• Yeah I agree with Max.

Its probably more than any item in game. Even many unconditionals, just because it's so wanted and noticeable.

It's an item with no ceiling price wise.

In fact I can't even think off the top of my head any item that exists that would cost as much. An unded Kanaxai? Kromps Q8 15% unconditional Great Axe?

Maybe there are other things I don't know about, someone can fill me in because I'm curious ... is this the most expensive (in terms of glamour / demand) item in GW?

Edited once, last by Expugnare (September 20, 2017 at 5:40 PM).

• It's certainly up there with the axe, but as there have been a few r8 15^50 crystallines over the years (5?) Kromp's axe is rarer and therefore more valuable.. I personally think asking 2500a for this crysta is deluded, but in the crazy market these days, no one can ever predict what such an item could sell for.

• I mean there are lots of things more rare than the Crysta, presumably. There's probably items that legitamitely never existed, like a Q8 20/20 truly matching attribute rare skin Wand (ever seen one, I mean like Q8 Dom 20 dom 20 dom Zodiac or Wayward?) I've seen at least 3 crystas...). It wouldn't even be a quarter of the price of a Crysta if it did exist. Which it doesn't.

Similarly things like Gutemuh's Q7 ES 20/20 Water Plagueborn focus might legit be rarest item in entire game. It certainly wouldn't cost as much as a Crysta.

Serpents, Dwarvens and Swamp Clubs are all arguably rarer. Heck I'd even wager the Q7 +5e Platinum Blade and Cele Swords are rarer too?

Rarity doesn't equal value sometimes. Sometimes it's just notoriety, isn't it?

Is there anything more notorious than the Q8 15^50 Crysta..? And if so, like Kromps Axe, would it actually sell for higher ?

Edited once, last by Expugnare (September 20, 2017 at 5:57 PM).

• In fact I can't even think off the top of my head any item that exists that would cost as much. An unded Kanaxai? Kromps Q8 15% unconditional Great Axe?

Maybe there are other things I don't know about, someone can fill me in because I'm curious ... is this the most expensive (in terms of glamour / demand) item in GW?

woooow , calm down with prices, no way this sword worth more than an UNDED Panda.
    can't compare an item which almost all comunity of gw have dreamt of, and a weapon, even as nice a this one.
    2 mains reason imo: -panda is a toornament reward from "old" days , and the cryta is a random drop.
    -panda can be used , and seen almost everywhere, which isn't the case for the crysta

and i'm not even talking about kanaxai..

IG: jacke l eventreur

• Speak for yourself, Jack. A Kanaxai/Panda doesn't mean dick to a lot of people (myself included).

Plenty have come and gone.

I agree that this Crysta is overhyped from a rational POV, but people are irrational over Crystas. It is the ultimate status symbol (much like a Kanaxai or Panda...). Try to remember the last time Kromps Axe was for sale, I don't think it fetched these prices. And an item like that is literally 20-30x more rare than any miniature.

Edited once, last by Expugnare (September 20, 2017 at 6:24 PM).

• Agreed with the status symbol part with Crystallines. I have a couple. I would merch a panda. Someone give me a panda and I'll prove it. I never cared for minipets, I don't see them as status symbols. Minis are useless, weapons are useful. Can't hit a titan with a panda.

This sword is worth more than an unded panda.

• xD i don't know how rich you guys are, but i doubt you have an unded panda then..
    go speak to someone who does, i'm 99% sure this guy would NEVER trade his panda for a crysta^^
    and again, kanaxai, ofc there has been 28 or so given, but do you have any idea how much they went for? on the rare ocasion ppl manage to trade theirs*
    i doubt it, or you woudnl't capare a kanaxai to this crysta :)

Edited once, last by jack l eventreur (September 20, 2017 at 7:37 PM).

• It comes down to this....

To the uneducated masses, a panda or Kanaxai may seem rarer and more valuable because they can be seen in outposts, and therefore are more visible, but the educated trader and collector will always value the rarest weapons over those minipets. It's a conossieur thing.

You said it yourself, Jack. There have been 28? or so Kanaxais vs a total of 3 to 5 r8 15^50 crystalllines, or one r8 15/unconditional axe (etc) since the beginning of time. The numbers don't lie.

• It's stupid to keep argueing about this. It serves no purpose. Someone who owns a Panda or a Kanaxai bought it for a reason. Same goes for anyone who would buy this. It is personal preference. If I had 5000k arms I would buy this Crysta and not a Panda or Kanaxai. I assume Jacke would buy one of the Mini's and Yuko and Max would also pick the Crysta over a pet. Valuewise it is impossible to say. The value will be what ever the seller and buyer agree upon. Don't compare it to a Panda or a Kanaxai or whatever, because those tap into a totally different market.

