Old Deldrimor Chest items

• Hey there,

once upon a time there was a chest we called "deldrimor Chest". You didn't need any keys to open it and it dropped all kinds of neat stuff. Arena Net became aware of this farm and eventually patched it within a few days.

Anyways let's get the nostalgia out of the way, here are the items:

1. Q7 16ar Magmas shield blue - -1 Phys 2%

2. Q7 16ar Shadow shield white

3. Q7 16ar eternal shield white

4. Q9 13-19 crystalline sword purple 12% while ench

5. Q11 serpent axe 6-28 purple +14% Vs hexed foes Axe mastery+1 17% chance

6. Q11 serpent axe 6-28 purple +15% while hexed axe mastery+1 16% chance

7. Q9 War hammer (krytan skin) purple 19-35 +14% stance

8. Q11 15-28 hornbow (flesh skin) 15^50

9. Q11 tac 16ar Stone Summit shield -5(19%) reduces wound duration 20%

10. Q9 curse 10 energy accursed staff gold halves time 10% halves skill recharge 9%

11. Q8 19-35 war hammer (lion skin) +15% -5 energy

12. Q9 19-35 war hammer (lion skin) +15% stance

13. Q9 19-35 runic hammer +15% stance

14. Q8 19-35 mursaat hammer gold (no DMG mod, most disappointing drop ever :') )

15. Q9 16 Str eternal shield purple inscription

Is there any value whatsoever? Any help would be appreciated, cheers!

Note: Not all of these items are from the chest ofc, mainly the purple ones.

Edited 8 times, last by Fruitdealer (May 9, 2024 at 7:27 PM).

• 7. Q9 War hammer (dwarven skin) purple 19-35 +14% stance

If this is really dwarven skin, its possibly only existing non collector war hammer with dwarven skin in guild wars, and worth a ton of arms. probably most of these all

Post for sale, many (like i would) would pay alot if it really is that skin.

Anyway for everything best to post for sale and see offers with enough time

• 7. Q9 War hammer (dwarven skin) purple 19-35 +14% stance

If this is really dwarven skin, its possibly only existing non collector war hammer with dwarven skin in guild wars, and worth a ton of arms. probably most of these all

Post for sale, many (like i would) would pay alot if it really is that skin.

Anyway for everything best to post for sale and see offers with enough time

Dang my bad, it's actually the Krytan skin... My knowledge is too rusty I guess. Sorry!

• All of that is definitely worth money like said, do an auction if you would like to sell any of these... A few items might not have much value as they are still dropable today, but I wouldn't merch them...

One thing that attracts my attention is the eternal shield purple, am not so sure anymore thinking about it but don't they drop only white blue or gold ? And what do you mean by "inscription" on it ? Cheers

• All of that is definitely worth money like said, do an auction if you would like to sell any of these... A few items might not have much value as they are still dropable today, but I wouldn't merch them...

One thing that attracts my attention is the eternal shield purple, am not so sure anymore thinking about it but don't they drop only white blue or gold ? And what do you mean by "inscription" on it ? Cheers

Thx for your input!

I've done some research and that chest run is still doable, but the droprates are abysmal. Got the purple CS and serpent axes from that chest pre Nerf in around 2 days afair.

As for the eternal shield, really no clue if these can actually drop purple quality anymore. Also no clue where I got it from, same as all the q7 shields. The eternal shield got an inscription slot, just like all the "new" weapons and shields.

• I bought the same shield for 50e 2 years ago, since armbraces fluctuates a lot and the devaluation, is posible 1a to 5a depend of interest.

The thing I know about purple eternal, they come from Gate of Pain mission - Tortureweb Dryder and city of mallyx in doa.

the proof:

Thx for your input!

I remembered now, kinda interesting they're able to drop in the mission.

• After +15,000 chests from NF Dryders and having killed thousands of them, including in the Gate of Pain mission, here's what i can add about the eternal shield inscr. ->

There are 2 elements that are different from each other in terms of drop, even if they drop the same objects:

• Chests associated with Dryder: They very rarely leave purple q8s in NM. Sounds more like a bug than a standard. But you're much more likely to get a Ghostly Staff than a Storm Bow, Eternal Bow or Eternal shield.
    • Drops from Dryder: Dryders themselves can very rarely drop purple q8s. But, Dryder in a zone or in the Gate of Pain mission do not have the same system. Dryder of Domain of Fear = same system of the chests in the same zone. Dryder of Gate of Pain = almost only for Storm Bow, Eternal Bow and Eternal Shield. Ghostly Staff are very rare, even in white. Clearly the opposite of chests. Don't forget that blue q8s are available directly from Dryder of course

So the 2 elements above drop purple q8-q13, but not in the same way.

Your best bet is to farm the first 6 Dryders of the Gate of Pain mission in NM. Let Dunkoro die at the start of the mission, gather the first 6 Dryders in a cluster and kill them (Dervish VoW of Silence, for example). This should take about 2 minutes. Beware: the drop rate is very low if you do this in a non-stop loop.

• Damn they're able to drop q8 purple eternals? Didn't know that. Think I read somewhere that q8 blue was max, Ty!

• (You could also have the bows (Eternal, Storm), but postnerf damage. Ghostly Staff q8s 11-21 with 20% on recharge are also possible, but with less interest. Only Eternal Shield is “max” in q8, whether blue or violet).

• Neutral_CH Hi, did you dropped any other q8 but staves from margonite chest?

I think only q8 drop from kournan chest, staves from these chest I found are q6 to q8, with this logic is posible happening the same with margonite chest.

below q9 I think the only posibility is blue from drop, I doubt q8 purple eternal shield cant be dropped from mobs neither chest.

• I only got q8 purple staves from chests (3). From dryders a q8 purple bow, but no inscription slot (this is often the case on Eternal Shield q8 blue too).

But, i've rarely seen monsters as selfish in terms of drop as these Dryders, the ones in the Gain of Pain mission. The others in Domain of Fear are too scattered and accompanied by annoying enemies for quick farming. Except in the early days, about 5-6 years ago, i've had this kind of drop. Since then, the skins associated with the Drdyer, when i kill the Dryder in the Gate of Pain mission, are almost nil... or else imperfect, q8 8-15 / 14-26, etc. So we need to know which Eternal Shield Q8 we're talking about: perfect or not? In both cases, it doesn't seem impossible, but the locations and monsters are so weak and the situation so extreme that we're not likely to see it any time soon.

Otherwise, to return to the original subject, the q9 purple are worthless. I sell them to the merch direct.