• Hello there, I was wondering which is one of the best ways to farm Q8 items, I'm looking for chest runs which drop q8s most or either a farm in general.
    I'm also wondering where the best place to farm a q8 dark wing is? Anyone have any thoughts or answers?

" A sword wields no strength unless the hand that wields it has courage"
    <=======|==0

• If you mean insc. q8 stuff, there is no particular place. Just places where monsters level can give a low req of any rarity. Though not all low req items can be dropped in gold rarity (e.g. insc Q7/15 SWS), and some drop only in gold rarity (e.g. Darkwing).

When it comes to Darkwing there are several places:
    - Vaettirs in the Rabbit Hole
    - Chromatic Drakes (in Battledepths, head right when leaving from ctc, you'll find a group of drakes, further in that dead end you'll find more)
    - Whirling Whisps in Sepulchre of Dragrimmar
    - Imps in Varajar Fells, the ones walking around that lake, east of Olafstead.

I won't wish you good luck, because to drop that you need more than a miracle.

• I know of several low req blue Darkwings being around and most of the owners claim, that they bought it in the early eotn days. I've farmed low req Darkwing and Enameled for half a year now with no luck, over a hundred of gold Darkwings and Enameled, not a single one was of other rarity than gold.

• My aim was to get q7 and/or q5 of both hence I farmed in NM. Which can yield all the req.

I agree on q8 drop rate in hm, but that applies to blue only. Following that logic I would be able to drop at least one purple Darkwing/Enameled. So that's my primary worry. It must've been one hell of a coincidence to drop almost a hundred of both Darkwings and Enameleds and none of them being purple. Through many hours of playing in eotn I haven't stumbled upon a single non-gold Darkwing. That's why I wonder if there was no minor nerf changing the rarities after loot scaling nerf.

• Ive never seen a non gold Darkwing. Ever. I am very hesitant to agree they exist and if they do it would 110% of come from the preview events like the inscr Purple Crystallines.

As for farming req8 Ikki is right in that farming levels 17 - 21 is your best bet, however the cap does go as high as 23, but youll be hitting the req ceiling quite a bit (Drops will role higher). Chest running is always your best bet for OS req8's, HM is your best bet for blue/purple req8 inscr, and Kournan chests and level 20-21 enemies in NF and EoTN are best for gold Inscr req8 I tried out farming Chromatic Drakes for Darkwings and that worked pretty well outside Central Transfer Chamber, but in NM the drop rate is just stupid low.

Kournen Chests drop so many req8 its crazy, get a few every 100 chests or so. Of course they are mainly focuses but heck its still req8!

• Thanks for all the info, any one have any special spots for any q8? Proph, factions, NFL, eotn? Feel free to share if you would like. Looking to expand my spots to farm. :)

" A sword wields no strength unless the hand that wields it has courage"
    <=======|==0

• I mean, I have this raggidy old piece of junk..

599418a751e7679fc58ccc5d181ff1f2.png

Touche! Although surely they still only come from the Preview weekend right? Since I've never seen a blue/white/purple drop from the 1000's of SC I have done.

Hrwakka I listed some farms in my post, however a lot of us contributed to the Req8 Farming thread back on Guru. I would check out the archive if you wanted some dope farms.

• Was going through the old guru threads for a fun trip down memory lane and came across a post from 'The Serious Monk' that made me immediately think of this thread. Has a couple different Darkwings that were discussed here from the purple to those pesky overachieving blue ones with inscriptions..whatever those are ;) ... figured it would be useful posted here:

5hvFoZe.jpg

Edited once, last by Tyrant (August 27, 2017 at 5:30 PM).

• The same spots where you can farm Darkwings (I listed the most efficient spots in one of the posts here). You could say that Enameled and Darkwing are sibling shields, though Enameled appears to be significantly more rare than Darkwing.

When it comes to the screen Tyrant provided, I don't deny the existence of purple/blue DW. I haven't seen any drop since ages.

Edited once, last by negromancer15 (August 28, 2017 at 9:22 AM).