So what type of player are you?

• Hopefully this is interesting enough for people to want to share.

-Are you predominately a PvP or PvE player?

-Are you an altaholic? Multiple accounts?

-What is your favorite game to play in?

-Are you a META player or someone who prefers to mess around with builds?

-Do you start a new Prophecies character and go to post right away, or stay to reach 20 in pre to get the title? Do you keep a permanent pre character?

-Do you (or did you, lol) get a Droks run for better armor? Maybe you get a ferry to the docks in NF?

-Do you play through missions, or run through them as much as possible? Are you a speed clear player?

-Knowing you can safely party wipe in EotN dungeons, do you prefer the party wipe to res and play faster, or struggle to res one by one?

-Do you prefer doing missions and dungeons with or without cons?

-Are you always looking for a large guild to join, or perhaps you prefer to go it alone? Do you prefer to play with people you know or random players you meet online?

For myself, I can say that I'm strictly a PvE player with one account. I prefer standard builds because it's usually what a lot of other players are looking for, and it cuts down on time. (I play paragon so imba is almost always implied to be my build :P)

However when not in HM endgame areas, I'm quite lax about other players build choices... within reason!

Whenever I created a new character, I would usually take the slower route and build towards better armor. I did a Droks run once before though! Should also note that I now have a permanent pre character.

Even though I enjoy things to go smoothly in most cases, I enjoy the struggle occasionally. When I say struggle, I mean getting close to a party wipe and having a player retreat with a res, so that they can revive the rest of the group to push on. Even if I'm dead, I like watching people move around to get the players up one by one if need be, to see us overcome in the end.

Having a poorly built party that wipes all the time because of sub par tactics and builds doesn't count. It eats up massive amounts of time and I don't think anyone enjoys that lol.

I should also state that I'm pro PuG and not in an organized guild by choice.

I'm also the type who prefers to play through any area instead of running past it. Even though I'm completely ok with running through game content for others.

I am ok with or without cons depending on the teams make up. There are times where you just don't have a required class to fill a need, and cons will usually help with that.

I have never done a speed clear. Just no interest for me.

Prophecies is probably my favorite campaign to this day because of the variety of environments to choose from and explore.

• I am strictly PvE, I don't even do FA or JQ (why bother nowadays anyway)

I do have one alt account. It was my pre storage at first but it has all campaigns and eotn now.

My favorite game is Factions, I chest run there when I get bored irl.

What is Meta? My builds are an odd mix of stuff I like. No team is complete without ion cannons, at least two at all times and often more lol

I have done LDoA before but recently no new Proph characters, the most recent ones were mules smuggling GotHs when I used to visit Nick a lot. I do have a few perma-pre characters.

I have gotten a Drok's run or Docks ferry in the past. Now I'm more likely to be running someone else there or around the southern shiverpeaks to elite armor spots, eotn tours and docks ferrys.

Honestly, I really don't do missions much, my game 'progression' has pretty much stopped.Sometimes I do the zm if it's one I like and I'm bored. I've never done a speed clear either.

I never wipe on purpose, it's fun to watch the one with rez scramble around.

I don't use cons, I salvage stuff from chest drops and craft cons to sell sometimes.

I usually play alone, but I'm not against playing with others. I sometimes party with friends if they are on. Mostly I chestrun/farm for items I'm looking for. Since I don't run meta builds most PUGs don't include me, though my odd character builds are sometimes good for a laugh.

"Hey join us we need a monk"

"Ok, but I suck as a healer..."

"That's ok we should be fine it's an easy dungeon."

"Ummm... ok, but I warned you ;P"

"WTF?!" 'Ivan is using Ray of Judgement'

Lol PUG life.

