• A shout box could be a nice addition to the site.

It could be useful for saying you're ingame and looking for so and so to make a trade on a sold/bought item. Also asking if anyone has a certain item that isn't in a current thread.

There obviously would have to be some rules such as...

1)Don't advertise your wts/wtb threads
    2)Limited bbcode, like no size options, colors are ok, limited url support, etc

The box on another site I use is coded to not allow text strings that include 'wts', 'wtb' or lots of capitol letters. It also has coding that won't allow most swear words. It's max shout length is 255 characters. Old messages are purged from the history after a set amount of time (48hrs I think)

Idk if it's a good idea or not or how much use / usefulness it would have, it's just an idea.

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• I have actually implemented a shoutbox on another website of mine once, and while it was a really fun way, the big issue with it was that the main activity on that site dropped to nearly nothing because of it.
    The big issue with that is that it is all deleted, so usefull things aren't stored and so on.

Because of this, I would suggest using Discord - https://guildwarslegacy.com/misc.php?page=discord
    That always has people on it :)

In general, I am not against a shoutbox but not overtly positive on it either. Perhaps if we get enough request for it ;)

Kev

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

• Hey,

I think a shoutbox is a nice feature if a certain demographic utilizes it to it's full potential. There's a few GW forums with them, they seem rather a novelty than a necessity though. Like being used to advertise daily or bi-daily news and just parts of information a few people could actually consider an advantage.

Discord is a much better option, seeing how it's just a better platform. Just not to those who wouldn't give Discord a chance, I suppose..

However, I do believe a shoutbox on this site would appeal to the majority (given the Legacy Discord user statistics), would read and [probably] make use of the shoutbox instead of Discord itself.

Excellent thread discussion, though.