Mobile app / WSC-Connect support

• Hello everybody - you've been asking for it, and today we're proud to announce that we've added support for WSC-Connect, which allows you to hook up Guild Wars Legacy on your smartphone and easily check on things on your smartphone and receive notifications!

In order to get started, you need to grab the Android app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/det…wsc-connect.com (currently not yet available for iOS).

Once installed, search for Guild Wars Legacy, log in using your details (this is safe), and you're ready to go!

If you've got questions, feel free to ask them here.

Kevin

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

• I use an iPhone as well and I think the forum functions excellently through Safari. I don't really see the need for an app.
    I am a member on other forums which use the Tapatalk app however I find it easier to use Legacy through Safari than those functioning on Tapatalk.

Always blame the Monk.

• So I have an iPhone and I genuinely love these forums.

That said, are there any plans/hopes for a an actual mobile app? I know that's a large undertaking but have to ask.

Would be great to keep us all more connected.

Whilst a sizeable chunk of our visitors are using mobile phones, the largest chunk of it are visiting the forums through their browser.

We have an app for Android, but it is barely being used at all.

Developing one ourselves for iOS is something that will likely never happen - I'm not an iPhone user and can't properly test that app.

Next to that the mobile version of Legacy is working quite well - in fact, it runs extremely well, as it was one of the must-haves when we switched over to this software.

So all in all, chances of a mobile app coming are very slim.

I use an iPhone as well and I think the forum functions excellently through Safari. I don't really see the need for an app.
    I am a member on other forums which use the Tapatalk app however I find it easier to use Legacy through Safari than those functioning on Tapatalk.

Tapatalk was more a quick fix for existing forums, rather than a properly designed forum solution. So it works, but not that well. But it's a lot better than those old school vBulletin's.

The current version of Legacy was built from scratch to be responsive.

• Had never been to the site on my phone until this moment in all honesty as I figured it would be clunky and hadn’t really figured there was a mobile version of the site. No offense meant here! Have to say, I can see why there is no app. The site on mobile is super user friendly and functions really well. Thanks for letting me know and giving the details!

• Had never been to the site on my phone until this moment in all honesty as I figured it would be clunky and hadn’t really figured there was a mobile version of the site. No offense meant here! Have to say, I can see why there is no app. The site on mobile is super user friendly and functions really well. Thanks for letting me know and giving the details!

No problem, most forums are a monstrosity on mobile after all ;)

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg