Vicennium Paragon - Ironman challenge

• Hello there!

Give or take one year from now, Guild Wars will celebrate it's 20th anniversary! To celebrate this,
    I decided to start a new character on a fresh account and give myself one year to become a God
    walking among mere Mortals. I will try to accomplish this without dying - this is the ultimate challenge for me.

In this thread you'll find periodical updates!

Cheers,
    Swiftfolk

PS: Don't forget to say hi when you cross me :)

Edited 3 times, last by Swiftfolk (April 22, 2024 at 7:35 PM).

• Great Idea. Enjoy your way !

• - To optimalize the play experience, I have to complete every sidequest in an area in order to move on with the story

See you on an infinite loop of repeatable Factions quests ;)

- No consumables or tomes unless I craft / find them myself

if this is a fresh account, there is very little you can do with tomes. Unless you unlock skills with Balth Faction

- I try to follow the lore as much as possible, so no skipping scenes

You probably know this already, but if you don't want to die. Some cutscenes may kill you and give you a death counter (Vizunah Square comes to mind)

Overall cool challenge. I am trying to do something similair, but maybe less restrictive. As I start in Proph, and inted to run to NF and grab heroes.

Good luck on your travels! Keep Legacy updated on your progress!

• Small update:

Did some casual Sunspear Point farming at the Plains of Jarin and Hassin was so generous to give my his shell! Upgraded my armor to the 50 ar version and am slowly preparing to face the Apocrypha..

Edited: Defeating the Apocrypha was actually quite easy and found a survivor insignia in the process! Now I'm hunting on the escaped undead, made a little detour to find the first 'buried treasure' in Issinur Isles and was rewarded by my first gold item: A spear! The mods are crap, but the damage is very good. Hope to find some decent mods in the future. Feeling really good about my equipment so far.

Edited 2 times, last by Swiftfolk (April 13, 2024 at 8:51 PM).

• Swiftfolk April 12, 2024 at 11:52 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Vicennium Paragon - Iron Man challenge” to “Vicennium Paragon - Ironman challenge”.
  • Time for a minor update!

I've completed all the 91 quests and 3 missions on Istan and I must say that it was really fun. I did some quests I've never done before and I've played Nightfall since it's release so felt like I was playing new content! All this questing helped me to get to level 20. Currently I'm busy farming steel and iron to craft 80 AR armor. When that's done, I'm going to storm Gandara, the Moon Fortress with the boys.

Below you see the build I'm currently running. Not much choice on a fresh account :')

Also found a cool shield!

• Another minor update

Finished all the 41 quests in Kourna and am ready to enter Vabbi. Worked on some titles in the meanwhile, made some nice progress on the Sunspear Title and managed to capture some elite skills.

Pretty happy with my build right now! Vicous Attack in combination with "Go for the Eyes!" is a sweet little engine to deal deep wounds (great against healers). Leaders Comfort has been quite important since it heals me for 140 HP, gives my healer hero's some room to heal other hero's. Quite happy with Defensive Anthem as an elite. "There's Nothing to Fear!" has been a real lifesaver against freaks like The Drought. Also very happy with the IAS that Aggressive Refrain offers me.

The biggest challenge thusfar has been the restricted skillsets for my hero's. Very hard to unlock better skills. Might spend some time to capture some good elites for them.

Got my 80 AR Sunspear armor which matches my hair pretty good. I didn't found any better weapons yet.

See you next time!

Edit: I've decided to capture all the elite skills I can capture so far before I proceed. This because I want my heroes to be stronger and it saves me a lot of work later on to complete the title.

Edited once, last by Swiftfolk (April 16, 2024 at 9:07 AM).

• Just hitted the 1 million XP! Worked on some titles too. Currently doing some Vanquishes, HM missions and the last few bonus missions of NM. Also spending quite a lot of time and money on opening chests in order to get a better shield. Still running the Skeleton Shield I got on Istan.

My plan for the next two month is:

Not dying

Completing the following titles:

• Legendary Survivor
    • Protector of Elona
    • Guardian of Elona
    • Elonian Vanquisher
    • Holy Lightbringer
    • Legendary Spearmarshal
    • Elonian Grandmaster Cartographer

GWAMM: 7/30

Also getting all the elites in NF, but I can't complete this title because I haven't purchased Factions - so no ritualist and assassin elite skills yet.

Getting all the elite armor in Nightfall because it is fun:

• Ancient Armor
    • Vabbian Armor
    • Elite Sunspear Armor

MAYBE (If i can and dare to pull this off): Farming Gemstones in DoA for an Tormented Shield.

After this, I will purchase Prophecies and move on.

Edited 3 times, last by Swiftfolk (May 2, 2024 at 9:38 PM).