Posts by Ostona

The Pack is the only one, you can sell/buy it for 20e (standard price since long ago).

The Shortbow is also random spawn, but with more frequency than the Pack. There is no market for the Shortbow as far as I know, typical drop that no one wants and end deleted. But you can try to sell it anyway, you don't lose for trying, maybe there is a collector who wants it.

The Great Horn + Jug always spawns in known locations, so the only price you can obtain with those is if someone is lazy enough not to want to go get them themselves xD

I'm curious what's double enchanting staff are you talking about ?

I remember this one from an old PC thread : RE: OS BDS Dual chant staff? but imo it was an obvious photoshop (notice the weird spacing of the enchant mod)

This one, yes, the BDS. For some reason I remembered 19—20%, now I see it says 20—15%, I never read the thread and I just took a quick look at the picture in its moment, my fault.

I'm reading now the thread and yes, it seems fake, the explanations given by Surge are logic and makes sense.

It was 20% of enchant length +20% of enchant length.

It was not 24% of enchant length.

That is why it was broken. And retroactively nerfed.

What I wrote in the wiki is that the sum of both 20% increased the time to +40% due stacking (as a bug or whatever, and also being this the reason of the removal), conducted by the lines: (...) that could be modded to double 20% enchant. (...) and "At the time there wasn't a way for permanent spell immunity solo except until that axe was discovered."

I mean, to put in context why I wrote that:

1. Sword Pommels (of Enchanting) as far as I know existed since the beginning of the game, so the Denravi Sword (which also existed since the beginning) could be modded with a 20% enchanting.

2. Spun said that "at the time there wasn't a way for permanent spell immunity" (until the discovering of this axe), so saying this I assumed that in this time a normal 20% enchanting was not enough to having a spell permanently active (Denravi Sword assumption discarded then), because many skills have changed over time and I never played the very beginnings of the game, so it could be that the duration of some skills at that time was much much less than it is today.

3. So regarding what I understood before, I assumed that this axe was a mistake by ArenaNet's part and the double 20% enchanting had an effect stacking, creating an unique 40% (and that this was the reason of the removal when they discovered it).

4. Hobo said "NO" to my point 3, so if this effect was not stacking like he says, then it means that it doesn't matter the double, triple or infinite enchanting, the effect of the axe was just a normal 20% like the Denravi Sword with a sword pommel.

So, it stacked or not???? xD

Percentages do not add up
    if my keyboard lacks of keys, what about ur math notion from early school ...

I don't know what a game hardcoded mechanic has to do with what you said, but whatever XWyc3Ql.gif

I'm very well aware about how the % and stacking works today, but since there are no weapons with a double "Enchanting" upgrade like this one (with the exception of that staff 19/20 that I don't know if the picture is real or fake - EDIT: confirmed fake), and in addition of the nerf of this weapon (and others) plus the explanation that Spun has given (and HOW it has been explained), this is the conclusion that I have drawn from the writing, because in that time the Denravi Sword was still in the game, and the Totem Axe was not introduced until 2006, so why not using the Denravi Sword with an enchanting pommel instead?

Spun Ducky, please, if you can bring light to this. Perhaps (or not) maybe I have misunderstood the explanation you have given.

Totally agree about obsidian armor and shiny weapons, helmet apart I always had the same "inflated barrel" feeling about it.

I'm really digging this full chainmail armor, I love the looks of it with the first weapons set <3

I think most of the problem is the bulk in the middle of the chest, lowering this would solve the problem. I don't dislike the armor per se, only the bulk. And yes, the helmet is very good.

Ostona i can relate to that

I always thought it looked like a black pinecone

Though i like the helmet.

Personally for warrior i like a few other armors too but the classik chainmail looks very good.

For the same reasons you mentioned about the obsidian armors i opened this thread because there are sooo many people only buying the most expensive stuff and calling it a day, but there is no creativity anymore. Thats why im always enjoying the combos you and the others come up with ;) <3

You bet.

