Hall of Monuments - 50/50

• Hi everyone

I'm going through the arduous and insanely time consuming task of trying to get 50/50 in my HoM, to then move on to GW2. I only like playing solo/with heroes, so there's also that.

I'd say I'm still in early stages, as this is where I am in each campaign with my character (I'll also include the % of map explored, as I'm going for explorer while I play through the story and doing all the quests along the way.

I started my game in Prophecies, as a Mesmer/Ele and got the Legendary Defender of Ascalon title. For Factions and Nightfall I completed the starting area missions and map exploration (Istan and Shing Jea Island).

Prophecies:

- Next mission I need to do - Ice Caves of Sorrow

- Percentage of map completed: roughly 80%

Factions

- Next mission I need to do - Vizunah Square (Foreign Quarter)

- Percentage of map completed: roughly 30%

Nightfall

- Next mission I need to do - Venta Cemetery

- Percentage of map completed: roughly 30%

EotN

- Only did the quest that gives you access to EotN

- Haven't left the outpost you arrive at when you finish the access quest

So, obviously, I still have an incalculable amount of hours to go to get 50/50 in my Hall of Monuments (which is fine, because I love the game so don't mind).

My questions, however, are:

Party/Builds

I want to go for the Survivor title but think I'll only be able to get this when I get a good group of heroes with the appropriate build. Doing this should also speed things up as I should be able to kill everything much faster. A player in the game told me to go for this Hero build which looks good: https://gwpvx.gamepedia.com/Build:Team_-_7…_Caster_Support

Questions:

- What heroes should I get for this build and what's the quickest way of getting them?

- For the elite skills I should get for this build, what's the quickest way of getting them?

- As a Mesmer, what would you say the build for my character should be?

Platinum

On top of time consuming, this is obviously a very expensive task in terms of plat/gold.

Questions:

- Would you say that through play the story I'll get the plat I need to get 50/50 in HoM?

- Do very seasoned players donate platinum to greenies like me?

- Am I better off just buying platinum from a site like this (and is it trustworthy) (*******mod edit removing link--not allowed on Legacy--mod edit********)

Any other tips welcome. :)

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Edited once, last by cosyfiep: removed link to external site--EULA violation--mod edit (February 4, 2019 at 2:30 PM).

• Here is another link that will help answer some of your questions:

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide_to_…numents_rewards

and yes, some people will help you along the way...for instance, loads of people will donate minipets to you (I have a bunch if you need some). Others will help you with some of the harder missions (you may hit a few that are much harder doing solo and just having one friend will push you over).

NEVER BUY ANYTHING WITH REAL MONEY--you may get your account permanently banned!!!

• Here is another link that will help answer some of your questions:

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide_to_…numents_rewards

and yes, some people will help you along the way...for instance, loads of people will donate minipets to you (I have a bunch if you need some). Others will help you with some of the harder missions (you may hit a few that are much harder doing solo and just having one friend will push you over).

NEVER BUY ANYTHING WITH REAL MONEY--you may get your account permanently banned!!!

Thanks for the quick reply!

I didn't realise buying stuff with real money could get you banned. Guess it's too big a risk, then?

Also, did you have any tips on what heroes I should get and in which order to go after the elite skills for those builds (and what my build should be)?

• It is part of the EULA that you can not buy for real money, but loads of people think that that rule is not meant for them (and many and found out that anet does and will carry out their bans).

As for which heroes, get the quick ones to start with: Koss, Dunkoro, Talhkora, Melonni, (and the others which you get for a quick quest when doing the transitioning quest from prophecies to elona), and then get over to the HoM and get Gwen, Vekk and Ogden. I would also get Olias--but he is a bit farther into the elona quest line.

As for builds, for the new account unlocking skills would be something you should do. What I have done in the past is start new characters in each of the chapters of each profession---this unlocks a buttload of skills (lots of them are well, junk, but there are a few good ones). I would also do the skill quests offered in Prophecies for this reason--tons of skills for just finishing a quest (and gives you more lore in the process).

To begin with the henchmen will be better than your heroes since they have more skills, though getting a good monk up and running will help.

To earn money, I am told, id everything (I usually dont, but if you get the id kits for a reasonable price why not).

As for the rest, I am sure there will be others along shortly to add to this....with more helpful answers.

• Thanks again!

I already have all the heroes you mentioned (including Olias) except Gwen, so will spend a bit more time on EotN to get her.

I've done every single quest so far and also ID every single item, so all good there. :)

Thanks for the advice on starting new characters to get loads of stills - didn't think of that!

Now I just need to find a millionaire willing to donate a bucketload of plat hahaha