Posts by Finnfinn

Damn. Got excited when I freed that Storm Bow from the UW, too. A returning player in Kamadan made a "joke offer" of 20e in Kamadan and was shocked when I wanted to accept, going "this was worth way more in my time, I would never screw with others like this!"

Just thought I'd share, I thought it was a nice break. Thank you for the great summary, I really appreciate it. Seems it'll be a while to get a feel for things.

EDIT: Double-checked the rules, shouldn't have made this post. Sorry for screwing up.

Hey folks,

since I suck at the capitalism game Spamadan isn't helpful with figuring out prices to me, probably because I'm inexperienced, can you help me figure out some prices?

If you have the time and there's some information that'd help me figure out prices on these in the future, that would also be much appreciated. Gotta learn after all. Thank you so much in advance!

I'm sitting on a 4070 Ti since I do 3D-modeling for a hobby, so I gave it a spin.

First of all, there's no how-to here. I failed as well and if you expect a solution, sorry. But maybe some people are interested in what I found out, as well as some technical details. We're deep-diving into bridging after all.

Everything really just went darker, except for the main menu, oddly enough. There, the models on the character select buttons merely stopped rendering. That's almost to be expected, really, they are rendered on a different layer. Anyway, I didn't bother. Default setting is a minimum of zero rays, I cranked that (and maximum) up to enforce some tracing. No changes. While this is an odd thing in itself, ray- and pathtracing are VERY fickle. Just because the geometry in a scene doesn't seem to react to the rays doesn't mean they aren't hitting the camera at all. Luckily, remix does have some other settings that may show what's going on. I tested in Kamadan at first, but moved to Embark soon, since it has very visible shadows and some water.

Here's where it got interesting. I started to play around with the settings that were most likely to produce a difference. Modern games often offer something called "Global Illumination". Oversimplified, GI is often vastly expanded indirect lighting, where it'll bounce off not only reflective surfaces, but also those that barely reflect light. If it's activated and light sources aren't adjusted accordingly, everything will get noticably brighter. Example:

GW1 went darker with Remix and wasn't designed with GI in mind, so it should get brighter, especially with insane settings. It didn't. On the plus side, we could add some charcoal textures and have global Nightfall?

Finally, I checked the light statistics. No sphere lights, no rectangle lights, an extreme amount of distant, disc and cylinder lights that would kill any game engine and... ZERO total lights? I guess I should be grateful my graphics card isn't on fire right now, but it's still weird.

At this point, my last hunch is that there is some odd render layer that remix is trying to apply its shenanigans to. But I'm calling it at this point.

Hi there,

just registered. Lots of stuff to say about my Guild Wars career.

Started back when 56k modems were rare, but still somewhat around. GW1 was basically my only option due to content streaming. Sure, some areas took 10 minutes, but at least it was playable. Was in my early teenage years and had no idea what I was doing. I remember Holy Sandro, my brave Mo/R, who was lost in a rage delete charr assault. Yeah, that's it. Created a PvP character as well, but default monk loadout didn't cut it, people were looking for word healers and I didn't know about elite skill stuff either. Still played it to hell and back before finally stopping, thwarting many attempts of getting past the first round on HA.

Came back to Tyria with one of my best friends when GW2 released, roped in the s/o, played the story, got raiding and recently decided to fill the HoM. Broken cutscenes in Factions (ventriloquist pets, anyone?) got me crying with laughter. Nightfall is amazing. Now I'm staying with no end in sight, with my interest having shifted from GW2 to GW1 almost entirely. I regret naming my Rt "Chores Enmas".

So yeah. Came for the HoM, got delayed due to nostalgia, staying for GOOD friggin' game design. Before I write a novel here, I'll summarize the rest:

• I harbor an extreme grudge against bots and am constantly looking for ways to thwart them in PvP. Managed to whip up an Rt build that appears to screw with the scripting of many E bots in JQ and gets them stuck for a while. Is posting stuff like that allowed? Didn't see any rule against it, but the bot rules got me worried.
    • I mostly play ST Prot Rt, though Spirit Spammer is on standby.
    • I'm extremely incompetent at trading, spending hours in Spamadan without selling any of the stuff I'm buried under.
    • While I used to raid in GW2, I now aspire to be the friendliest open-world meta commander known to mankind.

I'll probably be annoying you with price checks a lot, but I'll do my best to participate in other ways as well. Promise. Hope to see you ingame sometime!