Keep getting disconnected

• Hi, so I started farming the WoC a chance encounter quest yesterday, but I keep running into the issue that I get disconnected.

This happens nearly every round, sometimes I manage to stay connected for a few runs..

A window pops up with "A network error has caused you to disconnect. Would you like to attempt to reconnect?"

If I press "Yes" it instantly reconnects without an issue.

I never had that happen before by any other farm, like vaettir or raptors. Maybe its the amount of mobs?

Did anyone else run into this issue and maybe knows how to fix it?

• Ye, thats what I would be thinking, but sometimes it disconnects every run. I don't know what the Afk timeout is, but definitely not that short :D

I moved my Guild Wars to my SSD, worked fine for the last 10 runs. Will try again later and see how it holds up

Quick Edit: forgot to mention that my game has a small lag spike whenever i kill the mobs. Not sure if placebo, but i feel like its a bit less after moving the game to an SSD.

• Hello,

According to tests made with several graphic cards and GW1, there are big differences as soon as you exceed 60Hz on the screen. The "freeze", the lack of fluidity, have according to the model of GC, a different effect, in different places (effects of light, transparency, many enemies, etc).

But it may not be that at all..

A long time ago when i was farming Vaettirs with Budger Blackpowder (RIP Keg farming, after maj of 11.06.09) i had an automatic programmed key that dropped the barrels every 0,05 secs. This systematically caused a crash that asked me if i wanted to reconnect or not. i had to increase the timing to not crash. Do you use an automatic element or a third party software in this sense?

But it may not be that at all..

• No nothing 3rd party.

I really dont know what fixed it, but I rarely have crashes now. Moved the game to an SSD, still get those lag spikes but it doesnt disconnect me anymore

• Moved the game to an SSD, still get those lag spikes but it doesnt disconnect me anymore

Try this in you havn't to remove lagspikes, the game gets kind of weird with high frame rates.

Indeed, if you simply moved GW to an SSD (instead of an HDD? Does that still exist? ^^), you gained write/read on the disk. But the problem of screen hertz, although mitigated, will come back depending on the effects or the number of effects to be calculated on the screen.

After personally, i can't play any video game in 60Hz. 144Hz minimum in all games. Otherwise i notice it directly, so much it is distressing.

If you had installed GW on a HDD, then a secondary SSD (?) I would say how much ram do you have, which screen, which cable (standard) to plug it in, which graphics card, etc. Your tower may just be too "just" to play at more than 60Hz, hence your problems.

If your screen goes up to more than 60Hz, then you should set the option to 60Hz and not to: monitor refresh rate.

• Indeed, if you simply moved GW to an SSD (instead of an HDD? Does that still exist? ^^), you gained write/read on the disk. But the problem of screen hertz, although mitigated, will come back depending on the effects or the number of effects to be calculated on the screen.

After personally, i can't play any video game in 60Hz. 144Hz minimum in all games. Otherwise i notice it directly, so much it is distressing.

If you had installed GW on a HDD, then a secondary SSD (?) I would say how much ram do you have, which screen, which cable (standard) to plug it in, which graphics card, etc. Your tower may just be too "just" to play at more than 60Hz, hence your problems.

If your screen goes up to more than 60Hz, then you should set the option to 60Hz and not to: monitor refresh rate.

I see no point in locking fps at 60, you always want to have your fps at a minimum be the same as your refresh rate. I play with a 240hz monitor, have it set to "monitor refresh rate" and never have any lag spikes unless frame limiter is set to "none".

• I see no point in locking fps at 60. I play with a 240hz monitor, have it set to "monitor refresh rate" and never have any lag spikes unless frame limiter is set to "none".

It all depends on your configuration. Older graphics cards for example don't manage very well beyond 60Hz. Using the monitor refresh (in your example 240Hz) will create slowdowns, even crashes of the game. It is undeniable.

If your configuration is of the same generation, spread over a few years at most for all hardware components, the risks are also lower.

• It all depends on your configuration. Older graphics cards for example don't manage very well beyond 60Hz. Using the monitor refresh (in your example 240Hz) will create slowdowns, even crashes of the game. It is undeniable.

What? None of what you're saying makes any sense, sorry. What hertz your screen is running at has nothing to do with the GPU, and using a higher refresh rate will not create slowdowns or crashes. There's no point in limiting your frames below your monitor refresh rate.

You do you, but don't spread bs advice.

• I can actually back my claims up, can you?

Yes, but in view of your understanding and reaction, i prefer to let you cogitate.

What hertz your screen is running at has nothing to do with the GPU

This is your mistake

• There’s obviously no point in continuing this so I’ll move on.

Idem.