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• Official Post

-Are you predominately a PvP or PvE player? 99.99% PvE. Sometimes I do some RA when it's the z mission. I also used to do a fair bit of AB (relatively speaking, at least), though I haven't done so in a long time.
    -Are you an altaholic? Multiple accounts? My playtime is predominatly split between Warrior, Ranger, Rit and Ele. The link between the first three is that I mostly run melee builds on them, so it's more about finding variety in the melee space rather than wanting a drastically different playstyle (though I certainly do use bow builds, spirit builds and whatnot too). My ele was the first character I made because I usually play those sorts of characters. Not sure why I gravitate towards melee in GW.
    -What is your favorite game to play in? Prophecies, by far. It just has an epicness that isn't as strong with the others. Having areas which exist solely/predominantly for exploration is something that the later games lacked. While having outposts that are accessible to the content and having more content to fill each area is a good thing, I miss being about to wonder out and feeling that I'm far away from civilisation, for example in The Falls.
    -Are you a META player or someone who prefers to mess around with builds? Definitely a builder. That's always been the case, but it's becoming practically a necessity now that the skill list is static and the balance of PvE is shot with the massive power creep.
    -Do you start a new Prophecies character and go to post right away, or stay to reach 20 in pre to get the title? Do you keep a permanent pre character? I'm a completionist, so I make sure to do all of the content before moving ahead. That typically gets you to level 6-8. After that I usually did a bit of charr fighting and left around level 10. I had no interest in getting to level 20 or having a perma pre. Since then I've created two more chars in Prophecies and got them to level 20, mostly for the challenge but also for the title. Disappointing though that it makes most of Prophecies trivially easy.
    -Do you (or did you, lol) get a Droks run for better armor? Maybe you get a ferry to the docks in NF? I used to get runs. It was cheaper to pay 1.5k for a run than to upgrade as I went along. Nowadays I usually just get myself over to the crafter near Sanctum Cay who offers 51/61/71AL gear and use that until I get access to the prestige armor crafter I need, which is nearly always in Prophecies.
    -Do you play through missions, or run through them as much as possible? Are you a speed clear player? As above, I'm a completionist. I must do every single quest+mission and map every area with every character. I am not ashamed to admit I keep an excel spreadsheet to manage my progress. I have done a total of one speedclear, which was FoW as a 100b Warrior.
    -Knowing you can safely party wipe in EotN dungeons, do you prefer the party wipe to res and play faster, or struggle to res one by one? I prefer to stay alive, though I'm not really in a position to wipe very often nowadays anyway. Screw ups consist mostly of a couple of deaths which are easy enough to recover from.
    -Do you prefer doing missions and dungeons with or without cons? Without. They're a crutch. Nowadays they're probably more about speed, but it's still a no.
    -Are you always looking for a large guild to join, or perhaps you prefer to go it alone? Do you prefer to play with people you know or random players you meet online? I've never been a fan of big guilds. If a social circle is big enough such that I'm not able to get to know every person reasonably well then it's too big for me.

• Official Post

loads of questions.

PVE, I have done JQ and FA a few times (mostly to do the carto), but never was one to play pvp (not very good at it either)
    I have a few accounts, mostly because I like character creation, my main account is full--all the slots, all the costumes, all the storage, everything unlocked, etc. My other accounts only have one or two extra characters, decided to no longer fund gw2 with my purchases so I havent bought much of anything since 2012. I have been doing title hunting and my extra account provide me with nic gifts as well as golds to id and z-coins (though I dont think I will ever finish my zaishen title especially since I only pve).

My favorite, that is hard to say. I would say my least favorite is nightfall, just not a fan of the grind to get any where. I like prophecies, but wish there was more of the higher levels (southern shiverpeaks) stuff--and not in hard mode, junking the foes up to higher levels doesnt make me want to play those areas. I like the ambiance of factions and eye so those are the areas I play the most.

Meta? I think I uploaded the imbargon and thats it, I like to use more of the skills than just 8, so I have multiple characters with different builds they use---I have at least 8 different eles and none of them use the same build (though 2 of them arent even fire eles).

Pre-searing perma, I have one on each account (2 on my main) that have never left. My main has the ldoa and another I work on and off to max level. I only do post quickly if I am running things out of pre (mostly minis). I have one slot free on one account for that purpose.

I have gotten ONE dorks run on my 3rd accounts monk. I am not a fan of running, I PLAY the game. I also do the missions---and usually bonuses as well (and often times I do carto along the way). I have gotten a few runs thru missions waay back when they were hard to do with just henchies (or 3 heroes), but now I can do most of them with just my own heroes and I dont have to worry about if folks like my build or such (or if I have to step away for a bit for RL purposes).
    I play through the dungeons as well ( I did have my main monk get help through the HM ones back a few years ago). I dont like to party wipe for any reason and try to avoid that as much as possible (though I do use it when doing that halloween quest since I usually die during that underworld bone pits part anyways). I dont even know how to speed clear let alone an area that it can be done in (other than mount qinkai).

