Guild Wars Error Code 45

• Hey just had a quick question regarding these forums and being banned in Guild Wars (error code 45). I have been playing Guild Wars since 2005. I have never done anything against the TOS. Back when Guru was shutdown I did create a account on this site in 2017 but never really posted anything. However, got a rare drop and couldn't get any decent offers in game so I posted it here. I made a "big" sale on a Kappa Shield and angered some folks who lost the auction.

As of this morning I was banned from Guild Wars. Their reason?

Now the question is, did I get jipped by someone on this forum with "illegally" obtained arms? Or could I have been reported out of spite by those who lost the Auction? Because after 15 odd years of playing I have NEVER had any trouble at all with my account. However, a week after auctioning a SINGLE item on this website for IN GAME currency I get banned, and not just banned, perma banned.

Any idea folks on how a clean 15-16 year old account would be terminated for something it has never been a part of? Yes, I have already submitted a ticket to support but this question is for this forum at large.

Edit: Anet response - "Suspicious trade activity". They would not specifically say if it was the trade with a person or the items obtained. Just further information, I have only made 2 trades in this game with other people since March 12th, both of which were users on the forums. I will not say names and I will be dropping the link to the previous thread because I can not say for certain who it was or even if it is related to the forums.

Edit: 3 days of emails and the account is unbanned. Only advice is take screen shots of all conversations and trades.

Edited 5 times, last by Vanthian (March 26, 2021 at 2:37 AM).

• Hey I’m sorry to hear this, this is actually upsetting.. people can be bitter for weird reasons.. hey as a fellow human being I would look at this as an opportunity to work on self. If this happened to me, I’d be like, Ight bet. And get in the best shape of my life and learn ways to make more real life bread..

Keep your head up

ign

Clould Strife:nec:Evi Strife

• Thanks, yeah I am not bitter about it. I only logged on every other year for a couple of months to run through the game again for fun. Just a shame a multi GWAMM account got banned for something it never did. I still have my secondary account I used for storage. I will most likely liquidate all the items on that account into ectos and go back in hibernation. I already work out so I guess I will just have to pick up another hobby.