I don't know why, but as the years have passed I have been liking less and less all the expensive armors. When I started in 2005 and I saw the Obsidian Warrior armor for first time, I thought it was really cool, but now every time I see it, it looks like an inflated barrel with legs (the female version in proportions seems correct to me though) to the point that I don't like to play with the character. I've always found a bit surreal to wear 200kg of armor (immersion issues ~~) and that's probably why I never liked shiny weapons or fantasy armors like the ones you can find in online JRPG games... or even GW2. Same happens with the Obsidian Elementalist armor, I tried dozens of color combinations and I don't like any, it looks ugly with all. The only Obsidian that I find cool is the Ritualist one and the leggins of the Dervish. (Personal opinion, of course, my comment does not represent the general preference, when you are bored in this game after so many years your brain starts looking for other forms of entertainment, some people collect things and in my case I try armor combinations xD)

I've recently been testing combinations with the Warrior that resemble armors in real life, and from the designs available in GW I think the regular Tyrian/Krytan chain mail armor looks pretty good, it's very underrated in my opinion, and it fits with a lot of different weapons. You can even simulate the iron color applying a black + white dye. I think I'm going to delete all the other armors and use this one from now on > . <

You are thinking of the infamous "Scavengers of Ascalon" quest reward axe that could be modded to double 20% enchant. At the time there wasn't a way for permanent spell immunity solo except until that axe was discovered. It was also promptly nerfed as a reward and in all inventories. I remember it quite well because it let me ball up half of perdition rock and many other mobs that would shred a 55 monk normally.

Thanks for the clarification. Do you remember what skin was the Battle Axe from Scavengers in Old Ascalon ? I'm going to update each article.

Well as the post mention low level quest reward and energy while hexed and while ench maybe it the one that was discussed here : RE: Capitalist’s Remains

It's part of many quest reward that were changed in late 2005/early 2006

That makes sense, that's why I could not find info.

Like the Flame Spitter, this was not updated in the official wiki. And in this case, is not updated in the fandom wiki either.

The only update matching with this topic that I've found is this one (Update - Tuesday December 20, 2005) but it's not exactly correct (or at least it doesn't seem like it), so we cannot assure that it was changed in this update:

• Fixed a battle axe that was incorrectly allowing two axe grips to be attached.

Here says two grips, but that counts as an inscription, right? (although inscriptions were not invented in that time). I don't own any old weapon like that to try to change the mods, maybe Capitalist can confirm this using a Perfect Salvage Kit.

1. You can complete Winds of Change both in NM and HM, but the Hard Mode for each quest is only available after you've completed that quest in Normal Mode first. And yes, with the same character.

2. After completing WoC, the zones will remain like WoC. To go back to normal you have to talk with the Herald of Purity in Kaineng, which gives you a mission that simulates how was Cantha before Shiro's defeat. As long as you have that mission active, you will encounter Afflicteds again.

3. Yes, once you finish WoC in both NM or HM, you cannot repeat the missions again with that character, you have to do it with another different. There's one mission in particular to farm Ministerial Commendations (to change them for Purity Weapons), gold weapons like Dragon/Platinum staves and green weapons, which is called A chance encounter and it's the mission number 18 in the walkthrough. Some people leave their character theres in HM so they can farm that place forever.

4. It's super long. In Normal Mode is easier, but anyway since there are 35 missions it will take many hours. In Hard Mode you are going to sweat blood with some quests if you don't know the tricks (I can assist you if you need help, or any other member of this forum I'm sure will gladly help you too).

5. WoC in Hard Mode, I was able to analyze after completing it, has certain missions that, let's say, are not well balanced. They abused with the damage, level and quantity of enemies that spawns in short time and the skills they bring, killing you in massive spikes if you don't know how to avoid them. Mission number 22, Ever closer to the edge, is one of those that you can complete with a trick without having to fight (almost), and Finding Jinnai is a mission that somple people say it's easy and another it's ultra hard. In this last one I died like 30 times before completing it, and it was thanks to the help of another real person that we managed how to do it. For some reason you can't always complete Finding Jinnai like other people do in YouTube videos, because it also depends of the profession of your main chracter and how this affects in the gameplay, for example with a Warrior tanking is easier than an Elementalist (which was my case).

I don't know if you will read this some day since it's a thread fom February, but anyway, for other people.

First of all, if anyone knows exactly how it was done, please correct me, this is just an info compilation. I can't talk by own experience because I was not there or aware in its day, like many other things that I have missed by being on the wrong server before 2011, but I've been searching recently about it in GW Guru and PreSearing.com (old and new) forums and this is a summary of what I've found.

In the past some outposts and hidden outposts were not server-side locked, allowing you to enter if you knew how to force the entrance using bugs, glitches or exploits.

Prior to January 2008, due a bug you could visit outposts that you did not have unlocked. This was fixed in the "Sunday, December 30, 2007" update, and explained in the "[Dev Update] Exploits and Bans – 10 January 2008", which states:

• Fixed an exploit which allowed players to access outposts they had not previously unlocked.
    • An exploit was recently discovered in Guild Wars that allowed client-hackers to travel to a hidden outpost. Only by hacking the client, or partying with someone who had done so, could a player access that outpost.

One of those hidden outposts is the famous "The Ebony Citadel of Mallyx" but with the skin map of the Gate of Torment. Pictures can be found in the discussion thread of the page, here. Basically, you were able to teleport there even if you didn't have that hidden outpost unlocked because in that moment the outposts were not server-side protected (and like this one, many others) if someone had already been there, clicking the "Leave Guild Hall" button and dragging the team members with you. In this case, according to Gaile's official post, it's stated that who started all this for first time, hacked the game's client, so it was not a glitch found by mistake.

With this update, ArenaNet started searching for all outposts that should not be accessible by normal methods without having /developer powers, and they blocked them all. The outposts were not removed from the Live Build, only locked. Today if you try to access forcibly those hidden or disabled outposts without /developer powers, which is having your account in a white list in ArenaNet's servers (for example with GWToolbox and the /tp command which allows you to teleport inside any map if you know the ID), after a brief loading screen appears, the server kicks you to Ascalon instantly. I tried this will all the instances, outposts and hidden outposts (until the ID 2000) and only 6 are still accessible (and useless), 16 have this brief loading screen that kicks you, and the rest are totally locked in the sense that Toolbox simply shows you a message saying that you can't access the place because you don't have it unlocked in your account (the only good thing about this is that every time when you write an ID number, Toolbox shows you the real name of the map and its translation in other languages in case it has one, and some of the DEV Test Areas maps were translated, which is curious).

Back to the topic, items were transferred to Pre-Searing in two ways: during the glitch and after the glitch.

After the glitch is easy to understand, people parked their characters in the Guild Hall when the bug was available, they logged off, and they returned days, weeks and months after the glitch was fixed, so they took the opportunity to transfer items to Pre-Searing again for last time. Today you can't travel to the Guild Hall in Pre-Searing not even using GWToolbox, because as I explained above is server-side locked, so after the loading screen appears, the server kicks you to Pre-Ascalon again.

Now, regarding during the glitch, what I've found is that there were 2 different Guild Hall glitches.

• The first Guild Hall glitch, as I've read in Reddit (source), consisted of the person who was going to act as a crawler (the Party Formation leader) first must visit the target outpost. Then, he travels to the Guild Hall, creates a team adding people, then goes to the "Guild Halls" NPC that shows you the different available halls, and once everyone was inside (because it's an explorable area) they /resign and the server kicks them all to the team leader's latest visited outpost.

q7516X8.png

• The second Guild Hall glitch, as I've read in GW Guru (source 1 and 2, messages #135 and #146) consisted in a day where, for some reason, a bug allowed people who joined a guild in Pre-Searing being able to see the "Guild Hall" button in the G panel, or at least that's what I understand in the conversation. It's not clear, though, if the requirement also consisted of having to create a new character during that moment or if only joining a new guild was enough to activate the bug.

LDMNqxQ.png

b/o: 1e ea

w5qAl0D.png

Woven Shield Armor: 16 (Requires 9 Strength)
    Value: 204 gold

Woven Shield Armor: 16 (Requires 9 Strength)
    Woven Shield Armor: 16 (Requires 9 Tactics)

Woven Shield Armor: 16 (Requires 9 Tactics)
    Value: 228 gold
    Ivory Bow
    Piercing Dmg: 15-29 (Requires 9 Markmanship)

Ivory Bow
    Piercing Dmg: 15-29 (Requires 9 Markmanship)
    Value: 256 gold
    Platinum Staff
    Halves skill recharge of spells (Chance: 20%)
    Energy+10
    Fire Dmg: 11-22 (Requires 9 Energy Storage)

Channeling Staff
    Halves skill recharge of spells (Chance: 20%)
    Energy+10
    Cold Dmg: 11-22 (Requires 9 Channeling Magic)
    Value: 224 gold

This bud from the collector NPC since Prophecies.

I replaced all the blues with golds over time, but I kept it in the storage.

Until 2011 I also kept my old Sorrow Furnace/Tombs customized greens in my old account (Grognar's Blade, Malinon's Skull Crusher, Victo's Maul, Bludgeoner, Forgerunner) and an original Warrior Elite Platemail armor dyed in black before ArenaNet changed the dye system (I originally started playing as Warrior in 2005) but I don't have screenshots because when I quit in the hiatus between 2012~2020 I gave the account to a friend and everything was looted, salvaged or deleted.

Arun is a warrior who have rank 15 ha, also he did lot of ha and got same armor it's why some people think it was Arun.

But if im not wrong he don't play (at least for moment) at gw.

I had covered the ign for privacy because it was irrelevant to the thread, although I still have the original picture in case you want to confirm it.

EDIT: Okay, we confirmed it's Arun, but the name is from another of his characters indeed.