I do use cons as I like to finish things I start and sometimes my heroes do some leeroy'ing which gives them so dp, so I have some removals for that (and I use the personal cons when I am working on my sweets title). I dont really use the others all that much--I dont think (besides res scrolls) I have ever made cons either (I use the ones that you get from quests and such). I still do most of the quests---even the holiday ones! Though I have stopped doing the prophecies wintersday quests as I have no room for any more gingerbread focii, etc. I dont like to bin stuff--not even all the extra minipets I have (I have 1 account that is JUST minipets and a few other characters on the others that have bags full of minis).

Guild? My brother-in-law made the guild my main account is in, my husband and I are the other members of that guild, it was created in May of 2005 and we are all still members of that guild (I am now leader as my brother-in-law hasnt logged on in almost 5 years and my hubby prefers to play other games now...so its just basically me). My other accounts all belong to my other guild, so I have 2 guilds of which I am the only (active) member....so I guess the answer is small guild! I have played with a few others I met either thru guru or online, though with the time zone differences its hard to get together (and now with a lot of people having RL issues, including myself).

I also like to collect stuff--lots of stuff, not weapons (minus greens with skins that are available on drops). I have tons of armor for all my characters on my main account and have all those skins unlocked (including my ONE complete set of fow armor). I am still working on getting all the minipets, though I know some are totally out of reach (panda, kanaxi, etc) so I am working on the ones that are still do-able. I also collect strange and unique items (naga fangs, fossilized shellfish, etc--things that stack and some that dont like: jade gorget, ice, bobo, etc)

I, too, have a spreadsheet with all my characters on it with which missions they have done, what armors they have, what minipets they got for their birthdays (yes, I KNOW which ones I got every year!), also keep track of accomplishments like level of sunspear, lightbringer, norn, asura, etc as well. Each account (minus my one factions only) have a separate sheet--with 70+ characters, I find I dont remember who has done what when or who still needs to do what or is working on which thing, and outside of a few complete mules, I like to PLAY all of my characters.

I still have goals I have not completed on my main account, so I keep plugging along doing them (am getting close on my luxon and chest running---which I also find incredible boring to do so after about 3 runs I stop and do other things--just cant do something that mindless over and over--perhaps why I didnt like that other game!). Each character has things they are working on (which I also keep track of on that spreadsheet), so when I feel like smashing charr, I know which character to play or when I feel like hugging some walls, yep know which characters are working on carto, etc. I dont think I will finish all the stuff on my alt accounts before they turn off the game, but hope to on my main so I can finally feel like I have completed something.

• -Are you predominately a PvP or PvE player?
    PvE for sure, I did a fair bit of PvP back in late 2005, early 2006 which was primarily GvG which was a lot of fun.

-Are you an altaholic? Multiple accounts?
    Just the one account.

-What is your favorite game to play in?
    Prophecies for sure, the first and in my opinion still the best game overall in Guild Wars. Plus with the addition of EotN, extra fun.

-Are you a META player or someone who prefers to mess around with builds?
    I suppose mess around, though I've been running two MM necro's recently which has worked really well for me getting my skill hunter titles complete, no idea if it will work in HM area clears though.

-Do you start a new Prophecies character and go to post right away, or stay to reach 20 in pre to get the title? Do you keep a permanent pre character?
    I do have a permanent pre character, which is a necromancer. However, I have not gone for lvl 20 with him so usually I'll kinda go post as soon as possible.

-Do you (or did you, lol) get a Droks run for better armor? Maybe you get a ferry to the docks in NF?
    Not on any current characters. For example; my second warrior "Dargor Dragonsbane" is a prophecies only character who I treated like an old school, first time play through. Doing missions, not getting run anywhere etc. It gave the experience of playing this character a lot more fun and rewarding.

-Do you play through missions, or run through them as much as possible? Are you a speed clear player?
    I do play through missions but I don't "run" them as much as possible. I do need to do Guardian for Elona and Cantha though on my main warrior.
    I haven't done a speed clear, unless you mean simply an area clear in HM, in which case I have done that.

