Stone Summit and Summit Warlord Shields

• Hi,

So I've always wanted to find a farm for stone summit items but couldn't find anything when trying to research, aside from chest runs. Maybe some others prefer farming enemies like myself and don't want to chest run for a <10% chance of a shield drop. I did some cursory searching and didn't find any mention of this farm, so it may or may not be common knowledge. It was new to me anyways so figured I'd share.

Nostalgia hit me so I decided to farm some ice imps in southern shiverpeaks for fun and opened a chest near some siege ice golem and got a dwarf item which surprised me. According to wiki, siege ice golems drop summit items which was new info for me but makes sense since the stone summit construct the siege ice golems. Then I remembered a spot outside ice caves of sorrow where there are a ton of these golems.

There are 2-3 spots of large groups of golems outside ice caves of sorrow and are easy to kill in NM and HM (did it successfully with R/A whirling defense and as a Vow of Silence derv). I got 3 shield drops in 2 runs (probably lucky) and there are also 1-2 chests. The ice imps can also be easily farmed of you want and there are plenty of them to farm for core drops.

I can edit to post screenshots of the route but you really just follow the path of the golems. The only problem is that the aggro for them is odd, and not all attack. So half the time taken is properly balling the golems to kill them and I skipped a few stragglers for timesake.

I think a D/W vow of silence build with whirlwind would be fairly efficient. They don't do any real damage so you only really need VoW of silence and maybe one other defensive enchant. Maybe there's an ele build that could quickly farm it as well but I haven't experimented too much.

• Hey there,

Usually, back in my days (2006-2007), I duo'ed with a bonder hero all the area near Deldrimor's camp.

This area is also knowed for the chest run spot due to the high amount of Dwarves and elementals too.

I used the 600hp Monk duo with a hero, and if you have an alt account it's easier to do with a "real" player for more drops.

Didn't try it since I'm back on the game, but I was thinking at it few weeks ago to give it a try with an alt now. If I remember that was a long farm and I vanquished the zone in the same time.

Maybe this can help too.

Thanks for the share as well, yours can be more effective than mine in terms of speed and rezoning.

• Wow, nice find and thanks for sharing! Might have to give that a shot. Here's the route for the Talus Chute farm. The R/A build works much faster than a D/W. If you can ball the golems up well enough to get the stragglers stuck, I think it's worth it. Total foe count is 40-50 if you kill the imps too.