Posts by Neutral_CH

Ok, according to the linked topic it would look like this:

It's a shame not to find a reference on the wiki (unless it exists and i couldn't find it).

Ty!

Hi,

As part of a search for a shield +10 armor vs Dragon, i was looking for a list of skins possible with this bonus. I don't know where to find such a list on the wiki or if there are rules according to the kind of creatures concerned by this bonus or another.

Thank you for your help

To complete my previous message:

In the case of the Halloween quest, even if they were chests, the principle remains the same, you have 2 cases:

- (Halloween) Weapons originally from a campaign with inscr. weapons (EOTN for this quest) can be obtained in a campaign with not inscr. weapons. This causes the same bug as for PvP weapons with triple bonuses. The inscription adds up as 3rd bonus that cannot be changed or editable (fixe).

- (Dryder/Titan NF) Weapons from a campaign with not inscr. weapons can be obtained in a campaign with inscr. weapons. This does not result in a 3rd bonus, but simply a inscr. version of the weapon.

In most cases, there is no bug. NF Demons in the Olias quest don't drop NF weapons, NF Shadow Army doesn't drop Prophéties weapons. But you'd have to test all the instanced quests that might be affected, as well as all the monsters outside instanced quests (zones) to be sure...

An important thing for the plausible deduction of drops "in this genre".

Let's take an example, why do NF Dryder drop skins that you can also have on these monsters and available only in the Underworld? (Ghostly, Eternal) And also why do Titan drop Magmas also in NF? But above all, why, in most cases, do monsters that are "recycled" in this way for a quest or another campaign not drop the skins that were originally dropped?

When creating the instance concerned (development), monsters are linked to certain skins. Those that are specific to them and those that are linked to the region and campaign concerned. In some cases, however, this has not been coded correctly, or, to put it another way, has not been updated properly.

For example, the Hallowen quest in 2010: Commandeering a Mortal Vessel, saw bugs on weapons. Idem for NF's Dryder and Titan saw Prophecies' original weapons made available to NF in inscr. version.

If you're looking for other skins with this potential bug, you shouldn't be looking for monsters directly linked to this skins (e.g. demons), but for those that "bug". Just find the skin, even in blue, to confirm it (not only gold in this case, as far as inscr. versions are concerned as opposed to their no inscr. versions), it's not that difficult. Insisting on 10,000 monsters and averaging them out is pointless.

Do the shouts work on spirits ? And on minions ? I guess not it would be too op.

Shouts dont work on spirits. I think they do work on minions though.

image.png

Minions are just as much allies as the others, i.e. anyone who is "green" and "active", who can take damage from enemies, apart from spirits (who are considered dead or from another dimension?). But, some Shout or Chant targets party members only (e.g. "Never Surrender" or Anthem of Flame), as described above.

Minis are also considered allies. But this only concerns the mini from launcher of Shout or Chant for the Skills bonus.

I'd like to add a theory: the minis' movements and limits are coded and/or modelled on those of the players. This is also what causes the minis bug, having: an LvL, the number of characters in the group, via an icon above them or can die (see the wiki here). Because they're considered by the game to be allies and minis at the same time.

Let's get back on topic :P

I'm just not positive on it being near kournan elementals, wiki just says desolation and later in nf.

It seems to me that before the release of EOTN, the rumor that NF Kournan elementals could drop them was based solely on the relationship: sword name = elemental, so elementals drop them.

Not only is getting it on NF very very very very very rare, but trying to farm it for req 8 is just madness and a big waste of time. Even if luck can strike anyone at any time.

In short, they're heroes mercenaries. They're identical to heroes once they've been registered with the pnj. One exception is:

- Mercenaries are linked to their numbers. If they are named in the chat, they will be called: mercenary hero 1, 2, 3, etc., not by their names. In short, weapons and runes are linked by their numbers. Let's say you want to redesign the skins and armor, but not the profession, there's no need to de-equip him. You can simply delete the mercenary from the register with the pnj and register the new one on the same slot/number. Weapons and armor remain, as do the profession runes, if the new mercenary has the same profession as the old one.

