Who are those 1 post acc 100 prenerf item sellers?

• As the title states - who stands behind those new accs on legacy that sell so many rare prenerf items?

known ppl that wanna stay unkown, ppl that come back to the game after a long break (unlikely since it just began a few months ago) or even ppl that got a hold by those items through acc hacking via game support?

• You summed up the answer yourself pretty well already in your question. It would be a mix of all 3 of those categories of people.

Although I'm not sure that the exact mechanism of prenerf items being “hacked” is being done through the customer support. There may be other methods to that which we likely won’t ever know. I won’t get into the details because that could be a long discussion of conspiracy theories, but you have the right idea imo about who is behind these accounts.

• I vote for the last option (in a way). This doesn't mean that all prenerf objects are, of course. How do you sort them out? Impossible in practice.

• It's most likely 1 person that doesn't want their name to be known, there's quite the surge in items all of a sudden, I think old or very old returning players don't even know about legacy or don't know what they have

Edit: not surprising, it all started with that 2fa problem, so Neutral_CH is probably right.

• According to what's being said, some players have got their hands on inactive accounts and are gorging themselves on prenerfs. Storage accounts full of prenerf.

And it could well be that the recent 2FA security problem is Anet's response to this. This means that accounts whose emails had not been changed for a very long time had this system activated without the account owner's consent. For those who no longer had access, this made it impossible to connect to the account.

It's not too far-fetched to say that the data the hackers could have used, apart from the mistake of using gmail yahoo and other unsecured crap, would have been stolen from Anet's databases. Perhaps their reaction was a way of sweeping the problem under the carpet.

I don't have any direct evidence to give you here to close the debate.

• 1) Figure out old accnt with rly old closed email accnt associated

2) Make new 'same' email at old accnts old email provider for new forced 2 step

3) Repeat steps 1 and 2

4) Profit!

(Such as: gmail is closing accnts inactive for over 2 yrs now)

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