How to get through the game playing solo

• Just recently got back into the game after like 13 some odd years and having trouble getting back on my feet. My tiny child brain had all my classes set up horribly and for whatever reason all my characters are broke. Anyone have any tips or guides to get going in the right direction or help me survive through the game? Thanks :/

• If it's been that long you're probably better off starting again than trying to pick up where you left off (though don't go deleting your old characters). A lot has been added or changed so anything you might remember might not be accurate anymore anyway.

That said, the wiki has a summary for returning players, but even that doesn't go back as far as 2008. There's also a beginner hero guide, though if you've got a lot more unlocked (idk what/how much you did before you quit) you can look towards the proper meta builds also on that site.

Regardless of how you decide to go about things, you can finance your build+equipment needs easily via nick gifts, which can be sold for up to 5 ectos each. Some weeks are easier than others.

d78dd1d.jpg

• My biggest suggestion is to start going through NF/eotn a little ways to get some fast heroes, that's going to be the biggest thing I feel. You can get a necro, ele, and two monks early on with NF (Olias, Dunkoro, Talkora, Acolyte Souske). While a short way into eotn you can get a mesmer, monk, ele, and rit hero, (Gwen, Xandra, Vekk, Ogden Stonehealer). Once you go a bit further (as in a few more hours of game play at most) you can get another ele from NF, Zhed Shadowhoof, and another necro from eotn, Livia. This will cover all of your needs for healing, damage, and support/utility regardless of what profession you are personally using. This also allows you plenty of room to play around and experiment with different teams and builds which will be highly effective for whatever you want to do.

Make sure to check out pvxwiki to browse through different hero and player builds. As others have mentioned, a lot has changed which means things that were amazing then aren't so great now either through improvements in skill usage, hero AI, or certain balance patches that have happened.

If you're stuck for money and can't afford to buy skills or even basic runes for your heroes, get yourself a farming character set up asap. Personally I recommend farming Vaettirs to get yourself started which works best with a sin, mesmer, or ele. The only thing you need to do this farm is run to the third or so town in eotn (Longeye's Ledge) and be level 20 to turn on hard mode. You get lots of unid golds to sell or you can ID them for some quick and dirty weapon mods to give your heroes. Naturally a single 30hp mod isn't a big deal, but having 12 of them is a difference you are going to notice right away. The main 'big money' item you can find here is a 20% version of the focus inscription "Forget Me Not."

Another farming spot if you want to go a bit deeper into factions is the quest "the halcyon job" (takes place in the luxon area) which can be done on various characters, but works best with a 55 necro or monk imo. The biggest appeal here is all of the runes and insignias you can get for your heroes and a chance at superior vigor which is a ton of cash. However it does require a few pve skills and needs you to buy alcohol either from players or vendors so it might not be great for you right off the bat.

Lastly there is the option to spend real money on unlocking skills for your heroes or buying mercenary slot upgrades. Not really 'worth it' in the general sense, but they're kind of cool and I'd be remiss if I didn't at least mention that they are an option available to you. I started a fresh account and it was worth it for me to buy one skill unlock pack and I bought a mercenary upgrade simply because it's super cool and a decent QoL improvement. Glance over what hero teams you can put together and decide for yourself!

IGN: Zurathustra Spoke

• wb =) I agree with zaratusthra for the most part too. The most important step in getting back on your feet are acquiring as many heroes as quickly as possible and equipping them with good skills/runes/insignias as possible. If you have a good hero composition you can run over most of the game. I don't know which skills are unlocked on your account but you can visit various sources for different and efficient builds that suit many different situations. maybe this link can give you a good start

guildwarslegacy.com/forum/thread/?postID=138536#post138536

you can also check pvx wiki and wiki.guildwars.com

The part I don't agree with zaratusthra is making a char for farming. I don't know if farming is your thing but if I were you I would power-trade my way into big money OR running but that has a somewhat steep learning curve depending on your experience with the game.

Edited once, last by Kryth Vocans (January 6, 2022 at 12:25 PM).

• If you're stuck for money and can't afford to buy skills or even basic runes for your heroes, get yourself a farming character set up asap. Personally I recommend farming Vaettirs to get yourself started which works best with a sin, mesmer, or ele. The only thing you need to do this farm is run to the third or so town in eotn (Longeye's Ledge) and be level 20 to turn on hard mode.

Well, that and have beaten the EotN primary chain completely on another character. HM needs to be unlocked to turn it on. You also need the bear shrine primary norn quest complete on the vaettir farming character.

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