Weapon selling questions (not price check)

• I have never bought or sold a weapon in GW. I usually just stick all the green and gold ones in my storage or take whatever mod I want from them and leave them in there. Now I'm overloaded, but don't know where to start. My questions are not about the value, but more general. I'd hate to put 20 pictures on price check and they are all vendor trash.

Is there an etiquette as to what mods should or should not be on a weapon you are trying to sell? If the weapon has imperfect mods do I need to remove those mods before selling?

Are there any weapons, generally speaking, that will not sell-- so as not to waste people's time?

Are basic/common weapon designs not wanted?

Are q9 with top damage always wanted, or only ones with certain mods?

I also don't know how to tell if a weapon is old school-- and if it is old school, what makes it valuable vs worthless?

Thanks!

• Here are some general tips, other players will have more.

When it comes to mods and some weapons, you can use the following site that logs all messages posted in the Trade Channel of Kamadan and goes back 3 years I believe. Due to prices changing a lot over the years, I would recommend to only look back 1-2 months at the most when looking for prices. This site is definitely good for price checking mods, and sometimes weapons. Keep in mind that just because someone has a price on an item to sell, doesn't mean that's what they get.

https://kamadan.decltype.org/

As far as Inscription vs Oldschool (has inherent mod), Items that drop from Prophecies or Factions will be Oldschool, items that drop from Nightfall or EOTN, are not and will likely have an Inscription. When an item has an Inscription (will say "Inscription: "xxxxxx"), this inscription can be replaced with another. When a weapon (Axe, Sword, Daggers, Hammers, Bow, Staff) have a mod directly below the DMG, and it doesn't say Inscription, this is oldschool and that mod cannot be removed as it is inherent on the item. Keep in mind that some oldschool weapons won't drop with in an inherent mod, these are known as "clean" or "Naked", kind of useless and usually merched, but sometimes they are collected, not many collectors for these besides myself and I have almost all of them at the moment. You can still remove the prefix or suffix weapon mods on oldschool weapons, just not the inherent one.

Shields, Focus, and Wands are slightly different, the oldschool versions do not have any replacable mods, all mods are built right into the item.

Regarding knowing what to sell, this will take some research on each item and general knowledge overtime. The above site will work well for this.

For Inscription weapons, unless they are rare items that drop from a dungeon chest such as Bone Dragon Staves, Frog Scepters, etc, Inscription weapons are not that valuable these days, but Q9s can get you a little bit of money and can be profitable over time. Q10+ inscripted items that are the common ones, don't tend to sell.

Oldschool weapons are all dependent on the skin and mod. For Melee Weapons, the more common that are worth trying to sell are Q9 with 15^50, +5e, 15-1HR (Dual Vamp) and 15-1ER (dual Zealous). The skin will drive the value of these.

Oldschool Staves are also based on skin and inherent mod, but the more valuable ones will have "20/20" mods of the same attribute (HSR and HCT). 20/10 Q9s for more rare skins (Platinum, Bo, Dragon, Zodiac, Ghostly, etc) can sometimes sell for collectors or hero use, but will take finding the right buyer.

Oldschool Focus and Wands are very hard to sell as they have to be dual modded and the mods have to be perfect for the most part.

Oldschool Shields vary, similar to Focus and Wands, dual modded is a necessity and mods must be perfect or near perfect if they are good mods. Shields have a much better market than Focus and Wand, however dropping a good one to sell is not easy.

I hope all of the above is helpful!

Chevy

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.