, PvP was better when there were no players or bots at all, or how to max out the codex by playing against yourself because there was nobody in front of you lol.

Hi,

PvE can be played socially with humans, not PvP, it is dead and buried. The number of PvE players is very low, except for a few enthusiasts (who will be present until the server closes) but they still exist some new arrivals.

The important thing for you is to find a guild that suits you at the level of the social aspect. You can do this here, via reddit or in-game directly, especially in capital cities.

But make no mistake about the game he "survival" nothing more.

BTW, 2FA was kind of "rolled back" yesterday, was able to log in an acc with 2FA randomly add that lost 2FA, logged out and tried to logged in again, 2FA was up again

Yes, i've heard that the little Chinese guys are working hard to recover old accounts and have gorged themselves on pre-nerf on inactive accounts (who said database theft at Anet, not assumed by them? :whistling:).

After that, if you're active on GW, you should have changed your inactive emails for active ones, with a request to support. And changing your password from time to time doesn't hurt either.

In case of more topics on reddit, example ->

Reddit: 2FA Randomly actived

Anet should know by now that many players have fallen victim to this situation. However, i'd be surprised to know what this has to do with an error 3023 (#7,403). Now i'm going to get lynched, but you should be more careful about keeping your information up to date, if only for security reasons.

Edit: Then this sentence should scare you if you use gmail: "Yes, that works. My email from the supplier(gmx) expired and I could simply recreate it. Requested the auth code and it worked". I'll leave you to think about it.. if true?

Edit2: Stephen reaction here: Reddit: Were YOU there?

After a little practice, i was able to glitch the closed door to Bone Palace (west) without needing a hero. I simply took the 2 Djinns next to the door. It's simpler... in a way.

Edit: Ruins of Morah

I had a vague memory of unlocking Ruins of Morah, with an ineligible character. In past i killed the Horde of Darkness (with degeneration) in order to gain access to the Solitary Colossus, which I also killed with degeneration. But after then I remembered that there's a much simpler way: use a Shadow Step skill through the "root gates" (pull enemy with bow) that surround the area around The Mouth of Torment outpost. And use north enter for Ruins of Morah.

Many players are not 99%. 99% would come from a calculation. In short, you have no idea. Many players don't go to Legacy or any other dedicated forum, they're not visible.

If you're one of those you're criticizing, then your comments are ridiculous. Instead of trying to outbid us, you'd do better to give up this path and admit you're wrong.

And if in a game, without bots, you couldn't keep up with the economy. Wouldn't it make more sense to stop playing? Why bother with a corpse? It's a question of hindsight. If you're addicted to video games, that's another story.

On 2019, after two months, sometime farm Halcyon Job, every week. I equiped all heros of 2 caracters PvE with +50hp runes, just with this. Maybe, long time, Anet nerf drop for this place and more luxon armors (blue, purple, gold) drop.

(I like kill: Senkai, Lord of the 1,000 Daggers Guild)

Hi Neutral, do you know if this happened to the chest protected by luxon enemies in the spot? "the nerf"

I think this was only applied to enemies and not to chests. Luxon chests largely drop items instead of purple or gold armor.

Then i don't know in terms of "nerf". But even without direct proof, it's clear that some places drop far fewer items than others. There was a before and an after. Maybe a total of killed by all players is calculate (the more an instantiated zone calculates high number of deaths in a given timeframe, the lower the drop for that type of enemy in that zone?). Which would explain why the classic spots (farmed by bots too) would drop less over time. Such an element could have been put in place to avoid obvious logical errors in the game. For example: everyone will go to the same place to farm, because it would be enough to take into account only the calculation: number of enemies killed divided by the time factor. With an algorithm that would limit the drop if too many were killed, this calculation could not be obvious in time, and one spot would not necessarily be better than all the others. This could be applied in terms of luck in relation to the players in the game, the account and/or the characters.

But all this is speculation..

Display Spoiler

aa67029e4a1d8ad0584d60d133b21209.jpg

Yes, but no.

