Early bump protection

• Considering something Emma told in another suggestion, an alternative solution to accidently bumping a thread too early,
    would be not being able to bump it at all.

[snip]
    I bumped my wts thread 1h early yesterday because of this. Since I am 1h later then the times on the forum I guess. Would make mistakes like mine a thing from the past

Possible solutions (only for the trade forums):
    Option 1. Don't allow a user to submit, if last post was made by same user within 24 hours.
    Option 2. A "bump" button that's disabled for 24 hours after last use.
    Option 3. An automatic bump feature (which stops automatically after next reply, or after # of bumps). (i.e. "bump my thread for 5 times"). This could be the trickiest solution, and maybe not good if *everyone* who posts also choose to bump.

Edited once, last by Lexx (January 28, 2017 at 3:32 PM).

• Option 1 and 2 seem like a good idea to me. Option 3 not so much, if everyone who makes a thread makes it bump x amount of times the forum could get full with inactive threads which keep getting bumped. Manual bumping imo works best. If you want an active thread, you have to "work" for it :p.

• as I am that mod, thanks. And we (I) wont penalize someone for bumping 5 minutes early--never have and never will.
    -----------
    Guru used to have a 'not allowed' bump feature as well, but it went awry if anyone else posted in the thread :(

would be nice to have that feature back again as well, even with its shortcomings....it was also the reason we had the post times changed as well---it was easier to look at the post and see that it says 'january 1, 2017 8:00' instead of 'yesterday 8:01' (I also made sure it was in military time so there was no confusion about 8am or 8pm)...trying to figure out yesterday 8:00 sometimes got difficult and more complicated than it needs to be to just look at a time stamp and say yes that was 25 hours ago its ok now to bump.

so yes having that feature back would be nice (option 1)

• At the very least, post time less than 24 hours could also reflect that. "Posted 23 hours and 55 minutes ago." ;)

as I am that mod, thanks. And we (I) wont penalize someone for bumping 5 minutes early--never have and never will.

And now everyone will take advantage of your forgiving nature and regulary bump 5 minutes early :D

Edited once, last by Lexx (January 28, 2017 at 6:26 PM).

• I have looked into this, but it's not something that I can implement easily (or soon).
    That's not to say that I'm not considering doing this or adding this - just that it won't be something that I can quickly do.

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg