Worm Chest Run : Nightfall - Joko's Domain (Ancient Weapons, Dead Weapons)

• This is a chest run specifically for Dead and Ancient items. After spending hours in Kama trying to find q9 Ancient bows, I decided to see if I could acquire them myself. This took a bit of trial an error, but I've found what I think to be the most efficient way to farm Ancient and Dead items. I farm in HM, since there is no chance for q8 drops. This is a funky chest farm, as you have to be a worm for much the run. Compared to other chest farms in the Desolation, I like this best because the initial worm spore is unprotected, so no fighting is required. Moreover, there is often a chest right at the start. Meaning, that this chest run can be ran in one of two ways.

Bone Palace: Joko's Domain HM

Build: A/P, A/W, Generic Perma Shadowform Runner

1st Method: Fill party with running heroes and exit Bone Palace through Joko's Domain in HM. Turn left immediately and find first worm spore. Become worm. Eat cupcake; although it doesn't appear like you move much faster, you actually do! Now, straight ahead into the sulphurous waste there may be a chest. If a chest is not there, then travel left as shown on the map. If nothing, resign and repeat. This method tends to take under a minute, and I estimate that there is about a 30-40% chance of chest at these initial 1-4 locations.

2nd Method: Follow all the steps stated in first method; however, after looking far left, until you see another worm spore in the distance, double back towards where the initial chest might have spawned and head to the hard ground. Following the mini-map, hit the hard ground and then run as a normal character to the bridge. Once at the bridge, head left past a resurrection shrine until you see another worm spore. Pause at worm spore and have a glance! There is a chance of 1-3 more chests with this method. And if feeling audacious, you can continue as a worm once more and further explore the depth of the desolation where there is a chance of 1-3 more chests (not shown on above map). Yet, at this rate, you will be 2-3 minutes into the run, and the extra time as a worm, in my mind, is not worth it.

I tend to find a happy medium between the two methods. I quit once I get past the bridge and resurrection shrine at the next worm spore (where my arrow is on above map). I find this method takes under 2 minutes and I average 1-2 chests.

Summary:

This chest run is actually relatively easy and fun--worm! Ancient weapons are not very popular, and well, if you need them for your collection or just want to see what they look like, then this is a great way to farm them. My first q9 Ancient longbow dropped the other day, and now I only have the flat bow left to finish my collection. Enjoy!

In-Game: Cornelias Dolabella

Edited once, last by cornbread (September 20, 2020 at 3:59 PM).

• Seems like a cool chest run :D

I guess people are less interested because it's not an os item c run :o i'll for sure give it a go

its not that ppl are only interested in OS items when farming. dead swords was the shitt, that and elemental sword + holy vial way back when NF was released. And back then they were worth alot and now its worthless,

• its not that ppl are only interested in OS items when farming. dead swords was the shitt, that and elemental sword + holy vial way back when NF was released. And back then they were worth alot and now its worthless,

I've been thinking that's the problem with the zaishen, UW, and Fow chests dropping all the skins in the game. Because otherwise perhaps some of these rare inscribables might have a bit more value, being harder to find.

Edited once, last by cornbread (September 27, 2020 at 12:19 PM).