Chest Spawns related to having keys in inventory

• I don't always have keys in inventory while out and about. I've curiously noted ( at least in my brain) that when I dont have any a multitude of chests seem to spawn along my path.

And when I do have keys , it seems I have to seek them out as opposed to just having them there as Im walking along my path.

I'm not a chest runner by any means, just something I think I've noticed lately. I'm sure there may be some science behind it.

IGN Rogue Monks Bane

• the community discussed some facts about chests in this thread:

Jodel_GW
    March 25, 2020 at 10:29 AM

I doubt that chests will spawn more often along your path when not having keys/lockpicks with you. As far as we know, spawn position is totally random over a map with some rules, for example the maximum number of chests per map, distance of chests to each other, etc.

It is hard to test this because you need lots of runs with and without keys and your test set should be always the same (which is hard as we still don't know all factors that can influence chest spawns, chest drops, etc).

I think you are good to go with "it is just random and maybe you just realize the situations without keys".

But the community is always happy to get proven wrong.

• It's just how the Human mind works or Murphys law or how u wanna call it.

A jelly toast allways lands on the jelly side.

Because only when u have clean up the mess and make a new one u save it in your brain. So having a key and opening the chests feels just normal and is not worthy of beeing saved/stored in your brain

BUT

standing in front of a juicy Chest that may contain a OS Treasure, that u now can't find out or get because u don't have keys. That's soen thing worth to store in your brain.

So u remember every chest u didn't get. But u won't remember every chest u got.

The only thing why your brain does this is to hurt you with that bad emotions until u finally have at least 1 stack of lockpicks on every of your chars so u will never have to stand in front of a chest and not beeing able to open it. And once ur got that lockpicks on all chars and are able to open all chest your brain just improved you, your drops and saves u from bad emotions in the future. Science Baby. Stonks. Mr. Clean out ^^

IGN: Mr Clean Value

:!: Important: Please if i win an auction/or u want to sell me an item write me an PM so we can organize the Trade :!:

...................................................................( Thanks for understanding and appreciate the help <3 )......................................................................................................

"Keep it clean!" 🧽💦

WTB: x00g - Clean Value items - 360g Roundshield - 256g RAM-hammer - Waterwand with 20/20 Fire

• Wise words from clean