The Report Function - And We Should Be Using It Against Bots

• This is good to know. I've heard them say something similar quite a number of times as well. It may indeed be a whack-a-mole situation and it only seems like ANet isn't doing anything with reports when in fact they really do ban those accounts.

• I don't venture into PvP often anymore but I will be sure to start actually using the report function. As said by Motoko during his conversation with SCW, I never believed the report function did anything, however I will try to make use of it now!

Always blame the Monk.

• That's a straight up lie. A big deal of PvP community tried to do something about the bots in RA, sending countless reports, daily, several dozen people with no success whatsoever. After sending some tickets, they received some responses, all of them acknowledging the problem, but no action has ever been taken and as a result plenty of people just gave in.

You don't have to be a genius to see the state of PvP, you don't have to conduct a one year research to figure out who the botters are, especially now, when it's basically common knowledge (Marc, Lamerz, Pagore, should I keep going?). You don't have to be a genius to see the gold sellers in kamadan, you just need one fully functioning eye and a functioning right cerebral hemosphere.

Reporting? Report my *bottom part*. You ban 5 people every quarter and pretend to be doing something about the problem, when there is more than 5 thousand people that deserve a ban. How many times did the people try to go on a reporting spree, and the whole endeavour backfired, because every player got reported back and automatically dishonored by 50 bots from one dude?

I think the community should be doing the same with the PvP synchers and those who cheat to gain the PvP titles too.

Do you mean reporting every person that ever enters HA? And every member of so called 2018 HA guilds? Or any guilds that in their recruitment status include "HA Daily"? 95% of the current HA titles are synced, yet people still pretend to be "playing HA", let's face it, the fact that you face 1 human team in Halls every 15 games and outside of that you beat the crap out of henchies and alts, doesn't make it "playing", it's still syncing. I am pretty sure, that 70% of the active players have synced HA in the past year and even members of this forum have.

I don't really see, what's the point of telling people "it's gonna be alright" and get their hopes high, when you know it's not going to happen. Sometimes I feel like people working for ArenaNet nowadays don't really understand the game's mechanics and they are just enjoying their internship.

If they really wanted to fix or help the game, they would have started with the easiest and the most obvious things like banning the gold sellers in Kamadan to show the people, that there is hope. Instead they just feed us promises, give people false hope and pretend to do something when in reality - nothing is happening.

• *Snip*

Your mentality in your post was expressed in one of my responses in the above conversation.

His response was not that of a generic response we are used to seeing.

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

I can't imagine he would spring up after years of no communication with false hope only to have nothing accomplished.

• As far as the rmt website kama spambots, I was told report them for 'spamming' not 'botting'.

It was explained to me like this:

A 'botting' report cs will look at activities in explorable areas for suspicious activity.

A 'spamming' report they will look at chat logs for content/frequency of what they say.

'Spamming' is kind of the blanket report for them to look at chat and see websites being advertised.

if even that is tl;dr

Bots in jq / spam in kama

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