Gold trims now Cost 15000 points

• Pleikki August 24, 2023 at 5:54 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Gold trims now Costa 15000 rp points” to “Gold trims now Cost 15000 points”.
  • Mostly because MATs has been unplayable due to people ddosing every teams to win the whole thing.

I guess they'll do the same for daily ATs too now if they're brave enough.

And if goldtrim service reaches a stupid high price due to insanely high demand, which is what is going to happen, I dont see why they wouldnt continue doing the same thing in MATs if its still lucrative.

Pretty poor choice from anet once again, they chose the easy way instead of fixing their game...

Best outcome : Syncers/botters as the providers will get even richer and everyone will have a goldtrim which will make it not special anymore

RIP to the boys who paid hundreds of euros/thousands of armbraces for a goldtrim guild, hope you guys enjoyed it while it lasted :)

• This is a simple and efficient measure against the small group of gold cape sellers who sold gold capes for real money and tons of arms.

For many of the recent gold capes, severe botting and even worse practises which I will not further detail were used. Thus, the original idea of the gold cape that only the most skillful teams/guilds would receive one was gone long time ago. So, from that perspective the update doesnt change much on the skill related reputation of a gold cape.

I agree that it is a quite dirty way or fixing it, however I understand that with anet's limited resources on gw1 other measures would be difficult to implement.

• So those people will make even more money now :)

For me, the solution would have been to remove the possibility of getting gold capes and just let the ones that already exist remain.
    Like they did with the free rp that you could get when creating an account, they just removed it, who knows why :):):):)

• Doesnt this also imply that the value of BRONZE capes will increase significantly? Any thoughts?

There are no true "bronze" guilds in the game any longer. Anything you see that looks like "bronze" is actually just orange.

• In the past, the winning players of a season ladder had their trim changed to gold permanently.
    • In the past, silver and bronze cape trims were also rewarded. These trims were removed at the start of the next tournament.
      • (removed at the start of the next tournament, means that any guild with true "bronze" color had it removed - nobody got to keep that permanently).
      • Since the May 16, 2013 update, the winning mAT team is automatically awarded a gold cape at the conclusion of the mAT; Silver and Bronze trims are no longer awarded as a result of mAT placement (i.e. Silver for 2nd to 16th place, Bronze for 17th to 32nd). If no final is played, no gold trim is awarded.

• Doesnt this also imply that the value of BRONZE capes will increase significantly? Any thoughts?

There are no true "bronze" guilds in the game any longer. Anything you see that looks like "bronze" is actually just orange.

• In the past, the winning players of a season ladder had their trim changed to gold permanently.
    • In the past, silver and bronze cape trims were also rewarded. These trims were removed at the start of the next tournament.
      • (removed at the start of the next tournament, means that any guild with true "bronze" color had it removed - nobody got to keep that permanently).
      • Since the May 16, 2013 update, the winning mAT team is automatically awarded a gold cape at the conclusion of the mAT; Silver and Bronze trims are no longer awarded as a result of mAT placement (i.e. Silver for 2nd to 16th place, Bronze for 17th to 32nd). If no final is played, no gold trim is awarded.

Damnnnnn looks like a Chinese knock-off with orange.

• Incoming kanaxai, panda, ig, and mkg in next years bday presents :)

I sorely hope not… it’s bad enough the value of my poop (gold) trims have gone down 😂 let alone my entire and complete miniature collection to loose value especially that black and orange dual wielding maniac who I sold an arm and both legs to originally obtain 😅

Can’t expect too much these days though I guess 😴

[cute] Story bro