To represent the invasion of robots in GW, you don't have to portray robots as beings superior in size and strength to small humans. In fact, the opposite is true. You'd have to illustrate humans trying to crush little shits like ants. Because robots compared to humans are little shits in both form and content. And no matter how much we trample them, they come back to invade us en masse. The scale of the illustration would then be more accurate.

Is Guild Wars going to die soon? Legacy is like dead comparing to last year.

Hopefully yes, most left on this forum are clapping for botted items because they, themselves, bot.

Guild Wars died a long time ago. Since the exodus to Guild Wars 2 (~2012), robots have taken over the game and its economy. And no, there'll never be any going back.

Now there are still a few non-robot players who don't buy items for IRL money, and a lot of hypocrites. And yes, for a little over a year now it has deteriorated considerably, the prices is just no sense.

Prices fluctuate so wildly from one day to the next, it's easy to see that it's all a big joke. Between those who try to accommodate people with lower prices. Who then have to be the same ones selling at way too high a price.

Probably people who don't know how to use their instruments IRL. That's got to turn them on a bit.

In the end, between hacks and virtual inflation (kamadan trade chat), it seems that they're only interested in converting to real money. Pathetic, considering all the other money-making possibilities IRL. They're a bunch of small-time gamblers. They're playing with marbles.

Zhed is one of the 5 special 7th birthday minis. Apart from these, nothing beats a few ectos (1-5e max) among the birthday minis.

The time to sell it in game isn't enough (time/money ratio), and even less here, because you have to give a date or meet IG, etc. In short, it's a waste of time, you might as well give it away.

Moreover, even in terms of response, it's a waste of time, which is why people no longer respond to these PCs on these types of objects (mini-anniversaries, drop Z chest, etc.). ^^

Hi,

Without wishing to discourage you from your quest, it's very very difficult (impossible?) to find 20/20s corresponding to the attribute, for skins such as Wayward Wand and Platinium Wand, for example. To find a 20/20 screen in this case, whatever the requirement, is already in a sense a feat.

I wish you the best of luck :cookie:

A lot of fun.

I understood what you meant, the wiki on The Deep page, sums it up more simply and technically:

With two players, one flags their first three heroes to gate one (far right) and flag the rest of the heroes back at the wooden gate. Once all two/three players are inside Room Two, unflagging the heroes will cause them all to rejoin the players after a short delay.

To test it, just go to the beginning of The Deep, Flag the heroes on the active teleport, then cancel the flag and it works. Just for fun, yes you do it 4 times and get stuck at the beginning of The Deep, no more active teleport, kind of a bad joke :D

Now technically? I do have a theory that covers what i said in point 2 of my previous message ->

It's interesting to note that they reappear at the original location intended as the starting point (coord. X/Y) for each "zone" separated by teleportation. Before the 4 teleports, in the starting "zone" where you appear after downloading The Deep instance. After the 4 teleports, they arrive at the teleport circle. Heroes were not planned when The Deep was coded. As pointed out in point 2 of my previous commentary, heroes are sometimes capable of overriding the normal physical rules of the game. Here we have an example that is both extreme and explicit. So, the heroes are trying to reach you, they're looking for the shortest route, the rest is of secondary interest to them. I'm talking in terms of the code resolution that governs GW. And here, the game's code not having provided for it; hero functions in The Deep, particularly on teleporters that don't work as they do elsewhere. That is, when you engage them, they don't automatically teleport your heroes with you. The game, the code, gives them access of functionality, to use the teleportation function to join you. Right on the nearest matching point to you in this zone, the vertical teleporter.

That's great, but it only works because The Deep has unique teleports in the game. At least i think so, i can't think of any other example where you, as a player, can use a teleport, which won't also teleport your heroes automatically with you or whether they're on the map. And even in the case of other similar elements, without teleporters in The Deep, it's more the code that governs it in its entirety that's lacking and enables this feat, not just the teleporters (to ponder...)

Edit: On reflection, it's the same principle as when you remove the Flag and the heroes are far, far away, coming back to you at compass level in a matter of seconds. Except that The Deep seems to calculate these distances differently, between you and him. As a result, even close heroes are teleported.

Hum, i don't know if this is in line with your question, it's basic:

• Heroes who pass through a teleportation portal will return to you automatically, whatever your position on the map. (Simple test: exit a city, flag heroes "in the city" through the portal, heroes will teleport back to you once the portal is passed. Note: they then forget to reposition themselves on the previously placed flag). Exceptions exist, such teleports in the Tyrian desert.

• When a door is closed and the heroes are out of the compass, names grayed out (if this is the case in your example (?), the game no longer calculates them in the same way in terms of their movements and use of builds (reduction of physical calculations / distance). If you release the flag, move it or place it after an obstacle (door), they can find their own way through these obstacles. In this situation, they can also pass through places that players can only pass through with great difficulty, if at all.

Zehtuka's items

Originally, there was the spoiler text below, concerning the Zehtuka's Pack drop rate:

Zehtuka Pack - Theory(s)

Well, this run isn't static. Despite the idea i had, it seems to depend on the character AND the account.

Don't get me wrong, every time i had a PvE character on one of my 2 main accounts who hadn't had a Zehtuka item (and who had never even been in that zone, but not very important), i'd make a few trips to that zone (Poisoned Outcrops) alone (no one in the group) and after the bridge, he'd always be there, without exception, and that's been the case for years. I now count 13 dropped in this area. Including the tests of the last few days.

It had become a ritual, a habit, i didn't even question whether it would work or not. And interestingly (or not...) it was always between ~40-50 runs, not on the 100th, not on the 2nd, not on the 17th, etc, always in this range. Skeptics will say it was just luck, but over more than 10 packs, nevertheless interesting to note, no? And luck can also be provoked, if that's possible.

When i posted in the topic: How did Guild Wars treat you today? I wanted to do some more tests to be sure that the farm was static and could therefore be repeated with a character as i described above and still between ~40-50 tries. In the last 2 days, i've created 6 characters, which i've run there, with 3 different accounts. But after 2 characters on the second main account, it no longer fell that way. It still fell, but after about 100 runs. I took a blank account (never used) and run a character there. I didn't get it until the 85th run, not between ~40-50. On closer inspection, the more runs you make on the same account, the greater the number of runs, with the added factor of luck, of course.

My theory is that it works with a time factor on top of everything else. When i used to do it, it was every 6 months / 1 year, no more. Here, i've pushed my luck with several characters over just 2 days. In my opinion, a test with blank account tends to suggest that the "state of the account" is also responsible for luck. It reminds me of the treasures in Nightfall. It takes a while to get something back into those chests (reset). And once you do, even if it's still luck, you'll (probably/surely) have a better drop with a newly created character who's never opened it. Not to mention that the gold in it increases over time, reaching a ceiling at some point. Once again, even if it's all down to luck, you can always put it on your side.

So now I'll have to wait and retest, if i get them again, still in the ~40-50 runs range, if I let 2-3 months go by. Let me remind you, they never fell the 1st time, nor the 5th, nor the 10th, nor before ~40-50, in the years i've been doing it, i've had 9 this way with characters who'd never had it. Those who got it, never got it a second time, even after hundreds of tries, although that doesn't mean it's impossible.

That's all there is to it. Sorry if i put myself forward too much, i was wrong. But i think that digging into these options and tests will prove interesting over time. After 6 test characters and seeing the number of cross on the sheets next to me, hundreds of runs in this area... i'm taking a break :D i can't see this area in paint anymore!

Note: Please count the number of runs in the case of tests on your side.

Now several points, in relation to what has been said in spoiler:

• I managed to get Zehtuka's Pack with a character who had already had it once. I was in HM with heroes. Maybe the HM and the favor, participate in the drop rate of Zehtuka's items in this area. I had a higher drop rate when considering the 3 Zehtuka items in this area. Zehtuka's Jug seems to be more often present in HM. The Zehtuka Jug has a higher drop rate than the other 2 items
    • Even so, this path is the most interesting for Zehtuka items. It's easy to access, allows you to get all 3 Zehtuka items (I'm not counting Zehtuka's Great Horn, which is static and can be easily obtained in mass).
    • There are plenty of chests in the way if you want to link this search to Chestrun (0-4 in the way).
    • I've never had more than one object at a time in the instantiated zone.