Colossal sword Q8 insc gold

• if ur talking about surges q8 gold inscr col. scimitar its worth whatever he asks for it, since its one of a kind, I cant say for 100% sure ofc but I highly doubt hell ever sell it, especially given the history of that item :p

/Edit: got information that there are 2 of them in the game, but to my understanding that doesnt change much. its still rare af and a very popular skin. if u find the 2nd owner u can try to make em compete but that only works if both rly wanna sell which is probably not the case for such an item :p

• .... if u find the 2nd owner u can try to make em compete but that only works if both rly wanna sell which is probably not the case for such an item :p

Händler basically hit the nail on the head.

A little birdie tells me to post here for all to see that this strategy will not work on the noobie guild wars player who owns the original one that is pedigreed through Tramp and Coast. He won't compete when it comes to selling one of the most famous items in guild wars that is still around in 2017 if it ever came to that. So again, Händler is correct. As far as I know through my connections, it's very unlikely this item will be sold.

Also, if anyone would private message me details about the second one (I am aware of the first one), perhaps a screenshot? I've never seen the second one in screen shot or in game form.

• Händler basically hit the nail on the head.

A little birdie tells me to post here for all to see that this strategy will not work on the noobie guild wars player who owns the original one that is pedigreed through Tramp and Coast. He won't compete when it comes to selling one of the most famous items in guild wars that is still around in 2017 if it ever came to that. So again, Händler is correct. As far as I know through my connections, it's very unlikely this item will be sold.

Also, if anyone would private message me details about the second one (I am aware of the first one), perhaps a screenshot? I've never seen the second one in screen shot or in game form.

Here screen of the 2nd besides urs, i also did send u the Image allready over half year ago u should remember ;)

5pmkxv.png

About the price. well one on screen above was sold on this site idk howlong, 8months? ago for ~70armbraces so yeah it rly depends on intrest and wether owner wants to sell or not

-Pleikki

Edited once, last by Pleikki (June 28, 2017 at 12:48 PM).

• Here screen of the 2nd besides urs, i also did send u the Image allready over half year ago u should remember ;)

5pmkxv.png

About the price. well one on screen above was sold on this site idk howlong, 8months? ago for ~70armbraces so yeah it rly depends on intrest and wether owner wants to sell or not

-Pleikki

Its so beautiful :O

70a is way to cheap imo. The rarity of a req8 Colossal matches the rarity of something like a Swamp Club or something. As far as we know there are only 2 in existence and I think that is heavily underrated.

• Official Post

Pre-nerf doesn't always mean rare.

I'd say the r8 insc Colossal Scimitar is rare enough that a price cannot be assigned. Certainly not r8 swamp club rare, but still only two exist in r8. But number three could drop tomorrow... (it won't, percentages don't go that low)

It's worth whatever someone will pay. It's one of those anomalies, and that makes it priceless. Priceless means a price can't be assigned, not that numbers don't go high enough.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

Edited once, last by MaxBorken (June 28, 2017 at 8:00 PM).

• Obviously I am biased in this. As one of the 2 owners of a q8 colossal scimitar, I think my valuation is more important than most other peoples. Not because they are wrong. But because a deal takes a willing buyer willing to pay and a willing seller willing to sell. Technically I control half the supply of this sword (or 100% if the other owner is inactive) and so my thoughts on it's value are extremely important because to get it, you have to make a deal with me or that other owner. I am not a willing seller.

Even before we get there, assuming I was a willing seller. I can say with 100% certainly that Masahiro123 is wrong. I would wager there is a list a mile long of people that would love to pay a measly 70a for a q8 colossal. I can basically name a dozen people without even trying. 70a, especially in 2017 GW-land, is literally chump change compared to the magnitude of THE q8 Colossal. Yes, I call mine THE q8 colossal because it is the original and was the one Tramp and Coast owned.

I can tell you (Masahiro and everyone else) what the price is right now as of 12:22pm pst on 6/28/2017. A panda or Kanaxai. It's not going for anything less and really I am not even trying to sell it. I used to think Coast was insane when that was his price, but owning the sword now, I understand where he was coming from and I think he was just a little premature in valuing it that highly.

Let it be known for all to see and to help people who try to price this item in the future. I have 0 intention of selling mine. I'm not a willing seller. So when you say there is 2 of them, you can basically forget mine, because it is not for sale. I love that sword. It's my favorite weapon in guild wars ever, one that I had wanted to own for years since the days of Tramp before I got my hands on it. Handler is correct when he said that he doubts I will ever sell it. The sword is priceless. As in there is no amount of armbraces that I will accept for it. If you (Masahiro123) threw 70a at me for the sword, I would basically laugh you out the door in a nice way. If you threw 250a or even 500a at me right now for it, my answer would still be no.

Really, the only hope of getting a q8 colossal scimitar is to find the person that owns the 144g one and pray to god to you can make a deal for it. You better hope that owner does not know how I feel about mine. I don't know who owns the other one now or if they are even active right now. But that's the best bet. I will never compete with that owner in a bidding war down in price to sell this sword. Never.

It might sound a little like I'm tooting my own horn here and being biased, but it's the truth.

• i doubt to have any "good" opinion in that case, however with all i've read, surge has put much personal value in the sword. With the fact that only 2 know swords exist, we can't give any PC, unless what ppl are willing to pay.

But, i'm sry surge, i doubt thi sword worth panda at all, because it's still possible to drop and the iteam was simply "drop" somewhere, while panda was a reward for competitve plays (wich has muuuuch more value, at least to me). Loving this sword, as your most precious item etc, doesn't affect its real value, only the market price you want it to have.
    keep in mine that's my point of view only.

btw: that's a damn nice sword :p

IG: jacke l eventreur

• Yeah I'm not trying to claim "oh this sword is worth a panda just because". The fact of the matter is that it is worth whatever the buyer and seller agree to. I think everyone here will agree with that statement.

The thing is that I am 1/2 of the people who can sell this sword (or 1/1 if the other is inactive) and that is what it is worth to me. I won't agree to anything as a seller for less than a panda (I don't want to sell this sword). So because the supply is so limited, if someone really wants it, they will have to pry it away from me taking into account how much I love the item and give me a panda for it. An item is worth what the buyer and seller agree to. Other people say an item is worth what a buyer will pay. Why can't an item also be worth what it will take for a seller to sell it? If someone really wants a colossal and doesn't like my attitude that I won't sell mine, they can try to find the other owner and hope they value it less than I do. Or they can go start farming for their own.

So you are correct, my feelings may not be a reflection of it's real value, but in that case real value doesn't matter. Because I have the sword and I am not a willing seller of it. It takes a willing seller for a transaction to happen.

• Yep :). I can't speak for OP, but I believe this thread came about because I was asked about selling this sword in game and I gave my typical response which was basically what Handler said in the first response to OP but OP didn't believe me and so he wanted to hear it from someone else. =P.