How to beat the Smothering Tendrils in the Stygian Veil?

• Hi, I'm trying to do DoA but can't get through the Stygian Veil because of the Smothering Tendrils, what should I do against them? Go far away, kill one, go far away, kill the new monsters etc? My group always gets hugely damaged right after destroying one of the Tendrils, is there anything I should know about it?

• Official Post

DoA oftentimes will swarm you with big mobs and in these cases backing off and thinning them out bit by bit is the way to go, especially for people new to the area. There are certainly other ways of dealing with these situations but if you don't know what's coming it's hard to do. You can always check the wiki for such knowledge if desired.

Have you cleared any of the other areas?

• I backed off against the tentacles and killed every repop one by one, it worked thanks ^^ For the moment I have just cleaned the City easily, the Stygian Veil now, and I tried once the Darkness but lost to all the repops of the Great Darkness that I did not expect.
    I'm checking the wiki all the time xD I read so much threads on it that I can't count x) But only after trying stuff by myself in order not to get spoiled ^^ (I'm one of these people who played a lot of GW when they were younger without even knowing what they were really doing and then came back years later and understood how many things they missed back then :p)

Completely off topic, but I don't want to flood this forum any more with my newbies questions :/ So let's abuse of you:
    -How much is worth an armbrace in terms of gold?
    -Is there a thread out there which lists the price of mini-pets? ;w; I'm desperately looking to sell mine, I have stuff like Shiro or Kuunavang that are completely useless to me :/

Sorry for any english mistake :)

• Official Post

There is a link in the Xunlai section here to the Kamadan trade chat. That's a real time log of what is being bought and sold in Kamadan. Search for your items and you'll find their current market values. Pay attention to whether is a wtb (want to buy) or WTS (want to sell) though as it can vary depending on the greed or thrift of the seller or buyer....

Kuunavang is quite valuable though. Don't sell to low offers.

• Thanks, I just checked, the Kamadan outpost in my server is empty so I never realised there was still so many trades.
    To conclude what I started in the OP, I just defeated Mallyx, it was a bit disappointing as it was super easy but perhaps it's supposed to be challenging particularly in HM? I'll try it out.
    Thanks again for your replies guys =)