deep game mechanic

• Hi,

Stated as such, this could correspond to several given situations. A more concrete and precise example?

• Hum, i don't know if this is in line with your question, it's basic:

• Heroes who pass through a teleportation portal will return to you automatically, whatever your position on the map. (Simple test: exit a city, flag heroes "in the city" through the portal, heroes will teleport back to you once the portal is passed. Note: they then forget to reposition themselves on the previously placed flag). Exceptions exist, such teleports in the Tyrian desert.

• When a door is closed and the heroes are out of the compass, names grayed out (if this is the case in your example (?), the game no longer calculates them in the same way in terms of their movements and use of builds (reduction of physical calculations / distance). If you release the flag, move it or place it after an obstacle (door), they can find their own way through these obstacles. In this situation, they can also pass through places that players can only pass through with great difficulty, if at all.
  • Check this vid out at 1:40

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There is no portal and a thick wall

• A lot of fun.

I understood what you meant, the wiki on The Deep page, sums it up more simply and technically:

With two players, one flags their first three heroes to gate one (far right) and flag the rest of the heroes back at the wooden gate. Once all two/three players are inside Room Two, unflagging the heroes will cause them all to rejoin the players after a short delay.

To test it, just go to the beginning of The Deep, Flag the heroes on the active teleport, then cancel the flag and it works. Just for fun, yes you do it 4 times and get stuck at the beginning of The Deep, no more active teleport, kind of a bad joke :D

Now technically? I do have a theory that covers what i said in point 2 of my previous message ->

It's interesting to note that they reappear at the original location intended as the starting point (coord. X/Y) for each "zone" separated by teleportation. Before the 4 teleports, in the starting "zone" where you appear after downloading The Deep instance. After the 4 teleports, they arrive at the teleport circle. Heroes were not planned when The Deep was coded. As pointed out in point 2 of my previous commentary, heroes are sometimes capable of overriding the normal physical rules of the game. Here we have an example that is both extreme and explicit. So, the heroes are trying to reach you, they're looking for the shortest route, the rest is of secondary interest to them. I'm talking in terms of the code resolution that governs GW. And here, the game's code not having provided for it; hero functions in The Deep, particularly on teleporters that don't work as they do elsewhere. That is, when you engage them, they don't automatically teleport your heroes with you. The game, the code, gives them access of functionality, to use the teleportation function to join you. Right on the nearest matching point to you in this zone, the vertical teleporter.

That's great, but it only works because The Deep has unique teleports in the game. At least i think so, i can't think of any other example where you, as a player, can use a teleport, which won't also teleport your heroes automatically with you or whether they're on the map. And even in the case of other similar elements, without teleporters in The Deep, it's more the code that governs it in its entirety that's lacking and enables this feat, not just the teleporters (to ponder...)

Edit: On reflection, it's the same principle as when you remove the Flag and the heroes are far, far away, coming back to you at compass level in a matter of seconds. Except that The Deep seems to calculate these distances differently, between you and him. As a result, even close heroes are teleported.