-Knowing you can safely party wipe in EotN dungeons, do you prefer the party wipe to res and play faster, or struggle to res one by one?
    I don't really care but I used to always go for the "struggle" option.

-Do you prefer doing missions and dungeons with or without cons?
    I've always done missions without cons, though I am not opposed to using them, I just never had any on my person to use. I haven't done any dungeons.

-Are you always looking for a large guild to join, or perhaps you prefer to go it alone? Do you prefer to play with people you know or random players you meet online?
    I think the biggest, or one of the biggest, issues I faced when I briefly returned in late 2015, was that I was playing by myself. I did join a guild but they weren't very talkative and didn't really seem to participate with each other. Also, because my mate no longer plays Guild Wars (he is into #2 and rust) I didn't have anyone to play with. So joining the guild I am currently in and sharing in the alliance has been nice.

• Official Post

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]-Are you predominately a PvP or PvE player?[/font]
    [hr]
    Back in the good ol' days I did a lot of Alliance Battles and Jade Quarry. That's about all the PvP I seriously did. From time to time I did a Random- or Team Arena match, but nothing serious. In PvE I've done about everything there is except DoA haha, never found the fun in that. I did UWsc and FoWsc when Shadow Form still dropped your health when it ended and when 100b was the way to go in FoW. Somehow I ended up in a Dungeon Speed Clear guild and I think we speed cleared about every Dungeon around. Those days are way behind me now. In 2015 I came back from a break and started collecting and recently Pre-Searing is my new found love.

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]-Are you an altaholic? Multiple accounts? [/font]
    [hr]
    Yes, I have my main with a character from every profession, which all did all the campaigns I think. Also a new GWAMM Warrior and a Perma Pre Warrior at lvl 20. (So 3x Warriors). Than we have my alts: Two are for Pre-Searing mostly and the rest is for storage and to have in guilds from friends etc.

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]-What is your favorite game to play in?[/font]
    [hr]
    Atm it is Prophecies (Pre-Searing to be exact). However in my twelve years in Guild Wars my all time favorite campaign to play is Factions.

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]-Are you a META player or someone who prefers to mess around with builds?[/font]
    [hr]
    I used to be a META player for most my time in Guild Wars, but the last two years or so I have been experimenting with various builds.

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]-Do you start a new Prophecies character and go to post right away, or stay to reach 20 in pre to get the title? Do you keep a permanent pre character?[/font]
    [hr]
    I never bothered with Pre-Searing till not to long ago, so no. My original characters don't have LDOA, however with my new found love for Pre-Searing I doubt I will ever make a new Prophecies character which (if it is meant to be lvl 20) doesn't have LDOA.

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]-Do you (or did you, lol) get a Droks run for better armor? Maybe you get a ferry to the docks in NF?[/font]
    [hr]
    Since I could afford it I have done it. An original play through without runs is still on my bucket list.

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]-Do you play through missions, or run through them as much as possible? Are you a speed clear player?[/font]
    [hr]
    On my new GWAMM Warrior I am seriously playing through all the missions, no cons or whatsoever. However I used to speed through the missions as much as I could.

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]-Knowing you can safely party wipe in EotN dungeons, do you prefer the party wipe to res and play faster, or struggle to res one by one?[/font]
    [hr]
    Only if it isn't a struggle to resurrect my party will I do it one by one, otherwise a wipe is my next course of action.

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]-Do you prefer doing missions and dungeons with or without cons?[/font]
    [hr]
    I did my Monks full GWAMM with consets, pcons, summons. Just because I wanted a GWAMM after eleven years of playing haha. Now on my new GWAMM Warrior, like I said before, I'm not using cons or whatever.

[font="Hind, sans-serif"]-Are you always looking for a large guild to join, or perhaps you prefer to go it alone? Do you prefer to play with people you know or random players you meet online?[/font]
    [hr]
    I always join guilds that fit my current interest in the game. When I was speed clearing I was in speed clear guilds. When I was title hunting I was in regular PvE guilds and now that I am collecting and into Pre-Searing, I am in a collectors guild on my main and have an alt in a Pre-Searing guild. I also used to run my own guilds and alliances, which were mostly regular PvE based.
    As for playing goes I always like to play with people I already know, but when I meet someone in the Maguuma Jungle doing a normal play through like me, I'll happily join forces.

Fun questions man, good idea!

~Emma