Posts by Grant West

yo I'm pretty sure we used 30-40 stacks of res scrolls just in running for these records http://gwscr.fbgmguild.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2620

http://gwscr.fbgmguild.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2623

http://gwscr.fbgmguild.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2625 Can you please calculate how many "you can salvage items for consets,..." items you'd have to salvage for that many res scrolls? And then can you calculate the time it would take to acquire those items. And then add on the time it takes to get all the needed pcons and then tell me if you think it's "obtainable". "I am not happy with the state of the game" then play a different one?

they only got those records in such a short period of time because bot farming etc is abused, be thankful; also only maybe 0.0001% of the remaining players actually play for records so yeah your comment is irrelevant.

a stack of rez scrolls isn't that hard to get? if you are struggling to afford rez scrolls i would suggests you play another game :)

They should've solved storage issues long ago. They didn't. Why? Because "money". That's why. Also, they aren't going to remove their money-making machine that is gold-selling because there's simply waaay too much money to be made in it. So that'll never go away [GW2 or not]. They make money off of gold-selling; otherwise, they'd have never nerfed gold, items, etc.. You just have to get a clue. I'm not going to attempt to prove anything to you, either. You just have to do your own research, develop your own understanding, and follow the indirect facts. Anet cares nothing about its players. They've even labelled their own followers as cry-baby whiners on their own forums, but I'll let you figure that part out on your own. They don't care about your interests; only their own. They've proven that over time by weakening the average player's earnings; they established a below-minimum-wage salary for players over time, and forced them to either cope or leave. If the average player stays, then they pay premium. If they leave, then there's no consequence for Arenanet because they've already made their profit from GW1 long ago. Now, they just don't care anymore.

You seem hostile, as to me getting a clue? I never implied you were stupid. I just think that before you make strong claims you should show some facts or evidence so I can understand your POV.

People don't have to use gold selling sites, you can salvage items for consets, complete content with minimal Pcons, PvP rewards, chest run, Iron Man, actually farm the skins/items you want.
    You say it like these things are unobtainable without gold selling sites; to be honest many do. It's just a fact of people wanting the things they desire instantly; they no longer want to put in the time/skills to earn them.

I am not happy with the state of the game either but I try to stay optimistic, as for Anet employees saying we are cry baby whiners I would have a few choice words for them as well.

The economy dived because GW2 came out and they stopped updating GW1 for years, the players left and the market responded.

If they were more proactive in removing gold sellers, people would be forced to spend more time farming and completing content instead of WTB XX Titles, WTB XX Missions, WTB XX Items (with online purchased ecto) and ectos/arms etc would remain high. That sort of lazy play style is what kills a game.

They make no money from gold seller sites afaik, they still occasionally do mass bans of these bot accounts. Until we see evidence stating otherwise I would say they are still making a killing from GW1 with account/storage/character/costume/mercenary purchases 15 years later. (these aren't cheap)

Anet evidently does still care about this game, as we've had new content two years in a row now. (New Inventory Bag Runes, UI/Graphical updates, Enemy AI updates, Elite Skills and Weapons.)

So this is my response to you, not a hate comment or a lashing out; just a simple disagreement with your opinion. I'll leave you with this from google though:

World of Warcraft Classic has been a big success to Activision Blizzard, with the company revealing today that the retro release has driven subscription numbers to their biggest quarterly increase in history. Classic came out on August 26.7 Nov 2019

First point made is about removing farm-bots and also PvP-bots, whilst removing these from the game might sound like a good idea to some; if done without also adding a way for us to easier obtain pcons or having "some" AI in PvP battles this will actually negatively impact the game.

The third and last point is the bit that surprised me "We will happily shell out our hard-earned cash for anything that will keep Guild Wars alive and thriving. We will buy items from your online store even when we don't particularly need them, just to support Guild Wars".

I actually don't agree with this sentiment, It's a very cucked way of thinking to me. No offence.

If people want to donate to running Guild Wars let them add a Donate button on log-in; that should entitle us to a public liaison and more active facebook/twitter page at least; dare I say an employee actually working in the game again also.

Personally I think the letter could have been worded better; still I appreciate your effort.

I spotted a couple oldies on youtube from its infancy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I just tried Duncan few times with Heroes (NM first) and fail at kill him. The way to him is pretty easy. Since I dont have 3 mesmer on my monk right now I run with these builds:

2x Nec/Rt Heal with Icy

3x Air Ele with Invoke + LS

1x Esurge Mes

1x ST Rt

sorry for the late reply, bring the assassin skill "swap" and move all of the enemy rit spirits surrounding duncan far out of the way, he will be no issue whatsoever.

you can also turn your ele hero's into mesmers with good energy management through "ether renewal + aura of restoration" **edit

I play strictly by myself using Henchies at first, then my other characters later as heroes. That having been said, there is always a point you will reach when even a whole party of level 20 heroes won't get the job done. Since I hate to do the same thing more than a couple times I reach a point and call it quits (ascending in the Crystal Desert campaign is a good example) I get what I want out of the game and leave it at that.

there are people who have solo prophecies with 0 hero/hench. the crystal desert in particular can be done with henchmen quite easily even as iron man . when this game was in its infancy people employed tactics while playing (luring with a bow, small mobs at a time, corner blocking) if you are struggling it's because you are probably sucking at playing this way and just button mashing/face tanking everything. which is kind of the norm now mesmer hero teams reward lazy play. no offence.

This needs work still, imo. The theory is good of course but has been thought of before many many times, would like to see something useful finally come from MoM. Thanks for taking the time to write out detailed reply.

GL

There are a few basic things all team builds need to work and be balanced. you are missing a good few here but if you are enjoying yourself that is the main thing.

Healing

Prot/Melee Shutdown

Interrupt/Caster Shutdown
    Enchant Removal/Debuff

Hex /Condition Removal

Energy Gain

Damage

Each of these generally can't be dependent on only ONE thing like enchants/spells/skills/shouts but instead a mix of ALL those things.

You seem like you know this already, an obvious thing is the heavy reliance on enchants and no hex removal; so one panic and a few anti-caster hexes cast on your balled up hero team would completely annihilate it, any ward or spell that removes or prevents enchants and takes away energy would also be crushing. Even basic AoE necromancer hexes and conditions would quickly remove any +9 health regen you are receiving.

Would be nice to see you take it somewhere. Hex removal and melee+caster shutdown are going to be the main issues. Hero's are generally good at either doing damage or healing; when you mix the two you get poor results; even a ST Prot with healing skills on its bar will become heavily pressured.

Convert Hex could be a good thing to add, Expel Hex/Divert Hex/PnH elite skills are also nice depending on how willing you are to change the amount of MoM ele's in the team, with Ether Renewal and Aura of Restoration you can turn a couple ele's into shut down mesmers with good energy, it still relies on enchantments... It could compromise what you are trying to achieve though.

GL

Does anyone know if these weapons are scaling correctly, I swear I'm not doing full damage when auto-attacking with these while meeting the req.

If you still have to sink points into the weapons tree for damage is there any point?

-And my shields can't take a handle :( pls fix anet.

Yeah we thought about that but if you were the only person in your guild it basically becomes disbanded; unless I made someone else GL.

The issue has gone away since I loaded up my alt account in multi-launch, I'm guessing it was an issue from that ?

Anyway the problem has so far gone away, although I still can't see new members when they join soemtimes and I am still being taken offline by GW.

Never mind that, guy is back again ... :(