Canthan Staff Hierarchy?!

• It feels like so much has changed these days with Canthan staves compared to what they used to be. As someone who at one point collected Canthan Staves, I remember a hierarchy post about canthan staffs in terms of rarity and price. Maybe it was on gwguru.

Back like 8 year ago, the hierarchy as I remember it was:

Dragon

Platinum/Bo

Big Drop

Zodiac

Celestial

Big Drop

Plagueborn and Cockatrice

Big Drop

Jade, Amber, Others

But it seems like today that hierarchy is completely changed. It seems more like it's

Zodiac

Celestial

Big Drop

Plagueborn and Cockatrice

Others

Big Drop

Dragon

Platinum

What happened to Bo staff? Where does it fit in? Don't Bo staves drop from the same foes as Dragon and Platinum? Yet Bo staff seems to have held its value compared to the other two? I just saw a 20/20 q9 death dragon staff sell for 150e here. This is a staff that 7 years ago would have been a near priceless treasure. Yet, people are PCing a q9 Death 20/20 Bo staff at 15a? I thought it would have been more similar to the 150e Dragon staff that just sold. Is the Bo staff still valuable?

• Since the WoC a Chance Encounter farm was introduced to the game, most of the value heavily dropped, especially the last few years. You can with minimal investment farm that quest over and over again, only requirement being to have a good hero team with the best armor/weapons/insignias. I as a solo player have pulled at least 20a worth of shields/staves/caster items from there. So you can only imagine what the bots running that place are pouring into the economy.

Kaineng Center has become Kaineng Factory, running 24/7. Dropping Bo/platinum/dragons non stop. So I believe it has become a preference thing between these items.

From my experience, (active speedclearer) Bo's are the introduction to expensive OS items for people that don't pay too much attention to OS stuff. You can't get it cheap as an inscribable version (you can with Platinum, Zodiac, Celestials), and a lot of people like the clean look of it

For me personally, it has always been:

Forbidden

Platinum

Bo

the rest.

I rarely see Forbidden staves sell, and when they do, for some reason, they don't sell too good either. Or else I'd farm them all day long since they drop from one of my favourite chestruns.

Cockatrice and Outcast staves are also botted a lot, so there's a lot of them selling and they frequently enter the market.

Why Zodiacs have become so rare is probably because Urgoz and Deep aren't really botted to the same extent. There's a chest run to do on each, but it's not consistent enough for it to be worth it. You more than often get a run without a chest in it, sometimes can't even reach it. So Zodiacs, or anything that exclusively drops from Deep/Urgoz (exalted aegis, Zodiac shields/weapons, wayward wands etc) are mostly coming from player runs, which is getting increasingly rare to come by. Gathering 12 people that want's to do more than 2 consecutive runs is hard and the only consistent guild I know that actually does not run skipway (kill a lot, loot stuff) is [Lgit]. There is quite a few big groups of enemies that are spiked, leaving a lot to loot. You really have to try a Deep non skipway run with favor up.

Urgoz is mostly skipway so drops are minimal there but I believe Zraw is one of the guilds consistently running Urgoz.

As an example, I got an insanely lucky Zodiac staff drop last year, Q9 20/20 Dom. While searching for a reference price, the only thing I could find was a post from 2 years ago and that was a Q10 20/20. They rarely enter the market and there's quite a few people looking for them.

TLDR; Bots made a lot of them easily obtainable, leaving it to the community to pick the favourite skins. The ones the bots don't touch, became rarer.

Edited once, last by Ravenshaw (February 5, 2022 at 3:20 AM).

• Hello, most faction skins can now be farmed by bots with the quest: A Chance Encounter (and more). Celestials can also be dropped in Kaineng with the vermins and in the Zaishen chest (inscriptible). Ziodiacs remain the least accessible in terms of abuse, including skins that can only be dropped in elite faction zones, such as Wayward Wand, Straw Effigy, etc.

Edit: grilled to within 2 minutes :S

• Zodiac > celestial > cockatrice > bo > dragon = plat > plagueborn.

For value.

I dont agree with the fact celestial and cocka are botted a lot that's not true.

People still think it's heavily botted because of the mantide farm back in the days. The mantides almost never drop celestial staves/cockatrice, shields daggs etc yes

The chest run to drop them is really hard to bot or almost "impossible" because the vermines body block so much

Remains the forbidden staff which has such a neat skin, drops only in 2 places in the game where very few people chest runs. Getting a 20/20 is pretty rare but i guess people dont like the skin or dont know about it. Which is sad 😢

Before woc droping a dragon/plat/bo/irrid/diamond was insanely rare especially with perf mods. WoC (and the bots) killed these skins.

• Yeah I've ran probably 7500 Vermin chests. The body blocking on the narrow paths is a little ridiculous. So are Bo Staffs similar to Dragon/Platinum? I'm confused because I saw a Dragon staff sell for 150e and people are PC'ing the identical Bo staff at 15a.

• Well rarity and price are so separated now that i dont think you can make a list that would include both but you do need separate lists and then do conclusions from that :P

for terms of rarity on market (Not on drops) id say

Zodiac

Forbidden

Celestial
    Cockatrice

Amber

Jade

Plagueborn

Outcast

Bo

Platimun

Dragon

and notes:

-Forbidden drops alot but noneone trying to get it, neither noneone wanting to buy it

-Cockatrice pretty unwanted skin and just seems to be the "extra loot noneone wants" while farming for celestials

-Amber and Jade is highly unwanted, guess all that pongmei made a stigma on it even that you rly dont see the skins for sale often

-Plagueborn is probably most unwanted of all

-Outcast heavily botted, these seem to be basically cheapest canthan q9 20/20 skins from my experience with them, because also noneone seem to want these, probably 2nd most unwanted after plagueborn thesedays IMO

-Bo, Dragon, platinum from these two you see Bo's for sale least, and theyre also most wanted, i havent warmed WoC so cant get if there is droprate difference between the 3 tho.

And then list by sale values i have spectated:

Bo/Zodiac/Celestial - These do actually sell roughly the same, Bo staffs seem to be so wanted i keep seeing q9 20/20 Bo, Channel, Earth etc go 30-40a, Mediocore attris 20a range and worse attris 10-20a, its honestly depending on attri with these which skin will sell highest, some unwanted Zodiacs and celestials seem barely get 10-15a while basically almost any bo can be sold for 10a too, Seen good (Earth, Heal etc) Celestials get stuck at bids on 25-35a range, while soem Bo staffs sell higher than that.. Id say with attri like Dom Zodiac/cele would go higher than Bo, but in most other attris it sells for roughly the same. Ive seen ppl offer even trade zodiac vs Bo even that Bo is so heavily botted its still so very wanted

Cockatrice/Platinum/Dragon/Forbidden - Not many buy these skins thesedays, but those who do still pay allright for them. i think most q9 20/20's are between 1-10...15a, seen best attributes go that 10-15a tops really.. I've sold some good attri forbiddens near 20a mark but that has been pushing allready.

Jade/Amber - Dont come for sale often but ppl seem to dislike both of these alot

Plagueborn/Outcast - i keep seeing these even good attris (dom etc) get stuck at 5a range max.. seen prot/Heal/fire etc attris sell for only 1-2a noneone rly seem to want to buy these