..or they act like PvP heroes (individual and not for the account like real pvp heroes)

Having mercenaries, created with PvP characters, i specify that:

- Even if you create a mercenary named Xx Yy Zz and then delete it and create a PvE character with the same name or pay to change the name, in any case, it's impossible to select a mercenary with the same name as the character you're playing (the name will be grayed out). Which suggests that only the name is retained and important and that you could rename 7x your rtl ??) ->

- Mercenaries are linked to their numbers. If they are named in the chat, they will be called: mercenary hero 1, 2, 3, etc., not by their names. In short, weapons and runes are linked by their numbers. Let's say you want to redesign the skins and armor, but not the profession, there's no need to de-equip him. You can simply delete the mercenary from the register with the pnj and register the new one on the same slot/number. Weapons and armor remain, as do the profession runes, if the new mercenary has the same profession as the old one.

- Anything that appears in the inventory window [i] and changes your character's appearance will remain on the mercenary, including festive hats, costumes, armor and even naked.

In my case it was "An unrecognized user has attempted to login to your account" or something similar.

The only thing i could figure it could be was someone at support undid the 3032, then logged into my accnt to check it, and that triggered the secondary 045 error.

For my part, i received the mail saying that the account was reactivated after the code 3023 and that in the future i should not make any promotions or purchases on these third-party sites (see my quote above).

From there, i logged in, message: password error (weird..) i try again, message: code 045.

Neutral_CH I've had several permabans lifted. . . .

Might I suggest a new Custom User Title? ;)

Everything is back to normal for me. But it's clear that the 3023 code is not an element in the procedure that works well on the support side. As much because it's a network error, there's no other information. That you have to contact support (info on wiki and reddit) and do it again after the fact, because even if the account is reactivated, it causes a code 045.

This is not normal, no matter what the player did to get a 3023 code.

It's just unbelievable that the chat is so strict and automatic (with no human behind it), when i'm telling you, i would have done much worse outside of the chat, which would have earned me a well-deserved permanent ban. (No, i've never bot, for info, only retro engineering for low lvl with third-party programs could have earned me a ban, and i'd take full responsibility for that, unlike this story with 3023 code).

In short, i've spilled enough ink, i remain Swiss, neutral and mercenary 8)

Note Iaerah I originally wanted to create a separate topic for the 3023 code, but i posted here on this bots topic. There is no reference topic on legacy for code 3023. Can you remove the messages since my intervention and create a new thread (named: code 3023) with messages, so as not to pollute this topic right here?

So, let me get it straight, you are complaining for getting banned for sending a known RMT trading site to another player?
    To say the least, that ain't smart to do that, as you can expect some action for that... they'll probably reverse the ban if the chat log indeed confirms that it was meant in a non-serious way, but it ain't a good idea anyway.

My posts about it (here and on: How did Guild Wars treat you today?) were mainly to communicate this information (don't send this kind of link, even by PM) rather than to complain.

I might have been more upset if the ban hadn't been lifted, which is now the case.

Hummm, are they fucking kidding me?

First i get an answer:

"After considering your respectable account history, we have unblocked your account. To avoid this problem in the future, please do not make purchases from or promote third-party sites.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance.

Best regards"

So i log back into my account...

So to sum up, i'm getting my main account banned, because in PM i sent a link to a site selling items, etc. for GW...

Is that all? Just for that?

I like GW a lot, but if my recent post regarding this inconsistency above remains as such... [space for multiple insults].

So that's all Anet is capable of in 2023? Ouuaahhhh. Well guys, don't send anything in writing IG, not even a crooked fart...

Clap, clap, clap!!!!!!!!!!! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: (Yeah on I'm not happy... who wouldn't be? Maybe, bye, bye GW)

I got a code 3023 this morning. But, i know why and the reason really is [place your insult in this space*].

I was having a discussion with a player who had recently returned to the game. As he was unaware of the game's current economy, i gave him a summary. As part of my explanation, i wanted to show him an Internet sales site (the one you're probably thinking about right now) so that he'd realize that everything today minis, weapons, titles, etc. sells for IRL money.

So i used an equipment tag for PM [<-web link->;xx]. When he received it, the link, the name of the site, was censored by ***. Basically Anet's automatic bot, dumber than the bots in play, thought i'd had my account hacked, by a goldseller or botter, potentially promoting a site through PM (...) Worst of all, the error simply says: "Network error . Please check your connection to the Internet and try again." Nothing more.

GJ Anet! To waste my time sending you a request, etc...

This may simply be the area where the mission's end cinematic takes place (depending on the cinematic, it may take place in places where we can't go directly).

"The missing outpost" is: Gate of the Nightfallen Lands ^^ Map here