Your Guild Wars Soundtrack - Nostalgia

• Hey all,

So of course we all love the absolute masterpieces that are the official Guild Wars soundtracks from each campaign, however when we play the game we don't always listen to these.

I wondered for everyone here what was the Artist, Album, or Song in particular that is for you your own Guild Wars Soundtrack. What I mean by this is which Album, Artist, or Song, if you heard it outside of the game, would make you think of GW and why?

For me it is The Trick to Life, an album by The Hoosiers. I always used to listen to this back in the day, in the late 2000s when I was clearing DoA with the Guild "Globs of Ectospasm [GoE]".

If I ever hear a song from that album it gives me major nostalgia - it takes me straight back to being on Teamspeak at the early hours of the morning laughing and joking with guildies as we slayed the Margonites.

What's your own Guild Wars Soundtrack?

IGN: Devilish Scythe Z

Guild Leader of the Tofu-Eating Wokerati [TOFU] 🌱

WTS OS q0 q7 q8

Edited once, last by Devilish Scythe Z (April 17, 2024 at 7:36 PM).

• Numerous Nirvana and KoRn albums and HIM early on (~2007-2008, i started playing in 2007), a bit later In Flames and Children of Bodom (2008-2009) and probably lots more that i can't think of right now.

EDIT: some more of my 'GW bands' are In Extremo, Immortal, Ensiferum, Amon Amarth. Later my metal phase faded a bit and i also listened to hands up and rap. but the strongest memories and nostalgia are from my early GW days of course.

Listening to certain albums or tracks now really gives me instant GW memories even when not playing, but when i do play while listening I really feel taken back to my teen GW years and i remember EXACTLY how it was back then and how addicted i was to the game.

Great thread idea btw!

Verdammter Choleriker lässt Folgendes fallen: Verfluchter Stab.

Edited once, last by trademeimfamous (April 17, 2024 at 7:49 PM).