~Emma

• I know plenty of folks with Pandas, I don't know many people with an item like this. Nor do I know many people with uncustomized 15% unconditionals.

I've asked the Captain and he's told me he wouldn't even consider selling his axe for Kanaxai(s).

You clearly don't understand the rarity of a lot of these weapons, and I think you're making a lot of assumptions about wealth. Arms are cheap, even stacks of them. Minis are commonplace, yes even Pandas...

This sword is *relatively* commonplace as far as uber uber rares go and even this makes a Panda look common. It's a whole different order of magnitude. When we talk about perfect uncusto Q8 unconditionals, it becomes so rare it makes a Kanaxai look commonplace.

Remember that 28 Kanaxai is still 28x higher than 1, and don't forget how many Kanas and Pandas were duped. . .

Also lol@ the wealth comments. Classy

Edited once, last by Expugnare (September 20, 2017 at 7:51 PM).

• It comes down to this....

To the uneducated masses, a panda or Kanaxai may seem rarer and more valuable because they can be seen in outposts, and therefore are more visible, but the educated trader and collector will always value the rarest weapons over those minipets. It's a conossieur thing.

You said it yourself, Jack. 28 or so Kanaxais vs 3 to 5 r8 15^50 crystalllines, or one r8 15/unconditional axe. The numbers don't lie.

you didn't get me here, i'm one the guys who actualy care about items such a weapon etc.. and i actualy would agree with 2500a or so if the guy ask for this amount
    BUT, it's sadly not the case for most of gw, here is the reason why panda, in any way, will stay a symbol of richness. and unded panda worth more than 2500a

but, let's be faire, no more "words". simple as that: ask someone who is rich enough to have an unded kanaxai (only 1 active in game atm), if this guy would ever think about trade his pet for this sword.
    you'll see i'm right here
    even with unded panda's owner (2-3 ingame atm)

• The reverse is also true.

Ask Kromp/Kabong/Akh (if he ever comes back) etc if they'd trade a sword like this for a Panda and they would laugh in your face most likely.

Buying an item like this is not a sellers market. Same for a Kana.

@Max-- as much as I agree with you this shouldn't be an us vs them sort of mentality. GW is about anyone enjoying the game in whatever way they please. Even if it means collecting wierd greens or loving lame Asian minis. To each their own. Doesn't make them dumb, necessarily. The dumb thing is saying any mini is more RARE. That is just objectively wrong.

Edited once, last by Expugnare (September 20, 2017 at 7:58 PM).

• Max and Jacke you both confirm what I am saying. Ask Kromp if he would trade his axe for a Kanaxai and he says no. Ask someone who owns a Kanaxai if he'd trade it for the Crysta or Kromps axe and the answer is no. They bought theirs for a reason and not the other. Any further "value" comparison is ignorant and abundant.

• Emma nailed it with personal choice. The connoisseurs would choose the sword, the uneducated would choose the pets.. Incidentally im deeply proud of all the [PhD]ers in this thread once again proving their pedigree.

Why do you feel the need to bring other people down like this Max? Like the most of this discussion it serves no purpose. Be glad most of the people prefer pets over collectables. Otherwise neither of our collections would be half as big.

Edit: I realise I'm getting off topic. Will stop and stay on topic.

• I can say about value few things, i know the guy with it very well, price would be alot over 2.5ka.

about valuating, its worth what ever the seller wants, some items arent ment to be sold, especailly if the buyers doesnt care enough to pay fair price.

for about claim noneone paying 2.5ka, well i definetly would if i had that.

For this exact sword i have offered everything uncustomized and customized on my account only for the right to custo that sword and the other guy could keep it if wanted.. and to my math only uncustomized items on my account could potentially be alone ~4000a if sold seperately

• well, the true point is: we can't compare this items, since they are completly defferent, as you guys said.

but i repeat, you got me wrong, i'm not saying i'll prefer to have a panda above that sword.
    just saying, if i'll have the choice between both, i'll take the unded panda 100%, then sell it, then buy the sword. as simple as that^^

• Oh and ok, ill add here this.

The guy who has the uncustod q8 15^50 Crysta, Also has unded panda and unded Island guardian, Price hes asking for Crysta is another unded panda Or IG+1500a,

MEaning, hes one with unded panda and values crysta even higher then that mini, so what was claimed earlier isnt actually true.