Prenerf(?) q9 Naked War Hammer (Rams skin)

• So.. was looking for some q9's that a buddy was missing in their collection, and we stumbled across this hammer I have. After a quick search on guild wiki... it looks like this skin may be prenerf/no longer drop, and kinda sounds quite rare (Since neither of us have seen another one, and we both have quite a collection of items)

So, behold this beauty, and feel free to give an opinion of a price for it. Since it is a q9 and perfect in my eyes (I collect naked q8s+), I'll never sell it. But, I enjoy having a sense of value on my collections.

*edit: The only evidence I've read of this still dropping, was from a guild wiki discussion page, where only 1 user made a comment saying that these skins only drop in Pre/Post Ascalon, Maguuma Jungle, and the Crystal Desert. This was a comment from 2011 I believe, and nobody else made another comment about it before/since, on the wiki discussion at least.*

Regards,

Shaggy

Edited once, last by Shaggy (August 4, 2019 at 2:59 PM).

• Shaggy August 4, 2019 at 4:24 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Prenerf q9 Naked War Hammer (Rams skin)” to “Prenerf(?) q9 Naked War Hammer (Rams skin)”.
  • It's always been one of the tougher skins to find, but not impossible. For instance, I once had 3 r8 15>50s at the same time. One resides in my collection (We can arrange for you to see it ingame sometime if you are interested in this skin now). One went to Don Corleone, who was a good friend and, for all his success and the manner in which he accomplished it, will always be the greatest r8 15>50 collector in my opinion. The other went to some other collector lucky enough to bump into me at the right time 😆⬇️⬇️

All that having been said, it's an unusual skin that you don't see much at all anymore. If you love "naked" items I think it should be very dear to you.

I can only give you this historical perspective. I have no information about potential price or whether this skin can still drop. I leave that stuff to others.

Kabong

Edited once, last by Kabong (August 4, 2019 at 10:23 PM).

• Its very unusual skin indeed, i was asking the question if it still drops in "Does it exist" here: Does it exist? year ago and didnt get any promising answers, which made me wonder if it is prenerf to this day or not..

For rarity wise, as kabong said some q8 15^50s excist, i got one in my collection as well and ive seen few, ~4-5 others customized past years ( q8 15^50)

For higher reqs and other mods havent even seen as many, its hard skin cus many might not even think its rare, or dropped some and not knowing it could even be rare so who knows if its prenerf or not?

Thats why personally i wouldnt dare call it prenerf, but it could be one, definetly would need some proof or more research in my opinion.

Anyway it is very rare and i dont think theres another clean one around atleast, which makes it extreamly collectible.. Which comes to point even i couldnt say price for it other than definetly hundreds ectos imo

• There are still some odd mobs that were never farmed in areas like majesty's rest that could potentially drop these. I know for certain it was a keyless chest drop and also ettin drop long time ago. If you guys remember ettin farming for runes in 2005 in north kryta province. It would take research and not sure we have the man power or will to confirm it. So that really means there is no guarantee of prenerf besides the q8 part for some of those mentioned. For all intents and purposes I doubt any will show up for sale so price wise I would keep that in mind if you ever sold it.

• cosyfiep September 7, 2019 at 7:10 PM

Closed the thread.