caster Crystalline Sword os

• short: where did they come from?

extended:

on the one hand as we know there are os caster crystas around - the on MaxBorken is holding would be the most popular one on this site, but to my knowledge at least 3 exist: q9, q11, q13

on the other hand I tried putting together the info on all the relevant content updates, where the main info extracted considering the matter would be:

2005 Sep 7th new system of chests replacing keyless chests

2005 Sep 29th removed keyless chests in Riverside Province and Gates of Kryta

2006 Mar 2nd removed keyless chests in dreadnoughts drift, tascas demise and ice floe

2006 Apr 26th added new inherent modifiers +5e, 15/-5e, 15/-10a likely also to PvE

until few days ago I was assuming, they woukd have come from keyless chests after the +5e mod had been added as drop, but putting together the pieces it looks like there was no such overlap. Now my only solution is that they dropped from HoH chest?! But I do not even know if the gold versions dropped there uninsc? can anyone clear it up? if my theory is correct - until when was it a possible drop?

Any help woukd be greatly appreciated!

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• There are two q13 +5e's

Anyway, Crystas, dwarven, serpent dropped gold OS from HoH Chest, so yes they came from there, i think largest part of OF Crysta/Dwarven/serpent are from HoH and not from the keylesses, atleast 95% ppl ive met who dropped like q8 crysta or someting back in day say it was from HoH :) Those skins drop still from HoH but with NF release they were changed to inscriable versions, and those skins dropped from Hoh until start of the days of the chest afaik.

• 2006 Apr 26th added new inherent modifiers +5e, 15/-5e, 15/-10a likely also to PvE

Also this update didnt add 15/-5 15/-10 etc mods, this was the update that removed those mods from dropping blue/purple.

There are alot of prenerf 12/-5 12/-1 etc mods, and prenerf vampiric mods and so on, that dropped since release of gw, but with this update like blue dual vamp weapons become prenerf and 1/-1 vampiric mods and such.

This is the update that nerfed 12-13% dmg modifiers also with

• Significantly improved the quality of rare (gold) and uncommon (purple) items.
  • I am aware of those other effects of the update I written them in the linked thread - here I just quoted the section relevant to the matter. the parts in bold are those that need clarification, so the point of prenerf 12/-5 ones would be very interesting since that'd mean they didn't come in the same update and hence were added earlier - maybe they were present since day 1? and just the caster mod was added? but yeah that's a different topic - we should discuss in the related thread. coukd you post a pic of a 12/-5 gold one?

here my entire notes to the update:

2006 Apr 26th vamp and zeal only comes from rares anymore - leaving pre searing mods of this kind as pre nerf - suspected to also apply to the "dualvamp" and "dualzeal" inherent mods, increasing the maximum of sundering mods to 20% - leaving old ones like 7/10 as pre nerf, increasing quality of uncommon and rare items - leaving low stat versions pre nerf (like -2wH/7vs dwarf shields, 12wE martials in gold rarity...), changed the quality of runes on armor drops - leaving old drops as pre nerf (gold armor with major rune), added new inherent modifiers +5e, 15/-5e, 15/-10a to pvp (likely also to PvE), removal of the dualreduction as drop?!

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• I heard the story of the first q8 15^50 crysta and that one indeed came from a keyless. but then the spot for casters was HoH. thanks for the confirmation :)

can be closed

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• alright I found the notion of the relevant update! actually it wasn't with nf release when inscs started dropping from HoH but actually 3 months later! I added the info on my content update list:

2007 Jan 19th HoH chest now drops insc items making multiple skins in golden rarity prenerf (crysta, dwarven axe, dwarven hammer)

a question coming with this... Dwarven axe would also have been possible as caster drop from there for at least 9 months whereas I've never heard of one... so... does it exist?

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier